CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

How does the creation of this new mortgage company square with BS wanting to get paid back for his old mortgages by trying to have JS and AP get new mortgages from a bank instead? Did BS know about Harlo at that time?
The 50-60 amount has always been curious to me. Why a range, why not a specific amount and why not the total 125 mil JS said BS “gave” him. I have always wondered why JS kept the extra cash, why not return it (I am assuming no payments required to keep it) I am theorizing that JS may have used the cash lying around for something BS did not approve himself or was not privy to details about. Again theoretically he may have asked for that amount back as he thought it was not used and had been surprised that JS and AP did not have it and said fine go get mortgages and get it for me.

I could easily imagine internal anger, BS wants son to return 50-60 mil and Mom gets to spend 30 mil on a new home. Ouch.

While he may have wanted to get repaid for the mortgage loans because he may have needed the money to pay for other things like a large lawsuit loss, there would have been a danger in the potential loss of those properties if an outside bank had the mortgage loans on them instead as they would have served as collateral. Also, wouldn't the banks have had to evaluate the value of those properties before offering any mortgage loans for them?

Apologies if anyone has already posted this article. My interest peaked reading the snippet below explaining what intricate relationships and the lawyers responsibilities are and it could be our Government is actually holding back on allowing information to be seen by homicide investigations. Also why LE may not be able to let this case be classified as cold, if it is cold the secrecy is less important.

Despite Donovan’s many victories, many of the most important and revealing parts of the investigative files remain sealed today. Donovan periodically appears in court to get more of them unsealed. To maintain some degree of secrecy, police must establish that the investigation is active and that disclosure would harm the integrity of the investigation itself. Donovan isn’t the only one facing an uphill battle when it comes to accessing information, as police investigators themselves have faced significant roadblocks in reviewing electronic devices, emails, and other evidence. The information is caught up in a longstanding legal agreement between Apotex and the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario. The deal was designed to protect Apotex’s private research and development secrets and gave company lawyers the right to decide what material could be reviewed by police.15 According to Donovan and on review of warrant documents, police have yet to review all material relevant to the probe.
Were/are other pharmacy companies equally privileged like Apotex?

The 50-60 amount has always been curious to me. Why a range, why not a specific amount and why not the total 125 mil JS said BS “gave” him. I have always wondered why JS kept the extra cash, why not return it (I am assuming no payments required to keep it) I am theorizing that JS may have used the cash lying around for something BS did not approve himself or was not privy to details about. Again theoretically he may have asked for that amount back as he thought it was not used and had been surprised that JS and AP did not have it and said fine go get mortgages and get it for me.

I could easily imagine internal anger, BS wants son to return 50-60 mil and Mom gets to spend 30 mil on a new home. Ouch.
JS used the extra cash, to fund loans on the secondary credit market, at rates substantially higher than primary lenders. Higher risk borrowers who were refused loans by primary lenders were eager to borrow at double, triple or more the going rate, to keep their projects alive. This was very profitable for JS, as he got free money from Barry. Barry being a shrewd money guy, no doubt was not made aware of this activity by JS. Logically Barry would want a piece of the action as it was all his money that JS was lending out.

JS could not give it back when Barry asked, because it was lent out already. JS could not get a bank mortgage, because the real property was worth way less than the $50-60 million JS needed, and JS could not pledge the loans he had made, because the lenders had already refused those borrowers. JS was trapped.

IMO

Open kimono sort of guy, interesting description!
Wondering what kind of info would really scare him, should/would the rest of the family be afraid too? imo, speculation.
rbbm
“My parents gave us everything and if I have to give everything back to find answers I will,” explains Jonathon. He has his own theory (he said he has shared information with the police) but does not want to state it publicly because he will have a “target on my back.” In what he describes as his own investigation of the case, Jonathon said he has discovered information that “really scares the s—t out of me.”

''He said he has no secrets. “I am an open kimono sort of guy.”
He said he knows people in and outside the family badmouth him, but he insists he does not care. He said allowing himself to be “kicked around” gives him cover to learn “intel” from people that will help him find out who killed his parents.''

1714834447657.png
Jan. 11, 2021

Noting a shooting near the old Sherman home today, fwiw..
1715094274455.png

Noting a shooting near the old Sherman home today, fwiw..
View attachment 501985
The shooting was at Drake’s mansion. Here is a quote from the TPS Inspector in charge:
“….You can expect to see an increased presence in this neighbourhood for the next little while, but it’s no different than any other shooting,” said Inspector Paul Krawczyk…”
Note the last name. Not a common surname. I wonder if the inspector is the brother or related to BK. Does this present a possible conduit for BK and others close to him to receive what should be inside info on the Sherman investigation? Speculation on my part, MOO.

