CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would find the woman more believable if she saw him closer to the time that he went to his friends house and found him not home. At that point he probably was visibly sad and disappointed.
Three hours later would be still be so visibly sad and upset that he would verbalize it to a stranger?? Knowing my own 10 year old has the attention span of a gnat and gets over things quickly before the next crisis occurs I would say no.

Agreed I hope the cops are keeping an eye on her and did some sort of background check or something. Kids are told never speak to strangers. The police did say they met and interviewed the woman and found her to be a credible witness. I know it was mild that day but it's still WINTER, would a kid stay that long outdoors in winter with no boots when he could just walk back home? I know his father cut off his video gaming but still. I hope the private investigator turns out to be useful.

I have to say my first thought re: the woman when I heard that she told someone else and they went ot the police is that she lied.

I don't think she lied maliciously, but we all know people who insert themselves even harmlessly into tragedies. They build up acquaintances into friendships, they enhance their connections, etc.Could said woman have been somehow just telling a friend a story, but the friend obviously believed her and went to the police?

Anyway just a thought.

I feel personally that the ice is more likely than abduction, but its heartbreaking either way.

Sorry, I tried to upload a screen shot on my iPad but it didn't work...have switched to my laptop now :)
Still from new CCTV footage:
View attachment 131553
House front at 1224 blvd Gouin O:
View attachment 131554
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/1224+Boul+Gouin+O,+Montréal

The address you posted (1224 blvd Gouin O) is close to the friend's school (L'école François-de-Laval) where I think the friend or friend's mother was going to school. Could he have tried to walk to the school to find the friend?

The address you posted (1224 blvd Gouin O) is close to the friend's school (L'école François-de-Laval) where I think the friend or friend's mother was going to school. Could he have tried to walk to the school to find the friend?

That address is the house where he was seen on the video turning around. It's not the school. It's right before his friend's apartment complex.

That address is the house where he was seen on the video turning around. It's not the school. It's right before his friend's apartment complex.

I am actually saying that the 1224 blvd Gouin O address is CLOSE (within walking distance) to the school (L'école François-de-Laval) where the friend would have been at daycare/friend's mom working, and Ariel may have possibly tried to reach the school after finding out friend wasn't home.

I am actually saying that the 1224 blvd Gouin O address is CLOSE (within walking distance) to the school (L'école François-de-Laval) where the friend would have been at daycare/friend's mom working, and Ariel may have possibly tried to reach the school after finding out friend wasn't home.

So you're just saying that Ariel's friend didn't live very far from his school/daycare/mom's work? The fact that you quoted a specific post highlighting an address next to him simply confused me. I thought you were trying to link the address you quoted to the school.

So if this house is right before his friends house, then if someone was following him, they would have caught up to him, once he got to his friends. He could have expected safety there, but instead, got no answer. But this shouldn't be too hard.... either a person or a car would pass this camera very shortly after him! There is more info to release.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

He was last seen at Parc des Bateliers at 2PM on Monday, which is next to Gouin Boulevard (where he was seen on video). It looks like he went to his friend's house at noon, then he went to the nearby park. It's quite possible that he walked along the river and ran into trouble. I think this is far more likely than an abduction from the park.

I'm a bit surprised that the family is so determined to believe that this was an abduction when all facts point to Ariel being last scene an area where even an adult could run into trouble due to the terrain.

"Montreal police, Quebec provincial police, firefighters, family and volunteers have canvassed the neighbourhood over the past week for signs of Ariel.

They have repeatedly combed through the snowy riverbank and wooded area of Parc des Bateliers, which is along the Rivière des Prairies and where Ariel was last seen."​

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-missing-boy-10-ahuntsic-saturday-search-1.4581048

"Officers have used boats, horses, a helicopter and all-terrain vehicles to search a river and a wooded riverside park where someone matching Kouakou’s description was last seen at about 2 p.m. on Monday."​

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ward-as-search-for-10-year-old-continues.html

"Kouakou said he didn't believe Ariel would go near the river.

"We never went near the water — I know my son," he said.

"Maybe he would have gone near the water if it was something we usually did. He is a soccer kid. He would go see his friend to play soccer. He was going to see his friend, and when he left home, he did not say he was going near the water."​

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-police-search-10-year-old-boy-missing-1.4575490

I found some pics on his father's facebook where they were having a birthday party in what seems to be a park near a river, not sure if it's the same park but they were on a picnic table near water.

Some random thoughts this morning:

Presumably Ariel had no idea when he knocked on his friends door that his friend had gone to daycare for the entire day. For all he knew his friend was gone with his parents to run an errand and would be back soon or even hadn’t heard the knock since there was a sign posted outside saying that the doorbell was broken. Would Ariel have decided to wait a bit at the park and go back to the friends house a little later to see if he was back? Thus another trip to and from the friends house?

