CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobbi Pearl said "I still hum and haw on the HS will, I think she had one but for her business affairs and that it was not public and thus well hidden knowledge from prying eyes of the media. She had properties in her name, she had to have something to say what to do in case she passed, she got through throat cancer, she would have questioned her mortality during that experience I expect. I do not think the service provider made up those statements, for what purpose? those comments were made long before people found out she did not have an estate will.

Remember Barry ruled the family regarding business and financial matters. If he told Honey she did need a will she would not have one. Barry's thinking would be if Honey dies first everything comes to me according to the law, plus she does not have much, why pay a lawyer. Again if a will existed, a lawyer would have likely acknowledged that fact by now.

I do not believe the service provider made up anything, but we do not know exactly what Honey said, and in what context. Often employers, for different reasons, tell or imply to their staff details that are not exactly accurate. Has your boss ever mislead you?

I agree a lawyer would have said something, or the executor or business partner if it was regarding properties owned by multiple investors, maybe they did and it is not public knowledge, we know that many types of will's exist, some are for public consumption some are not.

Yes also agree we do not know the context of the conversations, HS could have shared a will is a very important thing to have, even if she did not have a personal estate will knowing she was covered under BS's she could easily say the same.

In an earlier thread, the question of a ''safe house'' came up with regard to the NW possibly needing one to tuck away after the murders. With that in mind.... fwiw.
March 25 2022
Neighbours want city to clean up $7 million eyesore in Toronto's Bridle Path area | CBC News
''Residents in one of Canada's toniest neighbourhoods say they're fed up with a crumbling, abandoned house that last sold for more than $7 million but which has become a derelict eyesore.
They want the City of Toronto to either clean up the single storey, ravine lot property, fence it off or tear it down.
"We suspect there are people living in there, possibly animals, and we've been very concerned," Jaffar Husain, the head of the local Glenorchy Residents Association said.''

38 Salonica north york to old colony rd north york - Google Search

13 min (6.6 km) via Leslie St

Just thinking about what I recall was said about the NW, that the video we were shown is the last video they have of him. Anything further was either written over or he did not appear. This strikes me a little like the "presence or absence" of something on video. The "absence" of the NW on a video that was not written over is important because it shows what direction he did NOT go. Not sure the significance of this, other than LE knows more than they are willing to share.

Thinking of the Night Walker, disguises and ''very sophisticated'' hitmen.
Considering it is believed that the Shermans were watched for some time prior to their murders, would an assumed surveillance team, behave in ways similar to Putin's security team?
Also, as another poster previously commented, what did the NW do with his cumbersome outerwear at ''the job'', it is not easy to be physical when all bundled up, noting -Putin's men wear lightweight coats no matter how cold outside in order not to restrict movement.
fwiw, imo, speculation..

Former CIA Operative Explains How Spies Use Disguises | WIRED

The fight to keep the inheritance files of murdered billionaires Honey and Barry Sherman secret | SaltWire
rbbm.
''Another justice, Michael Moldaver, speculated the murders must have been “committed by a very sophisticated organization, at least it has those hallmarks,” and characterized is as “a very, very sophisticated crime.”

The special unit hand-picked to protect Vladimir Putin from assassination | National Post
Mar 05, 2022 rbbm.
''Bodyguards armed with kevlar umbrellas and bulletproof briefcases, body doubles at the ready and food tasters for every meal are just a few of those reportedly enlisted to protect the Russian leader from any attempts on his life.

Putin’s security team are hand-picked for their “operational psychology” and willingness to go on the offensive, according to Russia Beyond.''

''He’s protected by four squads in public. The first faction is visible and stays close to Putin, alert for any danger and willing to take a bullet for him. If they need to go on the offensive, each carries a 9mm Gurza pistol capable of shooting 40 bullets a minute.''

''A second set, dressed in plain clothes, blends in with the crowd. A third stands just outside the crowd, while the fourth are situated on rooftops with snipers at the ready.''

''IT personnel apparently place electronic jammers around his location to neutralize remote denotations and conduct electronic surveillance of cellphones in the vicinity.''

''The guards are replaced when they turn 35. In addition to being versed in politics (to understand who the president is meeting with), they must also understand foreign languages and be dressed in light overcoats even in frigid temperatures so as to move without restriction.''

ETA.
Meet the CIA’s disguise artists who helped Cold War spies disappear - YouTube

Last edited:
An unexpected find..
March 28 2022
Alex Krawczyk Heals Her Soul (And Yours) With Le Olam - Tinnitist

''Alex Krawczyk finds light in the darkness with her uplifting and inspiring debut album Le Olam — showcasing today on Tinnitist.
Sharing its title with the Hebrew word for Forever, Le Olam fittingly finds the Toronto singer-songwriter sharing her thoughts on a slate of eternal, universal topics like love, loss and grief. As she voices tenderly personal lyrics in soulful and sincere tones atop a rich, earthy backdrop of country, pop, soul, folk and blues, Krawczyk creates an oasis of soothing reassurance and hope amid the drama and darkness of contemporary life. And invites comparison to everyone from Bonnie Raitt and Susan Tedeschi to LeAnn Rimes and Adele in the process.

