CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure the killer would be spending more time in the house after killing as it would risk being discovered - especially if HS did in fact dial the 911 call. If he/she was looking to find something (a will?), I am sure he got it out of HS as she would have known.
IMO
It does seem incredibly risky to have spent even an extra moment at the home.

But KD has said the WM was at the home from approximately 8:45 until after 10:00 (10:15-ish). Honey arrived home at 8:20, and Barry arrived home just before 9:00 and apparently was immediately attacked.

But that is based on his sources. In the police documents there’s a blacked out section that makes it look like the WM spent over one to two hours in the area of the Sherman home. The police said it’s a ‘suspicious’ amount of time and gave a range of the time of death somewhere between 9-12.

Had speculated half-jokingly about BM considering his landscaping business and in particular the expansive gardens HS was planning for the mansion she was going to have built.
Plus, other family members and associates may have encountered him in a social setting of some kind. speculation, imo.
I know the gardener that H and B used. It was not BM

A quick question, did any of the Shermans have a social media page?

I’m not aware of Barry or Honey having one, I think we would have heard of it by now. JS told the police that Barry rarely used the internet.

The other Shermans and extended family and people close to the case are on SM, but we cannot posts the links or screenshots here.

I am curious as to why we continue to believe without questioning that the scene was staged as a M/S. it would have been so easy for the killer to force BS to draft a suicide note and leave it at the scene. But there was none apparently. Similarly, if it’s supposed to look like a M/s, why leave Barry’s papers, gloves etc scattered on the floor? Plus any killer would have known that careful scrutiny of the bodies would reveal non belt related ligature marks on the neck, and restraint impressions on the wrists.
Do we actually have ANY evidence that would point to the killer intentionally staging the scene to look like a M/S?
There is no doubt the bodies were staged for dramatic effect. But I would welcome hearing ANY evidence or clues that the staging was intended to portray a M/S.
It seems many of us have just accepted the MS staging version of events. But why?

I don't know if it was intentionally staged as m/s per se..... but the bodies had markings from bindings that were removed & not found at the scene. The markings were covered with rope or whatever as if that had been used. So that's intentional staging to conceal circumstances of death at least... JMO

I’m not aware of Barry or Honey having one, I think we would have heard of it by now. JS told the police that Barry rarely used the internet.

The other Shermans and extended family and people close to the case are on SM, but we cannot posts the links or screenshots here.
I’m curious to know if LE ever cross referenced any of the suspects’ alibi by determining their geolocation based on their social media (or even an app) activity on the day of the murders.

I’m curious to know if LE ever cross referenced any of the suspects’ alibi by determining their geolocation based on their social media (or even an app) activity on the day of the murders.

''Bell, Rogers, Telus and Freedom Mobile were served with court-ordered “production orders” to release cellphone “tower dumps” to the Toronto Police Intelligence Unit. It was a considerable task for the telecommunications companies, assembling thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of bits of data — the electronic tracings of phone calls and text messages that passed through cellular towers in two areas Barry and Honey travelled both the night they were murdered, and at other key times.
These so-called “tower dumps” were then compared to about 300 cellphone numbers police had gathered in their investigation — belonging to a mix of Sherman friends, family, work associates and others. Maybe, detectives thought, just maybe, they would strike investigative gold.

At first, that’s what it looked like but by late summer 2021 — just over four months ago — elation turned to dismay.
“We’ve exhausted all the avenues (of the cellular data),” said Toronto police Det.-Const. Dennis Yim during a recent court appearance. “We’ve done comparisons and analysis and those comparisons and analyses have not borne any fruit.”

''Bell, Rogers, Telus and Freedom Mobile were served with court-ordered “production orders” to release cellphone “tower dumps” to the Toronto Police Intelligence Unit. It was a considerable task for the telecommunications companies, assembling thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of bits of data — the electronic tracings of phone calls and text messages that passed through cellular towers in two areas Barry and Honey travelled both the night they were murdered, and at other key times.
These so-called “tower dumps” were then compared to about 300 cellphone numbers police had gathered in their investigation — belonging to a mix of Sherman friends, family, work associates and others. Maybe, detectives thought, just maybe, they would strike investigative gold.

