Canada - Austyn Godfrey, 25, suspicious death, 16 Jan 2022, found in dog park in Kelowna BC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Snoopster

Reaction score
This incident happened earlier this year, but no thread had been set up yet and it remains undetermined as to what happened to Austyn.

Lower Mainland District RCMP - Deceased woman identified – Kelowna RCMP ask for public’s assistance
Kelowna

2022-01-18 16:41 PST

File # 2022-2922

The Kelowna RCMP Serious Crime Unit has identified a woman whose body was located at the dog park in the 2100-block of Glenmore Road on January 16th, 2022.

The woman has been identified as 25-year-old Austyn Godfrey of Ontario. Her Next of Kin has been notified and our thoughts are with Austyn’s family at this difficult time.

The Serious Crime Unit is working closely with the BC Coroners Service and an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.

Investigators are asking the public for assistance. Anyone who may have had any contact with Austyn Godfrey in the days and hours leading up to 8:30 a.m. on Sunday January 16th, 2022, is asked to call our tipline.

Investigators want to hear from any motorists with dash cameras who drove Glenmore Road North, in the vicinity of the dog park, between 9:00 p.m. on January 15th and 8:30 a.m. on January 16th, 2022.

The Serious Crime tipline has been activated and the number to call to speak to an investigator is 250-470-6236. To remain completely anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or leave a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net

Kingston, Ont. woman identified as suspicious death victim in Kelowna, B.C. | Globalnews.ca

The RCMP’s serious crime unit is investigating, focusing on Godfrey’s whereabouts leading up to the discovery of her body on Sunday morning.
Godfrey’s family say she was very active on social media and confirmed that she had posted she was afraid someone might hurt her.
They say she went as far as to say, “if I haven’t snapped in a week, please call Kelowna Police.”
There is also a video at the above link that includes comments from her cousin and shows investigators at the dog park.

Woman found dead in Kelowna warned that she may be murdered days before – Kelowna Capital News

The woman who was found dead at the Glenmore dog park on Jan. 16, posted a call for help shortly before her body was discovered, according to a friend.

“She literally posted ‘if I wind up dead it is ‘cause of this guy’ ” said Matt Kennedy, a friend from Austyn Godfrey’s hometown of Kingston, Ontario.

Kennedy said that she had posted the story on her Instagram page.

No updates or arrests 3 months after suspicious Kelowna death – Penticton Western News
Three months after the suspicious death of Austyn Godfrey, no arrests have been made.

Cpl. Tammy Lobb of the Kelowna RCMP told Capital News that there is no update on the Godfrey investigation.

“Her death is still being investigated as suspicious,” said Lobb.

Godfrey’s death has not been deemed a murder.

The body of Godfrey, a 25-year-old from Ontario, was discovered at Kelowna’s Glenmore dog park around 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 16.

Ashley Henry, one of Godfrey’s friends, told Capital News that they were together having a movie night six hours before Godfrey was found dead. The two young women were hanging out until approximately 2 a.m. when Godfrey left.

https://332y2620ed2r2nv2m5pbphm1-wp...4608_web1_220120-KCN--austyn--_1-1024x683.jpg

Friends and family are desperate to know what happened to Austyn.

ETA: typo

Last edited:
Glenmore Dog Exercise Park, where Austyn's body was found. It's very rural.
Google Maps

It looks like there's a landfill across the road, but out of sight over a berm. The road looks like a major, regional road but I'm guessing it's not very busy late at night. Maybe a local could let us know.

It’s so hush hush. No mention of what she was last seen wearing. No mention of where she was going when she left her friends house. No release of any cause or death. The RCMP are still only calling it an active investigation. I have not found any real discussions amongst her peers.

Following the discovery of Austyn's body, several friends shared a screenshot of a social media post Austyn had made shortly before her death. The screenshot included a photo of a man, an image of his car, a phone number and a Snapchat user name.

In the post, she said if she doesn't post to Snapchat in a week, her friends should call the Kelowna RCMP because the man “has probably done something to me.”

