CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, it is distressing to know that we are approaching the 7 year mark since these murders were committed and there seems to be little to no progress being made in solving them and no status update or appeal for help from TPS, and no news from KD. It seems the only people Keeping this case at the top of mind are the ten or so regular posters here.
I fear that TPS has speculation or a theory on what happened, but little tangible evidence. Not knowing where else to turn, they choose to stay silent. I hope I am wrong.
And, the Greenspan circus is no longer in town!

Greenspan is still in T.O.

I wonder what the team discovered.
The private investigation team, lead by Greenspan and funded by the Sherman children, appears to have discovered nothing of significance. The hope that their investigation would lead to identifying Persons of Interest, or to charges being laid was never realized.

Some people believed that the TPS investigation was so 'botched' that law enforcement would never solve the crime, and a fresh, independent team of investigators was required.

This private team, ended their work with no visible results.

MOO

The private investigation team, lead by Greenspan and funded by the Sherman children, appears to have discovered nothing of significance. The hope that their investigation would lead to identifying Persons of Interest, or to charges being laid was never realized.

Some people believed that the TPS investigation was so 'botched' that law enforcement would never solve the crime, and a fresh, independent team of investigators was required.

This private team, ended their work with no visible results.

MOO
Given that the children hired Greenspan, and Greenspan in turn engaged the PI’s, does anyone know if the PI’s would be bound by the same confidentiality and privilege obligations as the lawyer that engaged them?

The only privately engaged expert who appears to have had any influence on the investigation was the pathologist who determined it was a double murder. Had the Sherman children turned this information over to the police at the time, it might have saved investigators from weeks of chasing down questions about why Barry might have killed himself. Instead the police learned this from the newspaper.

Given that the children hired Greenspan, and Greenspan in turn engaged the PI’s, does anyone know if the PI’s would be bound by the same confidentiality and privilege obligations as the lawyer that engaged them?
Excellent question. Not being a lawyer, I do believe anything and everything discussed between a lawyer and his client is protected. Hypothetically, the PI tells the lawyer 'such and such', the lawyer then tells his client, then that information is protected. The PI working as a an agent of the lawyer, I think logically would be protected as well, but I am not positive.

Wild Hypothesis. If somebody had some involvement with the crime, either directly or indirectly, they might hire a private investigation team, which could provide some useful information for the defense at a potential future trial.
Since the private investigation team had a tip line as well, it could be a useful overview of the Police investigation and the progress being made.

Question for the legal minds out there. You are a lawyer doing a private investigation work for your client Bill Jones. You get a call on the tip line, that says Bill Jones, your client did the crime and there is video proof that you can purchase. Do you buy the video? As a lawyer do you have to tell the Police?

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back