At first, that’s what it looked like but by late summer 2021 — just over four months ago — elation turned to dismay.
“We’ve exhausted all the avenues (of the cellular data),” said Toronto police Det.-Const. Dennis Yim during a recent court appearance. “We’ve done comparisons and analysis and those comparisons and analyses have not borne any fruit.”
Thavks for the links! I wonder if they did in fact find something but not ready to reveal so as to not compromise the case.

This has probably been discussed already, but what’s that marking on JS’s wrist -inner right hand during the funeral? Zoom in on the pictures in the links below:

See Marking on JS’ hand?

And see here (scroll to bottom of the page where he is shown touching his yarmulke)
Great find MapLE! You may be able to collect the reward!
I have been here since Day 1, and I do not recall that this has ever been noticed or discussed. Dotr is the ultimate knowledge keeper, so I will defer to her on that.
I have to wonder if the same marking was on his hand when he took his “crypto pictures” at home on the day of the murders? If not, how did he get these marks? It sure looks like it could be marks made from a binding, rope, or similar. I wonder if LE has done Any work on this, or is even aware?
interested in what others have to say.

I have been here since Day 1, and I do not recall that this has ever been noticed or discussed. Dotr is the ultimate knowledge keeper, so I will defer to her on that.
I have to wonder if the same marking was on his hand when he took his “crypto pictures” at home on the day of the murders? If not, how did he get these marks? It sure looks like it could be marks made from a binding, rope, or similar. I wonder if LE has done Any work on this, or is even aware?
Are you talking about the red circles with lines going outwards from the edge of the circles?

does anyone see a bite mark around the red line? I edited the picture to show more contrast.View attachment 457389
I'm seeing a wound. A red line, yes, and "shadows" of something above and beneath. Although the placement of 2 rows of teeth and the direction, in which they seem to appear, would be inexplicable to me at the moment.

Unfortunately, probably much too late, if it wasn't examined at the time.

Last edited:
I have to wonder if the same marking was on his hand when he took his “crypto pictures” at home on the day of the murders? If not, how did he get these marks? It sure looks like it could be marks made from a binding, rope, or similar. I wonder if LE has done Any work on this, or is even aware?av
I have read about possible injuries to JS /marks sighted at the funeral before, but I’m not sure if it was here or elsewhere. In some photos it seems more or less pronounced. There is a thread about this somewhere.

I have read about possible injuries to JS /marks sighted at the funeral before, but I’m not sure if it was here or elsewhere. In some photos it seems more or less pronounced. There is a thread about this somewhere.
Would you happen to know if it was in this thread or a separate thread on WS?

I don't know if it was intentionally staged as m/s per se..... but the bodies had markings from bindings that were removed & not found at the scene. The markings were covered with rope or whatever as if that had been used. So that's intentional staging to conceal circumstances of death at least... JMO
I have never thought that they were staged to look like a M/S. I think the restraints to bind their hands and what ever was used to murder them left with the murderer. Making sure that no DNA was left behind. Maybe what was used could be traced back to someone.
Zip ties ? Are zip ties used in storage facilities or marina's?
I think who ever killed them must have been surprised and very happy that the police thought it was a M/S.

I am not sure the killer would be spending more time in the house after killing as it would risk being discovered - especially if HS did in fact dial the 911 call. If he/she was looking to find something (a will?), I am sure he got it out of HS as she would have known.
IMO
I am very sure there was no will, as the lawyer who made it would have come forward by now. Sherman's would only use the services of a lawyer for a will.

does anyone see a bite mark around the red line? I edited the picture to show more contrast.View attachment 457389
OMG, That is amazing.

If the TPS never noticed these marks when they were getting a statement from JS, surely they are kicking themselves now.
However being winter, JS could have been wearing gloves when interacting with the TPS.
Curious to know how similar these marks were to the ones on the parents wrists?

Would you happen to know if it was in this thread or a separate thread on WS?

It may not be here (it’s unlikely because of the TOS), but ‘marks’ on JS and marks on KW’s face have been pointed out on social media.

KD addressed the marks and bright red colour on KW’s face as being due to some type of treatment that KW claimed he had done.

143903ED-7DF0-4228-BCA6-AEF526E978F1.jpeg

ETA: It’s the first time I’ve heard of marks on JS’s hands being pointed out.

Last edited:
If I look at my hand I have a number of or a large vein in this area, it does resemble a dark line in some lights? IMO if it was from a twist tie it would be a more thin line And a deep cut.

For me another question, maybe already discussed, how tall is JS compared to the NW? Same for JS affiliated people are any similar in height or stature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01