CANADA Canada - BC, Male, 30-50, west of Merritt, 6 July 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ADKGemini

Reaction score
RemainsFound.jpg

There is one file in the Nicola Valley. A man’s body was discovered on July 6, 2004. Information on the UHR tool states that the man was between 30 to 50 years old, and the remains were discovered three to six years after he died (listed as maximum and minimum post-mortem interval, or PMI, on the mapping tool).

According to the approximate location on the UHR map, the body was discovered west of Merritt off Lindley Creek Road.

“By reaching out and engaging members of the public with the launch of this innovative tool, it’s our hope to gain new investigative leads that will lead to the identification of these unidentified individuals and bring closure to their families,” said Lisa Lapointe, chief coroner.

The viewer provides a visual overview of the approximate location where the remains were found, case numbers for contact purposes and a summary of the key information related to each unresolved case in B.C.
BC Coroners Service turns to the public to help identify human remains - Merritt Herald

ArcGIS Web Application

If you need information on how to use this interactive viewer, please click on the "How To Use" tab in the top right hand corner.

If you have any information or questions about any of these investigations, please contact the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) at BCCS.SIU@gov.bc.ca. Title your email with the Case Number in question, and as much detail as you can regarding your query. Your email will be treated confidentially.

If you provide us with your personal information in order to assist us in identifying an unsolved Unidentified Human Remains, the collection of your personal information is authorized under section 26(a) and (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and section 11(1)(e) of the Coroners Act. If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, please direct any questions to the attention of the Manager, Special Investigations Unit at (604) 660-7745 or by mail to PO Box 9259, Stn Prov Govt, Victoria BC V8W 9J4.
For more information on the Coroners Service, visit the BC Coroners Service website

For more information on unidentified remains or missing persons across the province, visit the Canada's Missing website
We thank you for your assistance.
(NOTE: some UHR locations are approximated and not exact.)

Wow, that is a lot of unidentified bodies.

There's really not a lot of information to go on here, but I wonder if this could be Edward Street.

170366-25c9126e11b13e4047b17d685090de8a.jpg

Edward Street was 35 years old when he disappeared from Kamloops - which is very close to Merritt - in March of 2000. He left his friends at 8:30am, telling them he needed to pick something up from his work but that he would be back by 10:00am, and he was never seen again. The case fits the location, timeline and the few details that are available, but I'm wondering if he's already been ruled out, since he seems like the most obvious possible match, considering there aren't many open missing persons investigations in that area from that time period.

Canada's Missing | Case details

Attachments

• Edward Street.jpg
    Edward Street.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
Wow, that is a lot of unidentified bodies.

There's really not a lot of information to go on here, but I wonder if this could be Edward Street.

170366-25c9126e11b13e4047b17d685090de8a.jpg

Edward Street was 35 years old when he disappeared from Kamloops - which is very close to Merritt - in March of 2000. He left his friends at 8:30am, telling them he needed to pick something up from his work but that he would be back by 10:00am, and he was never seen again. The case fits the location, timeline and the few details that are available, but I'm wondering if he's already been ruled out, since he seems like the most obvious possible match, considering there aren't many open missing persons investigations in that area from that time period.

Edward looks like a good possibility! I wish Canada had a national website like NamUs where comparisons could be made easier and 'rule outs' could be listed :/
other than Edward, the only other man that sort of fits is Sefacag Erdinc, 33, bout a 2 hour drive away (but this would give a 2 year PMI).
showImage

Last edited:
the UHR map is very cool, hope they launch it in other provinces other than BC! Kind of wish I didn't find out that a body was once found a few minutes away from my house, though... o_O

Sefaçağ Erdinç

Last edited:
Edward looks like a good possibility! I wish Canada had a national website like NamUs where comparisons could be made easier and 'rule outs' could be listed :/
other than Edward, the only other man that sort of fits is Sefacag Erdinc, 33, bout a 2 hour drive away (but this would give a 2 year PMI).
showImage

Sefacag Erdinç. Do you know him. Can anyone who knows to contact me.

My name is Kutsal . Sefacag Erdinc my uncle. contact me if you get news

Hi everyone, I was just talking to maxj (who is from Turkey) on private messaging and he is looking for more information on his uncle. Sefacag does not have much information about himself online: this thread is one of the only things that comes up.
Is there anyone with experience starting missing person threads who would consider starting one for Sefacag?

Hi everyone, I was just talking to maxj (who is from Turkey) on private messaging and he is looking for more information on his uncle. Sefacag does not have much information about himself online: this thread is one of the only things that comes up.
Is there anyone with experience starting missing person threads who would consider starting one for Sefacag?
Started Ws thread..
CANADA - Sefacag ERDINC, 33, Mission, BC, 15 November 2002

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member