Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An investigation is distinct from an inquest.

Also, since it is a matter of provincial law it is best to consult sites specific to the jurisdiction.

I did state it differed in each province in another post. I tried to delete the above quote but was unable to when I realized my mistake re investigation and inquest.

An inquest is a public hearing with a jury of five people.

I wpuld like to see the source as to when to when they are mandated “in Canada” as they fall under provincial legislation and authority.

An investigation and an inquest are different things.

My first question was, does Canada have Coroner's inquests? It was a question which was answered. Nowhere did I say, that I was talking about Canada, in fact, in my second post, I stated that I was Australian. I have no knowledge of Canadian inquests, not did I say that I did. I had a question and it was answered.

From this Toronto Star article it say's the Sherman's were awarded $2M in their lawsuit against the builders of their home. So this means this stately home only cost them over $300,000? Other lawsuits against contractors weren't successful in getting $. They may have had to get other contractors to fix the problems as the home was being sold for over $6M and looks very grand inside JMO
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...sherman-sued-builders-of-north-york-home.html

Relatives seek their own investigation into deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman

As they prepare for a high-profile memorial service on Thursday, relatives of Barry and Honey Sherman want to pursue an investigation independent of the continuing police probe into the Toronto couple's mysterious deaths.

And one of the country's most prominent defence lawyers, Brian Greenspan, is lending his informal assistance to the family.

Nearly a week after the bodies of the billionaire and his wife were discovered in their North York house, the scene is still being worked on by investigators. Sources have told The Globe and Mail the family is seeking their own answers after previously urging police to conduct a thorough, intensive and objective criminal investigation.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...s-of-barry-and-honey-sherman/article37400589/
I had a feeling this was coming. :thinking:

From this Toronto Star article it say's the Sherman's were awarded $2M in their lawsuit against the builders of their home. So this means this stately home only cost them over $300,000? Other lawsuits against contractors weren't successful in getting $. They may have had to get other contractors to fix the problems as the home was being sold for over $6M and looks very grand inside JMO
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...sherman-sued-builders-of-north-york-home.html

That is how rich people get and stay rich.

Relatives seek their own investigation into deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman

As they prepare for a high-profile memorial service on Thursday, relatives of Barry and Honey Sherman want to pursue an investigation independent of the continuing police probe into the Toronto couple's mysterious deaths.

And one of the country's most prominent defence lawyers, Brian Greenspan, is lending his informal assistance to the family.

Nearly a week after the bodies of the billionaire and his wife were discovered in their North York house, the scene is still being worked on by investigators. Sources have told The Globe and Mail the family is seeking their own answers after previously urging police to conduct a thorough, intensive and objective criminal investigation.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...s-of-barry-and-honey-sherman/article37400589/

It has been expected that a private investigation hired by the children would already be underway.

The fact that this has been confirmed will be comforting to family members as well as friends of the Shermans.

Brian Greenspan is as dependable as he is well-respected as a prominent lawyer in Canada.
A good person to have for support.

Who, Greenspan? He's just advising the family. He hasn't been formally retained. I don't think it would necessarily be a conflict of interest.

Do you mean that he is telling them what questions to ask and what they can legally do?

The guy was a certified genius. Je would know a double suicide is so rare that it would raise suspicion. It doesn’t make sense for him to move her body to stage this.

Still thinking this is murder/suicide. I think he wanted it to look like they had both killed themselves. It's all very bizarre but I think this is most likely.

But this is not in their nature, and they had everything to live for with 4 children and 4 grandchildren, one new grandchild, helping with arrangements for their daughter’s upcoming wedding, a trip, a new home, their philanthropy work, Honey’s volunteering.

I can’t imagine any of this was Barry’s or Honey’s doing. There is no way they would have done this to their kids and grandchildren. What if one of their children/grandchildren had found them? I am sure they would never had dreamed of deliberately causing their loved ones this kind of pain and agony.

We simply do not know enough to draw any conclusions.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, those are the damages. So it means it the deficient work out the Shermans out of pocket about $2 million and they were entitled to reimbursement. In a situation like that the homeowner is always better off, financially and mentally, to get it done right the first time. A lawsuit very rarely puts you ahead of the game; it is to make you whole.

The guy was a certified genius. Je would know a double suicide is so rare that it would raise suspicion. It doesn’t make sense for him to move her body to stage this.

If he killed her in a rage or by accident his genius doesn’t mean much. Logic goes out the window - “Blood Simple”.

I wonder how much the surrogate mother/ mothers got paid to have his babies.

Maybe not a double suicide but a murder suicide perhaps?

https://web.archive.org/web/2017121...D-Toronto-Ontario-M2L2K1-St-Andrew-Windfields

http://media.houssmax.ca/201711/29/5a1f32afd3797.pdf

After looking at all the pictures of the house and the floor plan I believe the indoor pool room was a dead end room. It appears to have only the one entrance which is the wall that almost looks like a mirrored wall. So as you come around that corner to the last room of the entire house what would you see across the pool room at the hand rail looking back at you?

Pure macabre shock factor in staging their bodies there I think.

You could be right. But who would be seeking to shock someone(s) like that ?

I wonder if the family is getting information through back channels and they don’t like the direction of the current investigation.

Otto, Hard to figure out the belts being used ? If the belt was wrapped around someone's neck, how would whatever belt length was left fit around the railing, and be tied to keep it from slipping off ? Would there be enough belt length ? A necktie might have worked better ?

Strangled with the belt, and then left hanging by the neck with the belt loop around the railing and the neck - as in - tied to the railing by the neck with a belt. Clearly there was some staging involved, regardless of murder/suicide, or double murder.

{DK about a statement. Mob killings where I grew up were often messy, bloody affairs, sometimes right out in the open...this just doesn't have that vibe for me ? Although I do think of a stone sociopath if it was a double homicide. jmo

Those types of mob killings are the ones they want you to know about. That is a message. This is a different message.JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass