Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timeline:
-December 12th, 2017, daytime, HS uncharacteristically misses a meeting at the Baycrest Centre Foundation, as she was ‘dealing with some stuff’.

-December 12th, 2017, evening, JS and his husband return home from Japan.

-December 13th, 2017 was the last day the Shermans were seen alive. This information is from KD’s book, and articles linked below.
-.-.-
I didn't know, it was the same day, this occurred. Remarkable somehow, IMO. Especially because JS wasn't HS' darling and much more greedy than others, it seems. Did HS forced JS to return asap and care for the debts, BS urgently wanted payed back to him? Maybe, these debts would have had become a big problem during the appointment with the architects of the new grand villa and HS' negotiations with her stingy husband the next day?

That date does seem significant.
I tried to fill out that day out a bit more.

-Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
  • Honey uncharacteristically misses a board meeting as she was ‘dealing with some stuff’
  • The meeting with the architects scheduled for noon that day is switched to Wednesday
  • This was the day of FDA’s annual lunch that Barry normally attended, but Barry previously canceled.
  • 2:39 p.m. Honey cancels the Hanukkah dinner set for that evening, texting Alex, “cld we have Hannukah on fri?”
  • Jonathon arrives home from his trip to Japan at approximately 7:00 pm (no indication of when his flight arrived).
  • This was the first night of Hannukah. Honey was observant of her faith.
Canada - Barry & Honey Sherman, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
Donovan can milk the cow for only so long before it dries up.
Unless you think that TPS is somehow going to retract their earlier conclusion that this was a double murder, I don't think that cow is going to stop producing milk until there is an arrest, a trial, and a conviction - if even then.

Unfortunately, I think lawyers and "journalists" will be going to the bank on this case (and all things BS) for a long, long time. But that's nothing new (jmo).

Last edited:

• Honey uncharacteristically misses a board meeting as she was ‘dealing with some stuff’
  • The meeting with the architects scheduled for noon that day is switched to Wednesday
  • This was the day of FDA’s annual lunch that Barry normally attended, but Barry previously canceled.
  • 2:39 p.m. Honey cancels the Hanukkah dinner set for that evening, texting Alex, “cld we have Hannukah on fri?”
  • Jonathon arrives home from his trip to Japan at approximately 7:00 pm (no indication of when his flight arrived).
Canada - Barry & Honey Sherman, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
I think Honey had her plate full with her house having just gone on the market, the new house being in the planning stages, and being set to fly to Miami on the 18th, the following Monday. Everything becomes a crunch before you leave town.

What comes to mind for me is, all the postponements on the 12th might have been because she and/or Barry wanted more time to make some decisions for the next meeting with the architects. We don't know how long she was going to be in Florida, but it would be likely the last meeting for a while.

We know the problems they'd had with building their current home, and she seems to have wanted innumerable special features in their new, more perfect home.
The house Honey and Barry Sherman would have built

*Could Honey and Barry having cleared their schedule for Wednesday night somehow, be connected to Jonathon's return from Japan?
*The TPS stated they were reviewing numerous electronic records, I wonder if they discovered communication between the Parents and Son about his return from Japan, and possibly a scheduled meeting?
*The undisclosed video street video from that Wednesday is key to exonorating a number of POI's
*If TPS found Jonathon's DNA in the Old Colony house, it would be meaningless, as you would expect it to be there.
MOO

*Could Honey and Barry having cleared their schedule for Wednesday night somehow, be connected to Jonathon's return from Japan?
*The TPS stated they were reviewing numerous electronic records, I wonder if they discovered communication between the Parents and Son about his return from Japan, and possibly a scheduled meeting?
*The undisclosed video street video from that Wednesday is key to exonorating a number of POI's
*If TPS found Jonathon's DNA in the Old Colony house, it would be meaningless, as you would expect it to be there.
MOO

IMO their schedule changes could be related to JS’s return from Japan, like you suggested.

There was also an Apotex staff Christmas party at a local restaurant that Wednesday evening, and no indication that Honey or Barry attended. Donovan only mentions Jeremy Desai attending, no other names (Jack Kay was in NY). (KD’s book, Page 271).

Desai left at 5:00 to go to the party, and the meeting with the architects ended around 6:00.

IMO their schedule changes could be related to JS’s return from Japan, like you suggested.

There was also an Apotex staff Christmas party at a local restaurant that Wednesday evening, and no indication that Honey or Barry attended. Donovan only mentions Jeremy Desai attending, no other names (Jack Kay was in NY). (KD’s book, Page 271).

Desai left at 5:00 to go to the party, and the meeting with the architects ended around 6:00.
"Where this company lacks, is the culture. There are no company events (not even a Christmas party)." -review from an employee in 2017.
It seems, perhaps it was unusual for BS, to attend a self-organized (?) Christmas staff party. HS, being a "persona non grata" at Apotex, hadn't to attend anyway.
Quite a few coincidences for one single week, IMO.

What I don't recall KD stating in his book is what time JD left the party (but it's a long time since I read the book).

What I don't recall KD stating in his book is what time JD left the party (but it's a long time since I read the book).

I couldn’t find that or any other details about the party. Only that JD wanted to give Barry an update on something before he left to the party, but he noticed Honey’s Lexus and decided to do it the next day. (Page 272 of KD’s book).

MOO

A friend here pointed out this to me, which also may back up WINDSOR’s point :

“Joe Brennan, one of the contractors who was building their home, was also at the meeting and told police he remembered Honey saying something that made him think she wanted Barry home earlier than usual that evening but he could not remember exactly what was said.”

