CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the festive season:

- some serial killers "like" a certain date/time of the year

- here in Ontario, it's nearly night time/dark by about 4 - 5 pm so people wouldn't be noticed

- the weather is horrible and therefore there might be less chance of the killer having been seen by neighbours (few people out and about)

- LE are too busy on the roads looking for drunk drivers

- she was murdered by someone bringing/delivering a gift

- "friends" do stop by at the festive season and wouldn't be out of the ordinary for neighbours

- the neighbours themselves are busy at the festive season

- young kids come home to their families during the break at this time of the year (from University, college, schools away from home)

:twocents:

Well CK on the memorial site thanked Audrey for inviting her into her home. Could be sarcastic of course (because she didn't). Could be defensive (as in if you thought someone in your family's DNA or prints could be found in A.'s home or were worried about it). Could be just a fact. Weird though given the overall context. Librarian.

Interestingly other sections of family owns business a bit like Windmill where A met her gardener. - towards St. Catherines though did A drive out that way?

Photographer buddy from out that way.

Let's review the people (we know about) who were in Audrey's house:

- LV who said she was there only once and sat on the bench

- the convection oven man

- someone to install her TV

- the handyman

- is that all???????????????

Some PERHAPS people:

- the vet in case of emergency

- LF from across the street (they did e-mail each other)

- AK alone or with hubby

- one or more members of the coffee group

- the/some TV people who were filming near Audrey's house

- GM guys to pick up and return Camaro

Have a query:

At times it seems the motive is at least partially financial and that there are multiple conspirators.

Once a poster here opined it would be just too easy for LE to break into that and solve it - they would be able to play one against the other.

As a general question what do you think? Could there be a number of people involved say 3 to 7? Would there be enough of a reward for that to make sense? Could they keep that from LE?

Just to add financial motives as others have said could include:

1. bank accounts and the house so what we know about.
2. other accounts we don't know about or insurance
3. money or metals or valuables hidden in the house
4. cancellation of a debt
5. frustration/anger after loan not given or being left of will.

Have a query:

At times it seems the motive is at least partially financial and that there are multiple conspirators.

Once a poster here opined it would be just too easy for LE to break into that and solve it - they would be able to play one against the other.

As a general question what do you think? Could there be a number of people involved say 3 to 7? Would there be enough of a reward for that to make sense? Could they keep that from LE?

Just to add financial motives as others have said could include:

1. bank accounts and the house so what we know about.
2. other accounts we don't know about or insurance
3. money or metals or valuables hidden in the house
4. cancellation of a debt
5. frustration/anger after loan not given or being left of will.

3-7 all agree to do the murder or do they blackmail one another after the murder, what do you mean?

Well good question 7 murderers is a bit hard to believe. Could someone be blackmailed BEFORE (?).... as in to commit the murder. A higher number seems more possible if it includes young people.

The trouble with one POI here is that we have no evidence how they benefited from the crime unless there is something we don't know e.g. something hidden in the house they knew about - an arrangement with someone else who did financially benefit (so now we would have a conspiracy) - and yet there MIGHT be evidence of them being better off after A's death.

Now the last person who saw Audrey is the one who benefitted. But only them as far as we know.

But then there are the shenanigans (it seems) relating to the house and the house sale. So that seems to be part of it BUT brings in another set of people who don't appear to be involved in any way. On the surface of it. (Since the selling price is obviously low).

Now if someone knew there was going to be a development there in the future or thought they would try to make it happen - well then 100 acres is a lot of land. Does anyone know if that is plausible where Audrey was? Seems to me not.....that it was a bit too remote?

The notion of blackmail you have brought up is interesting.

Quoted from Chorly8's post above:

Well CK on the memorial site thanked Audrey for inviting her into her home. Could be sarcastic of course (because she didn't). Could be defensive (as in if you thought someone in your family's DNA or prints could be found in A.'s home or were worried about it). Could be just a fact. Weird though given the overall context. Librarian.

Interestingly other sections of family owns business a bit like Windmill where A met her gardener. - towards St. Catherines though did A drive out that way?

Photographer buddy from out that way.

Interesting! The part that hits me is why on earth would someone/anyone tend to be sarcastic on a memorial page? That's downright disrespectful! Unless, as you say, the person had other reasons for doing so.

We don't know when Audrey drove out to the place where she met the gardener. And, sadly, she didn't own the 2010 Camaro at that time in order for LE to look at OnStar to find her travels/routes.

Photog pal is still on my list of suspects.

--------------------------------

ETA: For those who don't know how OnStar works, here's a summary:

1. My daily routine is logged into OnStar to go from home to grocery store and to Shoppers Drug Mart, let's say. LE can see this from GM.