It’s all the more impressive when you learn that Krawczyk considers herself a person of few words. And that Le Olam was born of deeply devastating circumstances that are both intensely personal yet invasively public. Krawczyk began writing the songs for Le Olam as a way of healing from the traumatic loss of her parents Honey and Barry Sherman, the billionaire philanthropists mysteriously slain in their Toronto mansion in 2017. Penning songs like Remember, Better Days and standout track There Will Be Light proved not only cathartic for Krawczyk, but also provided hope for her circle of friends and supporters.''
rbbm.

An unexpected find..
March 28 2022

''Alex Krawczyk finds light in the darkness with her uplifting and inspiring debut album Le Olam — showcasing today on Tinnitist.
Sharing its title with the Hebrew word for Forever, Le Olam fittingly finds the Toronto singer-songwriter sharing her thoughts on a slate of eternal, universal topics like love, loss and grief. As she voices tenderly personal lyrics in soulful and sincere tones atop a rich, earthy backdrop of country, pop, soul, folk and blues, Krawczyk creates an oasis of soothing reassurance and hope amid the drama and darkness of contemporary life. And invites comparison to everyone from Bonnie Raitt and Susan Tedeschi to LeAnn Rimes and Adele in the process.

It’s all the more impressive when you learn that Krawczyk considers herself a person of few words. And that Le Olam was born of deeply devastating circumstances that are both intensely personal yet invasively public. Krawczyk began writing the songs for Le Olam as a way of healing from the traumatic loss of her parents Honey and Barry Sherman, the billionaire philanthropists mysteriously slain in their Toronto mansion in 2017. Penning songs like Remember, Better Days and standout track There Will Be Light proved not only cathartic for Krawczyk, but also provided hope for her circle of friends and supporters.''
rbbm.
Thank you for sharing, I cried. It is so beautiful and Alex has a really soothing voice.

An unexpected find..
March 28 2022

rbbm.

This is great! She’s so talented. The song she sang in Hebrew at the memorial was beautiful.

(Does anyone know the names of the two Hebrew songs in this clip from the memorial? At the 0:30 and 2:00 marks?)

Unrelated, noting these murders were staged as a murder/suicide, it was 16 months before the plot was revealed.
Circumstantial evidence indicated that the daughter/sister of the women was actually the killer, all that just to buy a house.....fwiw..
March 28 2022 rbbm.
Woman staged mother and sister's murder-suicide to cover theft: Jury | Toronto Sun
''A former Fairfax County, Va., woman was convicted of two counts first-degree murder Monday for killing her mother and sister and staging the scene to look like a murder-suicide as part of a scheme to steal more than $400,000 to pay for a new home''
''Fairfax County police initially declared that Helen had killed Pamela before turning the gun on herself, shortly after the July 2017 slayings. But during a sprawling 16-month investigation that followed, detectives pieced together clues that pointed to a stunning twist: Megan Hargan had actually killed both.
Fairfax County prosecutors unspooled the plot during the 13-day trial, building a case that relied on a range of circumstantial evidence. They contended she impersonated her mother to steal nearly $420,000 to cover the costs of closing on her home
, which was slated to occur at the time of the slayings.''

As the first day of April will be here soon, and it is a number months after their last press conference, is it not time the TPS had another press conference to update the status of the case? At least to say they did not get any info regarding their NW video.

As the first day of April will be here soon, and it is a number months after their last press conference, is it not time the TPS had another press conference to update the status of the case? At least to say they did not get any info regarding their NW video.

While I wish that would happen, I am doubtful. The case appears to the public as dead, aside from WS there is no public discussion of the case, and there is zero reporting of the case in the press. LE probably has nothing to say, and is just as happy to have the current public "disinterest". and silence. "Don't nudge the bear" or words to that effect.

While I wish that would happen, I am doubtful. The case appears to the public as dead, aside from WS there is no public discussion of the case, and there is zero reporting of the case in the press. LE probably has nothing to say, and is just as happy to have the current public "disinterest". and silence. "Don't nudge the bear" or words to that effect.

That is why it is so important that we keep the focus on this case.
I believe a number of media members and the TPS are aware of this site.
I also believe an important role for this site is to ensure this case is solved. We do a dis-service to the memories of Barry and Honey if this case just fades away.

I was told by a retired homicide detective. Honey was dead before the belt was wrapped around the pool railing and her neck.
Thank you KW, for that sheds light on other things too, #1. the belt is not the HS murder weapon, it was for staging the bodies and or scene only.

Curious, did this retired detective say if Barry was deceased before a belt was wrapped around his neck and the railing? with your belief that BS harmed HS and then himself with outside assistance to set the scene, I assume that answer is no, would it be accurate in that conversation you had with the retired detective to say that it appeared that BS was then alive when he was attached to the railing with the belt?

Or simply if he shared when HS passed, did this retired detective say when BS died?