With the info they have about the above individual, I suspect they're working diligently behind the scenes to check him out, locate him, and avoid spooking him with too much publicity. With Austyn having left that message behind as a major clue, I'm pretty sure RCMP will resolve this in time.

Thank you Sillybilly for checking into Austyn's thread.
I agree that LE is likely 'on it' but it's been quite a time since her death.
Yes law enforcement are still investigating my daughter’s death but are being very tight lipped on everything even to me which is so frustrating when it’s all I think about and so many different scenarios run though my head on what could of happened to my baby girl and I wasn’t there to save her, their not calling it a murder or homicide to the public but that’s what it is. My daughter didn’t do this to herself and she sure as hell didn’t get out to that dog park alone and she was found with no ID or her cellular phone which my daughter never went anywhere without. And as for her so called friends in kelowna I don’t believe a word they say and things just don’t add up and I believe one of them or more know the truth.

MODE NOTE:

To ensure that factual information is discussed on WS, links to MSM reports or LE statements are required for statements made as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider that is a family member or friend to the victim or missing person.

The Verified Insider process is completely confidential and details can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

To adhere to the standards WS has in place and best support families any posts stated as fact when someone is not a VI will be removed. Upon completion of the VI process, these posts may be reinstated.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to use the report feature on this post or PM a Mod/Admin if you have any questions on the VI process.

- Mad

Glenmore Dog Exercise Park, where Austyn's body was found. It's very rural.
Google Maps

It looks like there's a landfill across the road, but out of sight over a berm. The road looks like a major, regional road but I'm guessing it's not very busy late at night. Maybe a local could let us know.
Hi, Kelowna local here.

You're right in saying it is a major road, with few cars passing through at night. Every time I've been on that road, that park has not been very busy or had maybe 1-3 cars parked. In January it also would have been pretty dang cold at night so I don't imagine anyone would want to be out there.

Unfortunately, Kelowna is a hotspot for drugs, and in one article she is quoted to have been "into drug use", though it is not specified what she was using. There is a very good chance that is related to her death as well. JMO though, and it was in this article

Sadly one of Austyns friends are also missing

She has been found deceased as of Wednesday evening :( No more info yet

Mich77, my goodness Austyn is your daugher? I'm soooo sorry for your loss. I can only imagine.

So many missing people yes but specifically women in BC. talk about a pandemic.

May justice be served.

Thanks for joining WS you might want to become a VI for your daughters thread here.

The man in the picture is MMK <full name redacted> and he was Austyn’s ex boyfriend that she was trying to get away from. As far as I know he has been arrested on other charges at the moment and is in custody unless he got bail. But as far as Austyn’s case goes it’s still under investigation and the police are not telling me anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
The man in the picture is MMK <full name redacted> and he was Austyn’s ex boyfriend that she was trying to get away from. As far as I know he has been arrested on other charges at the moment and is in custody unless he got bail. But as far as Austyn’s case goes it’s still under investigation and the police are not telling me anything.
I am so, so, so sorry.
I pray you find out what happened to your sweet Austyn.

This is the first time I'm reading about this. Given the "high risk" lifestyle that is mentioned, and possible drug use, I'm curious whether toxicology results have been released.

We know that bad (deadly) drugs are circulating. My son had a friend, age 27, who recently moved to BC. Within a few weeks he was deceased. Bad drugs.

Mapping sometimes helps understand what happened. She was found at North Glenmore Park. Her friend said that she was safely visiting on the couch at her house until 2 AM. Another article disputes whether this is the last sighting of her, or whether that timeline is accurate?

When is the last known sighting of her, and where?

If she was safely at a friend's house until 2 AM, why didn't she sleep over? How far away was her house from her friend's house?

Did she have a car? If so, was that vehicle parked at the dog park? What is missing - cell phone? Purse? Were all her possessions with her? Was she dressed for the weather?

1672020899803.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics
Back