Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in the U.S. I have a Medicare prescription drug plan (known as “Plan D”), and at my local pharmacy (not a chain) I’ve paid as little as $2 for a 30 day supply of a very common generic drug. But depending on the drug, the price can be much higher, even for a generic. Every year I shop around for the best insurance company for the meds I take. The prices vary considerably between companies and even from year to year with the same company...by as much as $30 for one med I take! Each company places meds on a “tier” of their choice and that can make a huge difference in what you pay. Not to mention the fact that the monthly premium and amount of the deductible changes annually. All of that has to be factored into my decision. But I’m very grateful for drug coverage even though it’s not perfect.

Have you tried GoodRX or Refillwise or Singlecare? You can get coupons for prescription drugs that are considerably cheaper.

For instance my health insurance does not cover the Farxiga I take. It normally costs 552.00 for a 30 day supply. With a GoodRX or other similar coupon it costs around 130.00 per 30 day supply. There is no generic out for it yet so I have to buy name brand.

On the other hand I can get it without a coupon in Mexico for about 40.00 US (which is around 350 pesos).

So if you live close to Mexico it is worth the drive.

Why rent, and have to move twice, when you have a perfectly nice mansion on Colony Road while you await the new home to be built. I think with all the money and considering their age, convenience would win out.

Maybe they planned to use the money from the sale of their house to pay for the next house.

Police are not investigating this as a double homicide. We've know that from the beginning.

This is not true. I think you've been reminded of this a few times now but the police have not stated that they are not investigating this as a double homicide.

I hope we hear something after the 1st. Their children know them better than anybody and if they say it's not suicide/murder, I believe it. I'm glad they hired a PI.

You don’t have any concerns that the children lack objectivity?

I would consider them too emotionally involved to be credible.

bbm

I have been all the way through Canada south to north but we crossed the border at Shelby Montana going to Alaska so I have never been to Toronto. So this might seem like a stupid question. but with all those wide open spaces and sparse population why doesn't the developers just expand outward from the downtown area? Here the developers just build new additions further and further out from the downtown area so that the city keeps expanding outward. Granted the new housing additions sell out quick here but then they just start another one right beside it.

An 11 million dollar home here would be like 30000 square foot on about an acre of land. I am just guessing of course.

JMO

Canada is mindful of the urban sprawl in the USA. Atlanta is a good example. The goal is to build up, not out.

Police sources said they are investigating the POSSIBILITY of it being a murder/ suicide. So they must be investigating other possiblities.

If Honey had a serious injury not explained by the hanging he would know.
If Honey had struggled with him and had injured him he would know.

I realise I could be wrong but for police to take an immediate view on her cause of death (murder) before the autopsy I'm thinking it was most likely an obvious murder, and unlikely to have happened at the far end of the pool, unless they had gone for a swim which to me seems unlikely given their suspected attire. Why would they think it was BS who murdered HS and not the other way around? - I think there are strong indications leading to HS' body.

So, my opinion is based on the very early leak of information and is that they didn't have to search very hard to uncover evidence of Honey's apparent murder. As I said I could be wrong, but I don't think one has to know anything much about forensics to know that bodies leave traces and DNA etc. Films, books, newspaper reports, famous murder trials means most know enough these days to know how crimes are detected.

BBM

Because they said Honey was killed in another part/location in the house and moved to the pool area where she was found. If BS did not kill Honey and move her there, who did? So ergo Barry killed Honey in the murder suicide theory.

I think we are at cross purposes here. I believe the Murder suicide theory that the police put forth (or police sources as the case may be).

JMO

Have you tried GoodRX or Refillwise or Singlecare? You can get coupons for prescription drugs that are considerably cheaper.

For instance my health insurance does not cover the Farxiga I take. It normally costs 552.00 for a 30 day supply. With a GoodRX or other similar coupon it costs around 130.00 per 30 day supply. There is no generic out for it yet so I have to buy name brand.

On the other hand I can get it without a coupon in Mexico for about 40.00 US (which is around 350 pesos).