I was told by a retired homicide detective. Honey was dead before the belt was wrapped around the pool railing and her neck.

How could LE possibly know this? Forensically they can only narrow down a time period for the time of death. I imagine the autopsy can help determine whether HS person died from strangulation from the belt or something else, depending on the location of marks on the skin and maybe internal damage to the throat, etc. But it seems impossible to me that it could be determined that she was strangled with a ligature before being suspended by the belt; or strangled by the same ligature after having the belt wrapped around her neck.

KW may have been told this, but I don't believe this retired police officer's tale. Anyone else find it questionable?

What we know is the killer wasn’t successful at staging, regardless of how he thought the murder scene would appear. There’s no getting inside the mind of a killer, the thinking is never rational.

What if part of the staging was to make it look like an amateur killed them, and not a professional, or professional hit team ? That might also explain Barry's dropped papers and gloves, as well as Honey's cell phone that were left on the floor. It might indicate where they were attacked, or maybe they were attacked and killed elsewhere, and leaving, or placing these things where they were found was done to confuse police and misdirect their investigation for at least awhile, while the assassin(s) got out of the country, and make them look at family, and other associates. Of course, someone hired those professional assassins. If, as the police stated the Shermans were targeted, and under surveillance for a month before they were killed, it seems to me this was a very sophisticated hit team. Deception in every area would be part of their skill set. IMO

KW may have been told this, but I don't believe this retired police officer's tale. Anyone else find it questionable?

I think it is very possible they knew this. It is amazing what forensics can do and IIRC there was something to do with the blood that was found that was HS which made them think she was dead before the hanging. I think.....someone here can please correct this if I'm wrong....

How could LE possibly know this? Forensically they can only narrow down a time period for the time of death. I imagine the autopsy can help determine whether HS person died from strangulation from the belt or something else, depending on the location of marks on the skin and maybe internal damage to the throat, etc. But it seems impossible to me that it could be determined that she was strangled with a ligature before being suspended by the belt; or strangled by the same ligature after having the belt wrapped around her neck.

KW is right about HS being killed prior to being staged with a belt, according to KD. (bbm).

‘By the end of 2018 — one year into the case — police knew that Barry and Honey were murdered between 9 p.m. and midnight on Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017. They knew Barry was tied at the wrists before he died. They knew both Shermans were strangled with a thin ligature of some sort, and restrained in a seated position by belts looped around their necks and attached to a low railing surrounding their basement swimming pool room after they were dead. Honey had been struck in the face, leaving a small mark on her right eye. Both were wearing their shoes and as the documents reveal, police were asking Sherman family and friends if it was the couple’s habit to take off their shoes when they came home — a question nobody could answer conclusively. Barry had his glasses on, perched neatly on his nose.’
Detectives sought ‘tower dump’ of all cellular communication around Barry and Honey Sherman’s home, Barry’s office, documents reveal

(And the above quote is a bit inaccurate. Daughter Alex told the police that HS ‘wore black slip-on shoes’ in the home.Detectives sought ‘tower dump’ of all cellular communication around Barry and Honey Sherman’s home, Barry’s office, documents reveal )

I think pathology ultimately indicated the sequence of events. The first ligature would have left distinctive damage that would differ from the marks the belts made that were applied after death, imo. (And lividity markings can indicate if they were moved into another position after death. )

The question I’d have is how and when did the retired homicide detective find that out and tell KW? Why tell him? (I’m curious, not accusing. It seems like hold-back information.)

KW is right about HS being killed prior to being staged with a belt, according to KD. (bbm).

‘By the end of 2018 — one year into the case — police knew that Barry and Honey were murdered between 9 p.m. and midnight on Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017. They knew Barry was tied at the wrists before he died. They knew both Shermans were strangled with a thin ligature of some sort, and restrained in a seated position by belts looped around their necks and attached to a low railing surrounding their basement swimming pool room after they were dead. Honey had been struck in the face, leaving a small mark on her right eye. Both were wearing their shoes and as the documents reveal, police were asking Sherman family and friends if it was the couple’s habit to take off their shoes when they came home — a question nobody could answer conclusively. Barry had his glasses on, perched neatly on his nose.’
Detectives sought ‘tower dump’ of all cellular communication around Barry and Honey Sherman’s home, Barry’s office, documents reveal

(And the above quote is a bit inaccurate. Daughter Alex told the police that HS ‘wore black slip-on shoes’ in the home.Detectives sought ‘tower dump’ of all cellular communication around Barry and Honey Sherman’s home, Barry’s office, documents reveal )

I think pathology ultimately indicated the sequence of events. The first ligature would have left distinctive damage that would differ from the marks the belts made that were applied after death, imo. (And lividity markings can indicate if they were moved into another position after death. )

The question I’d have is how and when did the retired homicide detective find that out and tell KW? Why tell him? (I’m curious, not accusing. It seems like hold-back information.)

This supposed retired LE person may not have been retired when the murders took place. Maybe he/she actually worked on the case. Or maybe he/she just made it up... we may never know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member