CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone, the profiler Safarik who advised "young and close" was addressing crimes against the elderly, so i'm not convinced that term would necessarily apply in the cases of SL and SV:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2215939-who-is-audrey-gleave/

IMO however, profiling is always evolving based on studying new cases as they crop up. I still feel JV could be a good candidate based on his family ties to Audrey and his geographic location in the areas of SL and SV.
Sillybilly, I'm really standing behind you on this thought. IMHO, the artist sketch is the missing piece of the puzzle. I don't know much about pedophilia, but I would imagine "power" has a big part to play.

AG reminds me of a brilliant woman I once knew. A retired physics prof-no children (but married to another retired prof & definitely wore the pants)-didn't tolerate fools and just like AG, some people deemed them to be hermits, but they were far from it. Not many people got an invite into their eclectic/well lived in home, but I did. I adored her genius. She passed from natural causes 8 years ago or so. My friend did have the ability to verbally castrate a babbling fool and wouldn't think twice about not sharing her space with them, regardless what the social cost was to her.

Certainly gives me something to think about and I wonder what LE did with the lead produced from this forum??. MOO

SB - oh I agree with you completely. JV is right up there on my list of possible suspects. In fact, he's looking pretty good for all three of these women.

NOTE: "Looking pretty good" = in a really bad way!

And also we are mere days away from SV's 'anniversary' of her murder.

Hellllloooooo LE, are you out there working for justice in these cases?

SB - oh I agree with you completely. JV is right up there on my list of possible suspects. In fact, he's looking pretty good for all three of these women.

NOTE: "Looking pretty good" = in a really bad way!

And also we are mere days away from SV's 'anniversary' of her murder.

Hellllloooooo LE, are you out there working for justice in these cases?

~ Can we confirm with the police who are involved in A's murder that they are aware of JV? I know we discussed this just a few days ago but I think it is important to speak with them about our thoughts. The nagging feeling about JV will stay with us all until we know that they, LE/Hamilton police/detectives are aware of the possibility of this man. Is there anyone out that way willing to make the call? Show them the sketch/and recent March charge of JV in Florida?

I only question his motive. The only quick answer I can come up with is youngish/and stupid/sick and perverted. But why Audrey?

I'd call but our landscaping people cut our telephone line and our home security system. Here's the info if anyone else wants to call in about JV:

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/CrimeFiles/

*****If you call, please let me know here. If not, as soon as Bell Canada arrives to restore our phone line.......I'll call.****

Thanks........

NOTE: Bell Canada may not arrive till later today. (Thank God I still have internet!)

:twocents:

I'd call but our landscaping people cut our telephone line and our home security system. Here's the info if anyone else wants to call in about JV:

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/CrimeFiles/

*****If you call, please let me know here. If not, as soon as Bell Canada arrives to restore our phone line.......I'll call.****

Thanks........

NOTE: Bell Canada may not arrive till later today. (Thank God I still have internet!)

Muchly appreciated No Stone. You rock.
Happy to hear your internet is intact! (nothing worse! lol)

Hey people - Bell Canada cannot get here until SATURDAY!! :stormingmad: Can anyone else call? If not, it'll have to wait until after our phone is fixed.

:scared: Why on earth do we pay $$$$$$$$$$$$ to Bell Canada?

Rant over........:blushing:

~ Can we confirm with the police who are involved in A's murder that they are aware of JV? I know we discussed this just a few days ago but I think it is important to speak with them about our thoughts. The nagging feeling about JV will stay with us all until we know that they, LE/Hamilton police/detectives are aware of the possibility of this man. Is there anyone out that way willing to make the call? Show them the sketch/and recent March charge of JV in Florida?

I only question his motive. The only quick answer I can come up with is youngish/and stupid/sick and perverted. But why Audrey?

I can confirm that the Hamilton Police Service is aware of JV as you are requesting. I called HPS back when discussion of JV first appeared in this thread... I spoke to a female detective who assured me that she would look into it. At the same time, I provided the information re: JV to Jon Wells at the Spec.

However, there is no way to know what, if anything, has been done with that information. I'd like to think we can trust that all tips are thoroughly investigated, but I don't see the harm in someone else reminding HPS of this info. Perhaps it's a matter of the right information landing in front of the right person at the right time?

I can confirm that the Hamilton Police Service is aware of JV as you are requesting. I called HPS back when discussion of JV first appeared in this thread... I spoke to a female detective who assured me that she would look into it. At the same time, I provided the information re: JV to Jon Wells at the Spec.