2. If for some reason I must drive way out of my usual routine, OnStar will talk to me telling me I'm way off track.This trip is logged into OnStar. I must tell OnStar that all is well and I must drive to X city even if someone is holding a gun to my head and forcing me to drive to X city. LE can also find this info from GM.

Still the 'Amazing Grace' vid sent to two people has me baffled.

Possibilities:

- a religious person (you would think so)

- why only those two people

- what statement was the song making about Audrey OR about the killer him/herself

Just having a moment of thought here...........

Still the 'Amazing Grace' vid sent to two people has me baffled.

Possibilities:

- a religious person (you would think so)

- why only those two people

- what statement was the song making about Audrey OR about the killer him/herself

Just having a moment of thought here...........

I find one special recipient of the mail more strange than the other .....

IF the mails were sent by AG and only for being lovely and full of atmosphere, then I would wonder: why not same mails to other recipients??

The CAR!

Please forgive me for being all over the place here but now I'm wondering what happened to the Camaro.

1. Do LE keep a car for evidence for a certain length of time?

2. Did LE sell the car?

3. Are they still keeping the car because it contains DNA, evidence, things only the killer would know?

4. Now IF the killer got into the car, the killer had to have the computer coded key. If so, did Audrey give the killer the key?

Too many mysteries here.........:twocents:

I find one special recipient of the mail more strange than the other .....

IF the mails were sent by AG and only for being lovely and full of atmosphere, then I would wonder: why not same mails to other recipients??

If the email to LF was not sent by Audrey, then whoever sent it would had to have either

- known the email existed on her computer and selected it for some reason, or

- gone through AG's computer/emails to stumble across it on her computer and select it randomly/spontaneously

Audrey apparently sent the email to her handyman that morning, so he obviously knew about its existence. Because it was not sent to anyone else that morning, nobody else would have known it existed on her computer. Was the email to the handyman the ONLY email that was sent that day prior to the one to LF, or were there some other emails throughout the day?

ETA: PK and LV were the two people known to have more contact with Audrey on a regular basis than her more casual acquaintances. FWIW, I still consider that the email may have been intended for LV and was sent to LF accidentally when the person started typing the "L" in the "TO" field and the program entered LF's email addy. We have never heard whether or not LV even has email, but she was in business for years, so I would think so. If both Ls were in Audrey's address book, could just have been sent to LF unintentionally. That could be an indication that the sender was in a rush and didn't double-check the addressee.

Just want to clarify that in the ETA of my post immediately above this ... I do NOT think Audrey was the person who sent the email to LF accidentally.

I also don't think Audrey sent the e-mail to LF. And I'm not even sure she sent it to PK either. I still think the killer sent the e-mails.

The CAR!

Please forgive me for being all over the place here but now I'm wondering what happened to the Camaro.

1. Do LE keep a car for evidence for a certain length of time?

2. Did LE sell the car?

3. Are they still keeping the car because it contains DNA, evidence, things only the killer would know?

4. Now IF the killer got into the car, the killer had to have the computer coded key. If so, did Audrey give the killer the key?

Too many mysteries here.........:twocents:

Sorry, I only have some more questions and no answer (as usual).

Is it possible, Audrey had been forced by using a weapon to give the coded key to whomever?
IF she had given the coded key, to what purpose? Stealing - obviously not. But why else?

I have been thinking:

An older lady (73), possibly wealthy (ex-job), living allone (for ten of years), on this vast land, so secluded, in this comfortable house, with such a striking car (type, value, color, sound) - actually irresponsible.
Whether someone had a greedy look on her car or not, she probably gave a good target for all kinds of crime somehow.

Just that you know it, still in my visor (but not on first place) I have two older men, an engineer and a Mohawk buddy.

Sorry, I only have some more questions and no answer (as usual).

Is it possible, Audrey had been forced by using a weapon to give the coded key to whomever?
IF she had given the coded key, to what purpose? Stealing - obviously not. But why else?

Yes, the only way this car could have been stolen would be to force Audrey to hand over the coded key. But then why was the car still there?

I did some research on Camaros and Corvettes and I learned this:

- they are usually stolen for the parts

- there is a high demand for the parts in China so once the cars are stolen the parts are shipped immediately to a foreign country

- in other words, these cars are not stolen to drive here in North America - the thief would be found rather quickly.

Oh and I also learned that all high end GM cars made after 1978 have an engine lock key which prevents the engines from being stolen.

I have been thinking:

An older lady (73), possibly wealthy (ex-job), living allone (for ten of years), on this vast land, so secluded, in this comfortable house, with such a striking car (type, value, color, sound) - actually irresponsible.
Whether someone had a greedy look on her car or not, she probably gave a good target for all kinds of crime somehow.

I also have been thinking about this. But surely we live in a society where a woman should be able to enjoy her money and her fast cars and still remain safe. Perhaps that's one of the reasons we are so upset by this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member