CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(respectfully snipped, bolded and underlined by me)
reposting old news article:
Since the search began last week, Montreal police spokespeople have delicately chosen their words in terms of what they think happened to Ariel. They have maintained they have followed both the possibility that he somehow fell into the river or that he was abducted. In an interview with the Montreal Gazette on Wednesday, Inspector Ian Lafrenière, stated clearly that investigators “are convinced” the boy fell into the river and drowned.

“We have a very credible witness who saw him in (Bateliers Park), near the river, at 11:25 (a.m. on March 12) near the waterfront (of Rivière des Prairies). She is extremely credible. We have camera footage that places him in the park. We don’t see him (on any security cameras) getting out of the park,” Lafrèniere said while adding that the woman who saw and spoke to Ariel before he went missing asked him several questions about why he was alone in a park on what she assumed was a school day. It turns out the boy’s school was closed that day for administrative reasons. Lafrenière said investigators were impressed that the woman went out of her way to ask Ariel a series of questions before continuing on her way.

Lafrenière said investigators are still not certain precisely when Ariel left his family’s home in Ahuntsic-Cartierville before he headed off to a friend’s house as planned (Ariel’s family recently stated they believe it was sometime around 11 a.m.). Lafrenière also said investigators are certain no one was home when Ariel arrived at his friend’s house and that he then headed to the park where he was spotted by the woman.

“For us it’s now more on the investigation side,” Lafrenière said, while adding plans will be made to co-ordinate sporadic efforts to locate the boy with the Laval police (based across the river) and the Canadian Coast Guard. “For us, the lead (being followed) is that this was an accident.”

During the interview, Lafrenière listed the details in a matter-of-fact fashion, but was very delicate in his delivery of them. He said that as a father of young children, he has difficulty imagining what Ariel’s parents — Kouadio ​​Frédéric Kouakou and Akouena Noëlla Bibie — are going through. The parents have maintained they are convinced their boy was abducted. Lafrenière said considerable resources have been used to explore that possibility, but that investigators have uncovered no evidence so far to suggest Ariel was kidnapped.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...-search-for-10-year-old-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou

I don't understand Hazel, why would they hide footage because of a train track?

I don't understand Hazel, why would they hide footage because of a train track?
I was trying to be a bit cryptic, in case any member of Ariel's family is reading here, I didn't want to be insensitive. :(
I'll try to be more clear, without being too specific:
When checking the area with the help of both Google maps and Google street view, we can see there's a path for pedestrians that runs alongside the train tracks (see links and images in post above).

That path is easily accessible from the park area that is in close proximity to the green bin.
Path leads towards Ile Perry and beyond.*

What direction did Ariel go after standing close to the green bin?
Did he continue the path going westbound (yellow dots) all the way towards the area with the 4 benches?
Did he take one of the exists (light blue or orange dots)?
Did he go eastbound and took the path alongside the train tracks (purple dots)?

The Red dots indicate where there are CCTV cameras.
There could be more cameras, but those are the 7 that we know of so far.
We are not aware if there is footage from the house on Rue de Saint Real nor from the Florist (corner of Gouin/Valmont).

The green square is an approximate location of the green bin.

The light green dots indicate the path that Ariel took, according to the footage we've seen, and the last video by his father.

attachment.php

This image might help:
Google street view from bridge * (from opposite side, looking towards parc des Batelliers: https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5481...k-no-pi0-ya2.2257943-ro-0-fo100!7i7168!8i3584

Attachments

• IlePerry.png
    IlePerry.png
    953.6 KB · Views: 208
I was trying to be a bit cryptic, in case any member of Ariel's family is reading here, I didn't want to be insensitive. :(
I'll try to be more clear, without being too specific:
When checking the area with the help of both Google maps and Google street view, we can see there's a path for pedestrians that runs alongside the train tracks (see links and images in post above).

That path is easily accessible from the park area that is in close proximity to the green bin.
Path leads towards Ile Perry and beyond.*

What direction did Ariel go after standing close to the green bin?
Did he continue the path going westbound (yellow dots) all the way towards the area with the 4 benches?
Did he take one of the exists (light blue or orange dots)?
Did he go eastbound and took the path alongside the train tracks (purple dots)?

The Red dots indicate where there are CCTV cameras.
There could be more cameras, but those are the 7 that we know of so far.
We are not aware if there is footage from the house on Rue de Saint Real nor from the Florist (corner of Gouin/Valmont).

The green square is an approximate location of the green bin.