Why wouldn’t he go home if he realized that he couldn’t see his friend? I can understand him maybe detouring through the park on the way home but it’s the sighting at 2 pm that I can’t understand. He lives just minutes away but he wasted at least two+ hours at this park. It was a “warmer” day than it is now (probably around 3-5 Celsius at the time) but it’s still Montreal in winter and unless there was something really fun to do there I don’t see why he wouldn’t head to his warm home where he had food, drink and access to tv and possibly also his video games since it was still technically spring break. Was he locked out of his home? Was he told by the houseguests not to return until a certain time? The houseguests have children around the same age who he played well with. Wouldn’t he want to go home and play with them? Or ask them to come back to the park with him if he really wanted to play there?

An attraction that he may have detoured to was the “Maison des jeunes”. I wonder if it was open that day given that all the other schools were back in session. The youth centre was quick to put out a statement that he never frequented the place as it was only open to older teenagers.
https://m.facebook.com/maisondesjeunes.bordeauxcartierville

The authorities are saying possibly the shopping mall. I can understand maybe that as it would bring him out of the cold but was he actually carrying money to purchase any food for lunch or anything? And then did he walk back to the park ( past his own house) to be seen at the park at 2pm??

My mind is on overdrive with this one. While it appears pretty clear cut there are some things that don’t make sense.

I just answered my own question. The youth centre was closed on that Monday. It was only reopening on the Wednesday.

Presumably Ariel had no idea when he knocked on his friends door that his friend had gone to daycare for the entire day. For all he knew his friend was gone with his parents to run an errand and would be back soon or even hadn’t heard the knock since there was a sign posted outside saying that the doorbell was broken. Would Ariel have decided to wait a bit at the park and go back to the friends house a little later to see if he was back? Thus another trip to and from the friends house?

Why wouldn’t he go home if he realized that he couldn’t see his friend? I can understand him maybe detouring through the park on the way home but it’s the sighting at 2 pm that I can’t understand. He lives just minutes away but he wasted at least two+ hours at this park. It was a “warmer” day than it is now (probably around 3-5 Celsius at the time) but it’s still Montreal in winter and unless there was something really fun to do there I don’t see why he wouldn’t head to his warm home where he had food, drink and access to tv and possibly also his video games since it was still technically spring break. Was he locked out of his home? Was he told by the houseguests not to return until a certain time? The houseguests have children around the same age who he played well with. Wouldn’t he want to go home and play with them? Or ask them to come back to the park with him if he really wanted to play there?

An attraction that he may have detoured to was the “Maison des jeunes”. I wonder if it was open that day given that all the other schools were back in session. The youth centre was quick to put out a statement that he never frequented the place as it was only open to older teenagers.
https://m.facebook.com/maisondesjeunes.bordeauxcartierville

The authorities are saying possibly the shopping mall. I can understand maybe that as it would bring him out of the cold but was he actually carrying money to purchase any food for lunch or anything? And then did he walk back to the park ( past his own house) to be seen at the park at 2pm??

My mind is on overdrive with this one. While it appears pretty clear cut there are some things that don’t make sense.

Didn't even think of that, he might have waited around near the park to see them walking back (friends family doesn't seem to have a car). He didn't know where they even were right? Ariel didn't know they were at the school, maybe he thought they went out to run some errands and would be back soon.

I just answered my own question. The youth centre was closed on that Monday. It was only reopening on the Wednesday.
Wondering if the teens who normally hang out there were in the area? imo.

rsbbm

Maybe he tried the back door, and then went through the back alley towards Letellier St, thus no footage?
(What if he did try to go home?)

This is all a speculation, but I think it's worth considering the possibility that Ariel may have tried to go to the friend's school. I know he wouldn't have known where the friend is when he couldn't find him at home, but could it be possible that he may have had prior knowledge (perhaps from previous visits with friend) that the friend sometimes attends daycare at the school. The school is within walking distance to the friend's house. I am just trying to put myself in a 10-year-old's shoes who really wants to play with his friend.

Just a possibility/hypothesis worth considering for Montreal LE.

So if this house is right before his friends house, then if someone was following him, they would have caught up to him, once he got to his friends. He could have expected safety there, but instead, got no answer. But this shouldn't be too hard.... either a person or a car would pass this camera very shortly after him! There is more info to release.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most people with home surveillance cameras set them to motion sensors within a certain range to save on memory space. The homeowner is most concerned with making sure that their own property is covered but some on motion sensors don't have the range to reach past about 30ft. Looks like this camera was set to cover the front of the home and was able to detect to the sidewalk. If it was set on motion sensor, it probably did not activate for cars driving by in the street or it would have been activating all day. It also would not activate if someone was walking on the other side of the street.

MOO

I found some pics on his father's facebook where they were having a birthday party in what seems to be a park near a river, not sure if it's the same park but they were on a picnic table near water.

It's unfortunate that the father has said both that his son would not go near the water, and that he would go near the water.

I'm curious - if he is found near the water and there are no signs of foul play, I do wonder if the woman who provided the tip about the child being at the park next to the river will receive the "reward" money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990