The shooting was at Drake’s mansion. Here is a quote from the TPS Inspector in charge:
“….You can expect to see an increased presence in this neighbourhood for the next little while, but it’s no different than any other shooting,” said Inspector Paul Krawczyk…”
Note the last name. Not a common surname. I wonder if the inspector is the brother or related to BK. Does this present a possible conduit for BK and others close to him to receive what should be inside info on the Sherman investigation? Speculation on my part, MOO.
Could be related, but I would not infer there could be misconduct on the Inspector's part, unless one has some reason to believe BK has received confidential info.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...............
Krawczyk is the 17th most common surname in Poland (64,543 people in 2009).[1] Tailor's Son is an English translation of the name. The Polish root krawiec translates as tailor and the suffix czyk as son of.

There are about 35 Krawczyk's in the 411.ca directory

Could be related, but I would not infer there could be misconduct on the Inspector's part, unless one has some reason to believe BK has received confidential info.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...............
Krawczyk is the 17th most common surname in Poland (64,543 people in 2009).[1] Tailor's Son is an English translation of the name. The Polish root krawiec translates as tailor and the suffix czyk as son of.

There are about 35 Krawczyk's in the 411.ca directory
There are over a million listings in 411.ca so 35 is a very small percentage. The name is unique and it would be interesting if they were related.

New article

The notorious double homicide of pharmaceutical billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife Honey remains unsolved. Now the inheritance battle over their fortune threatens to pry open a family’s vault of secrets and add another unseemly chapter to the saga of a gruesome crime.

New article

The notorious double homicide of pharmaceutical billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife Honey remains unsolved. Now the inheritance battle over their fortune threatens to pry open a family’s vault of secrets and add another unseemly chapter to the saga of a gruesome crime.

Wow. Thank you for posting that article. I’m only halfway through, and these paragraphs made me stop: (from your link)—

“And yet Noah ignored his mother’s pleas to be more careful about asking the Shermans for money. A few months before the Shermans were killed, he emailed Honey and asked her if he could use her Saks credit card to buy a few things. “Of course. My pleasure!” Honey wrote back. When Mary found out Noah had used the card to buy Christian Louboutin and Brunello Cucinelli accessories, she was upset and threatened to remove him from the family trust that Sherman had set up for them.

“Everyone in the house shares the feeling that you would throw us under the bus for the chance to get to the Shermans and their money,” Mary wrote to Noah a year after the murders. “We each get that feeling individually. Since you don’t trust me, there is no reason for me to trust you.” According to court records, she allegedly had him removed as a beneficiary from her real estate portfolio, and the two haven’t spoken since 2019.”

Wow. Thank you for posting that article. I’m only halfway through, and these paragraphs made me stop: (from your link)—

“And yet Noah ignored his mother’s pleas to be more careful about asking the Shermans for money. A few months before the Shermans were killed, he emailed Honey and asked her if he could use her Saks credit card to buy a few things. “Of course. My pleasure!” Honey wrote back. When Mary found out Noah had used the card to buy Christian Louboutin and Brunello Cucinelli accessories, she was upset and threatened to remove him from the family trust that Sherman had set up for them.

“Everyone in the house shares the feeling that you would throw us under the bus for the chance to get to the Shermans and their money,” Mary wrote to Noah a year after the murders. “We each get that feeling individually. Since you don’t trust me, there is no reason for me to trust you.” According to court records, she allegedly had him removed as a beneficiary from her real estate portfolio, and the two haven’t spoken since 2019.”
What type of mother says that to her child?

What type of mother says that to her child?
I don’t know. She always acts as if she’s been wronged, imo.

I’m curious about her saying: “everyone in the house shares the feeling that you would throw us under the bus for the chance to get to the Shermans and their money.”

She wrote that a year after the murders and everyone’s lives had been scrutinized by the police, the private PI team and KD by that point. What hadn’t been uncovered?

What information could he leverage that would hurt the Shechtmans?

MS frequently seems unaware of how unsympathetic she appears in her own comments. The small detail that sticks in my head is from the time she invited KD over to her house:

Mary said despite her real-estate holdings she and her family are struggling financially. “You can tell when (the money) stopped,” Mary said as I left her home, pointing to what to me was a well-decorated dining room with a long table. “No curtains.”

This is also on KD’s podcast so you can hear her voice. The clear implication, at least to me, was that she would not purchase her own curtains for her home, even years later. She preferred to point out the absence of curtains in a large decorated room as proof she was poorly treated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back