The light green dots indicate the path that Ariel took, according to the footage we've seen, and the last video by his father.

attachment.php

This image might help:
Google street view from bridge * (from opposite side, looking towards parc des Batelliers: https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5481...k-no-pi0-ya2.2257943-ro-0-fo100!7i7168!8i3584

If he took the path by the train tracks the cctv from the Bordelais Restaurant would have captured this. The lady with the dog was seen exiting the park by this cctv camera heading eastbound. This means Ariel walked westbound but no camera avail to capture this. Here is what we know: facts:

https://m.facebook.com/#!/groups/560289121013056?view=permalink&id=572684949773473

If he took the path by the train tracks the cctv from the Bordelais Restaurant would have captured this. The lady with the dog was seen exiting the park by this cctv camera heading eastbound. This means Ariel walked westbound but no camera avail to capture this. Here is what we know: facts:

https://m.facebook.com/#!/groups/560289121013056?view=permalink&id=572684949773473
Not necessarily Ritka, if you check the images of the path that I posted above, you can see there seems to be access to that pedestrian path from farther behind the corner. The fence doesn't seem to start at the very corner.
I'll have to go back and look for the post with the image of the CCTV from the Bordelais Restaurant to check out the field of view of that footage.

It would be very helpful to know what the last footage of Ariel shows him doing after talking to that lady.
Did he stay there at that spot for some time?
Did he turn around and walked on the park's path in the opposite direction of the lady?
Did he go further in into the forrested area, not following any path?

Thank you much for letting us know that the lady with the dog was captured by the Restaurant's CCTV leaving the park eastbound.

In this following video (click here) we see the train passing. Have they checked the train schedule?
If the train went by around the time Ariel was in the park, could the train have blocked him from view, from the Restaurant's CCTV? Again, I need to first look for the Restaurant's CCTV image to check the field of view.

Note: There was not much snow the day Ariel went missing. The big snowfall happened the next morning.

Another VIDEO: https://globalnews.ca/video/4118361/montreal-police-end-underwater-search-for-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou

What concerns me at the moment, is:

- Ariel was punished because of his Math grades. It was first reported that his video games were taken away. Later they said that his video gaming was limited to the weekends.

- The lady with the dog said Ariel was sad when she talked to him. He was sad because his friend was not home.

- This from video starting at the 01:30 mark:
... and I just spoke with the father of the boy a few minutes ago, he said that he is not suspicious of these family friends at all. He did tell me that the young boy, who is now missing had been doing badly in school, had been doing badly in Math class. His father had told him "if you don't improve your grades, you're not going to
be able to go to a soccer tournament"
a soccer tournament he had been training for.

video: https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/1185733187859/

- Ariel was punished because of his Math grades. It was first reported that his video games were taken away. Later they said that his video gaming was limited to the weekends.

- The lady with the dog said Ariel was sad when she talked to him. He was sad because his friend was not home.

... and I just spoke with the father of the boy a few minutes ago, he said that he is not suspicious of these family friends at all. He did tell me that the young boy, who is now missing had been doing badly in school, had been doing badly in Math class. His father had told him "if you don't improve your grades, you're not going to

I'm not following, can you explain?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Sounds like good parenting to me.

Not necessarily Ritka, if you check the images of the path that I posted above, you can see there seems to be access to that pedestrian path from farther behind the corner. The fence doesn't seem to start at the very corner.
I'll have to go back and look for the post with the image of the CCTV from the Bordelais Restaurant to check out the field of view of that footage.

It would be very helpful to know what the last footage of Ariel shows him doing after talking to that lady.
Did he turn around and walked on the park's path in the opposite direction of the lady?

Thank you much for letting us know that the lady with the dog was captured by the Restaurant's CCTV leaving the park eastbound.

In this following video (click here) we see the train passing. Have they checked the train schedule?
If the train went by around the time Ariel was in the park, could the train have blocked him from view, from the Restaurant's CCTV? Again, I need to first look for the Restaurant's CCTV image to check the field of view.

Note: There was not much snow the day Ariel went missing. The big snowfall happened the next morning.

Another VIDEO: https://globalnews.ca/video/4118361/montreal-police-end-underwater-search-for-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou

Hazel. Pls see my link in my previous comment which outlines all the correct facts as we know it from day 1. It’s in French so you may wish to use google translate.
This incident took place where I grew up and I have been following it closely and am in touch with those close to the family

Hazel. Pls see my link in my previous comment which outlines all the correct facts as we know it from day 1. It’s in French so you may wish to use google translate.
This incident took place where I grew up and I have been following it closely and am in touch with those close to the family
Ritika, would you be so kind and post those facts in here? Are those facts provided by LE and/or news articles?

Do you happen to know what the footage of Ariel talking to the lady with the dog at the park shows after the lady left?
Does it show which direction Ariel went? north, south, east or west?

Two important things I picked up from that link are that Ariel headed west and that the parents did meet with the lady.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Thank you juli99. I'm so glad to learn that the parents met with the lady, very nice of her.
In this day and age when most people are constantly on their iphones, texting, listening to music, etc., and not paying much attention to their surroundings, they were lucky she was there. She not only noticed Ariel, but went out of her way to talk to him, concerned he was not in school being a Monday. I imagine meeting with her must have been special, albeit emotional.
:tyou: lady with the dog

New map, showing:

Dark square: the green bin where he was last captured by CCTV, talking to the lady.

Red square: shows the 7 CCTV cameras we are aware of. We don't know if there are more CCTV cameras in the area, nor if all 7 are functional nor if all have been checked.

Light green dots: shows Ariel's route from his home to friend's home, then crossing Gouin Boulevard towards parc des Bateliers.

Yellow dots: shows path that Ariel might have taken, going west from green bin.

Note: Map has a Leyend Distance (50 meters) to help calculate the distance from the path to the riverbank.

Questions: Did Ariel went past the boardwalk? Did he make it to the boardwalk? Would the CCTV camera at that house be pointed towards the boardwalk or just around their property? I'm thinking if only their property, it would still have captured Ariel had he taken the Rue de Saint-Real exit. JMOO MOO

attachment.php

Attachments

• Map.png
    Map.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 233
Thinking along the lines of Brandon Crisp's disappearance.
We had a thread here on Websleuths for him, with all the details and links, but looks like the thread has been removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Ki2IrG0b0

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brandon_Crisp

I know a few young kids who appear addicted to video and computer games. They are devastated when they are cut off for even a short duration, which is pretty scary. When I first heard that Ariel was cut off his tech games during the week, I immediately thought of Brandon Crisp. (I think Brandon was 13). Upon reflection, I figured Ariel was likely too young to consider such drastic measures, and although gaming and soccer are his two favourite past times, I really don't know how intense his gaming was to him. It does make me wonder though if it was serious enough to contribute to his falling grades, or Math grade. I did notice that Ariel's father made a point to note that Ariel felt fine about being cut off. That actually surprised me, when compared to the reaction of most kids I know.

All I know is I remember the father saying that Ariel was not headed towards the water in the video.

"Yes, the video was presented to us. We saw the video and to be honest, in the video at no moment do we see my son fall in the water, at no moment was my son headed towards the water. The video showed my son at the park, with another person and a dog. No video shows my son fall in the water. Even slip, nothing. And like I said in my previous interviews, if you go to the park of the Bateliers between the waterfront and where my son was last seen there is a good 50 meters, that is all I will say."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6RahsVFb4&feature=youtu.be

Video of someone walking through the path from the green container.

She found a ball, a path with broken branches leading towards a house.

She also mentions that there was a witness that was at the park between 11:30 and 11:45 who has already testified to the cops. He is part of the Ariel facebook group. At this time https://youtu.be/Yf6RahsVFb4?t=241 is where the witness was walking to take pictures, between the path and the shore.

Apparently there was also a woman who was smoking at the picnic tables.

Not sure how to link the post from facebook but this is what she wrote :

Hi, I took this video in the park in summary of the route Ariel could have taken and with the timeline of a group member.
I failed to mention that the lady who smokes left to the projects around 11 h35- 11 H36. We believe we found her. The cops weren't interested in the park ball. I put the video on Youtube because I couldn't figure out how to post it right here.
cache.php
��
The witness then headed to the bridge by the trail of the shore, to trace the trail to the contenair where he arrived at 11 H41. He did not see Ariel.

I know a few young kids who appear addicted to video and computer games. They are devastated when they are cut off for even a short duration, which is pretty scary. When I first heard that Ariel was cut off his tech games during the week, I immediately thought of Brandon Crisp. (I think Brandon was 13). Upon reflection, I figured Ariel was likely too young to consider such drastic measures, and although gaming and soccer are his two favourite past times, I really don't know how intense his gaming was to him. It does make me wonder though if it was serious enough to contribute to his falling grades, or Math grade. I did notice that Ariel's father made a point to note that Ariel felt fine about being cut off. That actually surprised me, when compared to the reaction of most kids I know.

I did wonder though Ariel seemed fine about being cut off and not going to the football whether he brooded about it. Children of that age seem adept at hiding things. My grandson would have been very upset about the football and he is 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back