However, there is no way to know what, if anything, has been done with that information. I'd like to think we can trust that all tips are thoroughly investigated, but I don't see the harm in someone else reminding HPS of this info. Perhaps it's a matter of the right information landing in front of the right person at the right time?

-- good to know Greenthumb! Perhaps more than one person calling would be of importance/push them to seriously look into it. Jon Wells maybe able to help us too?

NOW, LET'S HAVE LE DO THIS FOR AUDREY TOO:

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/big-new-reward-in-orangeville-murder-investigation-1.1430097

CTV Barrie
Published Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:37AM EDT

Investigators hunting for Sonia Varaschin’s killer or killers are now appealing to the public with a $50,000 reward.

Varaschin, an Orangeville nurse, was 42 when she went missing three years ago. She was found dead in a rural part of Caledon less than a week after failing to show up for work Aug. 30, 2010.

Det. Insp. Tracy Dobbin with the OPP has been leading a search for anyone involved in Varaschin’s death.

Orangeville Police Chief Joseph Tomei arrives at the family home of Sonia Varaschin in Aurora, Ont., Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2010

OPP and Orangeville police display shoes similar to those wanted in connection to the murder of Sonia Varaschin during a press conference in Orangeville, Ont., Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010.
The OPP is now offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for her death.

Read more: http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/big-new-reward-in-orangeville-murder-investigation-1.1430097#ixzz2dHQkBi9d

NOW, LET'S HAVE LE DO THIS FOR AUDREY TOO:

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/big-new-reward-in-orangeville-murder-investigation-1.1430097

CTV Barrie
Published Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:37AM EDT

Investigators hunting for Sonia Varaschin’s killer or killers are now appealing to the public with a $50,000 reward.

Varaschin, an Orangeville nurse, was 42 when she went missing three years ago. She was found dead in a rural part of Caledon less than a week after failing to show up for work Aug. 30, 2010.

Det. Insp. Tracy Dobbin with the OPP has been leading a search for anyone involved in Varaschin’s death.

Orangeville Police Chief Joseph Tomei arrives at the family home of Sonia Varaschin in Aurora, Ont., Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2010

OPP and Orangeville police display shoes similar to those wanted in connection to the murder of Sonia Varaschin during a press conference in Orangeville, Ont., Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010.
The OPP is now offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for her death.

Read more: http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/big-new-reward-in-orangeville-murder-investigation-1.1430097#ixzz2dHQkBi9d

~ Well, we were thinking JV could possibly be the one for SV too! The sketch, the location...

http://www.timminstimes.com/2010/11/15/timmins-police-release-drawing-of-sexual-assault-suspect

Similar Sketch - Timmins Ontario

'The suspect has been described as a white male in his late 20's to mid 30's, shaved head, approximately 6' tall, muscular build, wearing a dark coloured baggy-hooded sweater and baggy dark pants.

Police are also looking to identify the driver of a Red Car that was travelling Westbound on Riverside Drive in the early morning hours of Saturday October 9th, 2010. Police believe this witness may have information to offer in regards to this investigation.'

Same story, different link:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4051877-opp-offer-50-000-reward-for-sonia-varaschin-murder-info/

OK, there are too many coincidences here:
- rural area
- white car
- female living alone
- professional woman in a helping career (like teaching)
- the 30th day of the month
- year 2010

And LE have DNA from SV.

Thanks No Stone. Gave me the chills when I saw these coincidences. The 30th of the month? White cars? Females living alone. Wow. Is there any DNA evidence for sure from AG or SL?

I also want to know if there is DNA from SL and AG crime scenes. Unless I've missed it, I don't recall that either one had DNA.

But there must be some DNA from AG's crime scene because wasn't DLS let go because DNA wasn't a match? Am I hallucinating all of this? :scared:

http://www.timminstimes.com/2010/11/15/timmins-police-release-drawing-of-sexual-assault-suspect

Similar Sketch - Timmins Ontario

'The suspect has been described as a white male in his late 20's to mid 30's, shaved head, approximately 6' tall, muscular build, wearing a dark coloured baggy-hooded sweater and baggy dark pants.

Police are also looking to identify the driver of a Red Car that was travelling Westbound on Riverside Drive in the early morning hours of Saturday October 9th, 2010. Police believe this witness may have information to offer in regards to this investigation.'

OK, I'm now officially having a freak-out.

:scared: :eek: :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member