So if you live close to Mexico it is worth the drive.

OT: Thanks. I’ll look into those suggestions...except for Mexico...a little too far from Oregon. :) I won’t even drive 20 minutes to Walmart for prescriptions. Fortunately my meds aren’t super expensive.

Don’t some Americans use Canadian mail order pharmacies to save money (technically illegal for us I think)? So why are generics so expensive for Canadians? Does that have anything to do with Barry Sherman? Curious.

This is not true. I think you've been reminded of this a few times now but the police have not stated that they are not investigating this as a double homicide.

Police have not stated that they are that they are not investigating as a double murder, but they have stated that they are investigating as a murder suicide. Is there any reason to ignore what they have said and assume that what they have not said must be more meaningful?

Police sources said they are investigating the POSSIBILITY of it being a murder/ suicide. So they must be investigating other possiblities.

Not necessarily. They have said that this is investigated as a murder suicide. That does not mean that they are also investigating this as an act of God, and accident, a result of a robbery, a home invasion, or any other possible reason for their deaths. They have been very specific regarding what they believe happened: murder suicide.

Police have not stated that they are that they are not investigating as a double murder, but they have stated that they are investigating as a murder suicide. Is there any reason to ignore what they have said and assume that what they have not said must be more meaningful?

Police "sources" said they were looking at the possibility of a murder suicide. That is not an official police statement, and does not mean that is the only thing they are considering or have ever considered.

Again, you've been reminded of the difference between official police statements and "sources."

Police "sources" said they were looking at the possibility of a murder suicide. That is not an official police statement, and does not mean that is the only thing they are considering or have ever considered.

Again, you've been reminded of the difference between official police statements and "sources."

If we disbelieve some of the reports, then we have to disbelieve them all. That is, we can't claim that they were hanging from the railing next to the pool, that they were in a semi-seated position, that belts were used as ligature, and then refuse to accept that the wife was killed in another part of the house, or that police are investigating this as a murder suicide. It seems that information that is inconvenient is put in the category of "fake news", and information that is convenient and from the same type of unnamed "police source" is factual.

I chose to believe what is reported in the news - all of it. I don't really understand the purpose of discussing a case like this where the objective is to push the idea that news reports and police sources should not be believed.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...guide-to-whos-being-honoured/article37454374/
Order of Canada list announced: A guide to who's being honoured
PUBLISHED DECEMBER 29, 2017
Barry Sherman appointed a month before his death

[...]
Just one month before he and his wife were found dead in their north Toronto mansion, Barry Sherman learned that he had been appointed a Member of the prestigious Order of Canada.

The 75-year-old founder of generic pharmaceutical giant Apotex Inc. was awarded the distinction for "his entrepreneurship in the pharmaceutical industry and for his unwavering support and commitment to education and charitable causes."
[...]
Although the Order of Canada is not awarded posthumously, a spokesperson for the Office of the Secretary to the Governor-General confirmed that Mr. Sherman's appointment stands because it was confirmed in November, before his death.
"Since Mr. Sherman was appointed in November, 2017, following the [Order of Canada] Advisory Council's November, 2017, meeting, he was made a member prior to his tragic death," Marie-Pierre Bélanger said.
The recipients will be presented with their insignia at Ottawa's Rideau Hall at a future date. In Mr. Sherman's case, Ms. Bélanger says, a family member or friend would be invited to accept it on his behalf.
[...]

In the article it says Canada's 2nd tallest building I think and it's called "the One". That's the building in my Youtube link. Has it be verified that the Sherman's did own this building? If so...... hmmm

I would assume they owned a unit or two, or Apotex did. If he was involved in development on that scale it would have been reported.

You don’t have any concerns that the children lack objectivity?

I would consider them too emotionally involved to be credible.

Well yes, but I'm sure as a family of which they seem very close they can "read" their parents. If something was wrong they would help to fix it. I don't see any of that. In fact B&H were both moving forward in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denie67