It's been 3 years since Barry and Honey Sherman were found dead. Court documents reveal what we know so far

Last edited:
March 2 2021
The Billionaire Murders: 'Arrest Imminent' In Brutal Execution-Style Killings Of Canadians Barry & Honey Sherman
''Police investigating the brutal 2017 double murder of Canadian billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman have established a “person of interest” in the slayings — and an arrest could be imminent, a source close to law-enforcement has told Radar.

Canadian police have developed a theory and motive about what happened to the Shermans, who were hanged by their necks to disguise the December 15, 2017, killings as a murder-suicide.
That theory has been bolstered by a “pattern of behavior” that has continued for the last two years and is being closely examined and watched by law enforcement, a source said.''

“Police are now considering whether they can move on this 'person of interest' and elevate them [to] a formal 'suspect' that would allow them to move to arrest the individual on murder charges.”

''In a new sequence of events, Radar has learned Barry downsized the eight trustees on his will to four in the nine months before his death, removing his three daughters — but maintaining son Jonathon''.

March 2 2021
The Billionaire Murders: 'Arrest Imminent' In Brutal Execution-Style Killings Of Canadians Barry & Honey Sherman
''Police investigating the brutal 2017 double murder of Canadian billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman have established a “person of interest” in the slayings — and an arrest could be imminent, a source close to law-enforcement has told Radar.

Canadian police have developed a theory and motive about what happened to the Shermans, who were hanged by their necks to disguise the December 15, 2017, killings as a murder-suicide.
That theory has been bolstered by a “pattern of behavior” that has continued for the last two years and is being closely examined and watched by law enforcement, a source said.''

“Police are now considering whether they can move on this 'person of interest' and elevate them [to] a formal 'suspect' that would allow them to move to arrest the individual on murder charges.”

''In a new sequence of events, Radar has learned Barry downsized the eight trustees on his will to four in the nine months before his death, removing his three daughters — but maintaining son Jonathon''.
Keyword = "could be'?

Why would the insider leak the case to US based Radar Online, and not to his old pal Warmington?

Radar probably pays more.

“Online sites like TMZ and Radar are credited with giving the industry a turbo engine. Neither would divulge how much they pay, and they both have played down the frequency with which they do it. People who have worked with them said fees ranged from a few hundred dollars to several thousand — and much more for bigger scores.”
The Gossip Machine, Churning Out Cash (Published 2011)

"That theory has been bolstered by a “pattern of behavior” that has continued for the last two years and is being closely examined and watched by law enforcement, a source said"

This line really got my attention. To me it means, (and maybe I have this all wrong) that someone is behaving in a way inconsistent with what would be expected. I take this to imply someone is actively 'acting' innocent, doing things that tells the world 'it was not me'.
Much like when some men have extra-marital affairs, they are extra nice to their spouse's such as buying presents and so on.

So if the leak to Radar is accurate a big if, who has been over acting?

Radar probably pays more.

“Online sites like TMZ and Radar are credited with giving the industry a turbo engine. Neither would divulge how much they pay, and they both have played down the frequency with which they do it. People who have worked with them said fees ranged from a few hundred dollars to several thousand — and much more for bigger scores.”
The Gossip Machine, Churning Out Cash (Published 2011)
Maybe - but just imagine if the insider'd offered the scoop to the Star, they've already invested so much. KD might even mortgage his house, in anticipation of the book sales.

(tongue in cheek)
ETA, KD might well be the insider

"That theory has been bolstered by a “pattern of behavior” that has continued for the last two years and is being closely examined and watched by law enforcement, a source said"

This line really got my attention. To me it means, (and maybe I have this all wrong) that someone is behaving in a way inconsistent with what would be expected. I take this to imply someone is actively 'acting' innocent, doing things that tells the world 'it was not me'.
Much like when some men have extra-marital affairs, they are extra nice to their spouse's such as buying presents and so on.

I think Radar is just using Donovan’s work, and calling it ‘sources’.

From November 24, 2020. Detective Yim, in court with Donovan asking him questions:

“During cross-examination last week, Yim told court that four months into the investigation of the murders, homicide detectives noticed the “start of a pattern” in the mammoth quantity of information they amassed — believed to be witness interviews, banking documents, cellular phone records, video and audio files, GPS locational information and internet histories. The further they have gone in the case, Yim said “a pattern emerges.” What that pattern is, Yim would not say.”
Homicide detectives have a ‘person of interest’ in the Barry and Honey Sherman murder investigation

ETA: You could be right about the type of patterns. I was looking for them, re-reading material, but I haven’t seen many patterns. One may be with JS: his behaviour, asking BS for money, and BS ultimately stepping in and ending some ventures (Steelback, an ex-boyfriend’s property, possibly Deerhurst.)

Last edited:
Radar Online I think is generally sourcing Donovan. And they maybe sticking neck out on "imminent arrest"

Finally read PT 3 of Donovan's recent stuff.... JS ice rink stuff seems bizarre. Have Sherman charity foundation build high-end ice rink and fitness club, charge top dollar and JS will manage it for a fee.. How is that remotely charity? By any and all criteria?.. It 's so bizarre I question whether I read it correctly.. For-profit would be ok idea

I think the reference to a pattern come from the Star's last request for the court to release warrants:

"During cross-examination last week, Yim told court that four months into the investigation of the murders, homicide detectives noticed the “start of a pattern” in the mammoth quantity of information they amassed — believed to be witness interviews, banking documents, cellular phone records, video and audio files, GPS locational information and internet histories. The further they have gone in the case, Yim said “a pattern emerges.” What that pattern is, Yim would not say.
PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

Yim seems to me to be referring to a pattern of some kind that was observed by examining documents, which would cover the period before and up to the murders, rather than by examing people. For example, just off the top of my head, a pattern of secret meetings, or phone calls, or payments.

It seems to me Radar Online made a very different story, by how they reworded Yim's statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member