CANADA - Black family speaks out after racist act on Hwy. 401 - July 7/2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great photo for the speed he's describing.

Were the 4 able to identify the make & model of the car?

Interesting.

Great photo for the speed he's describing.

Were the 4 able to identify the make & model of the car?

Interesting.

not sure
boy would I love to see the racists identified

Work on the car. What kind of car has body-colored door handles???

Close, not exact shape:

991.2+GT3+Blue++-+48.jpg

image from Sapphire Blue Metallic Porsche 991.2 GT3 Full Body Xpel Wrap and CQuartz Finest Reserve Coating — Darien Detail, a Porsche 991.2 GT3

Missing the metallic circle on the front of the handle, suspect car is a 4-door:

a Panamera

porsche-panamera-door-handle-123807.jpg

Is the newspaper image reversed, or is the suspect car right-hand drive? IS that common in Canada?

(Or -- is the person in that car in an, er, atypical relationship?)

JMHO YMMV LRR

Last edited:
Hmmm....some people say being forced to wear a mask is akin to slavery. The fact that the sign is premade and attached to his sunglasses and covers his mouth makes me think that he was making a political statement not a racist one.

Hmmm....some people say being forced to wear a mask is akin to slavery. The fact that the sign is premade and attached to his sunglasses and covers his mouth makes me think that he was making a political statement not a racist one.

And, if that person was female, many would draw a different conclusion.

Noticed a Ford with blue door handles, is this a match???

images

images

JMHO YMMV LRR

A 47-year-old man from Toronto is speaking out after a racist act against his family while driving along Highway 401 in the Ingersoll area.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/lond...0icCzt5_KnY8PHA6QhrMasupUxeFx0OZdXOzfIWVvwm0I

*I can't believe we're seeing this happen in Canada.

IDK. I see MANY POC on Twitter stating that the systemic racism in Canada is just as rampant as it is here in the States. The more obvious targets tend to be Indigenous people, however, as I suppose the demographics are somewhat different than in the US. But sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all. There's a whole lot that Canada is better at than the States, but I don't think racism is one of those things.

IDK. I see MANY POC on Twitter stating that the systemic racism in Canada is just as rampant as it is here in the States. The more obvious targets tend to be Indigenous people, however, as I suppose the demographics are somewhat different than in the US. But sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all. There's a whole lot that Canada is better at than the States, but I don't think racism is one of those things.

you're right
just because I haven't witnessed it doesn't mean it isn't happening
and also I probably have witnessed it but didn't recognize it

Is the newspaper image reversed, or is the suspect car right-hand drive? IS that common in Canada?

(Or -- is the person in that car in an, er, atypical relationship?)

JMHO YMMV LRR

I thought the hands on the wheel were from another person in the driver's seat and that the guy with the sign was in the passenger seat. It could be a right-hand drive car but it would be very rare. I've seen them.

ETA: he's definitely in the passenger seat cause I can see the driver's head who is leaning back more

Last edited:

and it does loop around the ears like a covid mask
maybe that sign was made for a protest or a corporate business meeting they attended earlier and the person took advantage of it to target black people

Last edited:
From the sound of the interaction between the OPP officer and the complainant, it sounds like they did get the license number of the vehicle. They should have also gotten the make of the vehicle as well, as well as the model.

That car colour is pretty popular. I've seen it on Hyundais, Mazdas, and Fords. The Ford colour is called Blue Candy. 2020 Ford EcoSport SE Blue Candy Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, 2.0L Ti-VCT GDI I-4 Engine | Kokanee Ford Sales

Here's a Hyundai. Called Aqua Blue.
What Colors Does the 2019 Hyundai Tucson Come In? - Coastal Hyundai

I don't want to trivialize what the offended parties feel about the incident but I am thinking it's more a political statement than an overt message regarding racism. It would be interesting if the vehicle maintained the same speed for other vehicles it passed.

If they truly want to file a complaint they should do it formally, IMO. It would be easy to track down the vehicle if the plate number is known.

From the sound of the interaction between the OPP officer and the complainant, it sounds like they did get the license number of the vehicle. They should have also gotten the make of the vehicle as well, as well as the model.

That car colour is pretty popular. I've seen it on Hyundais, Mazdas, and Fords. The Ford colour is called Blue Candy. 2020 Ford EcoSport SE Blue Candy Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, 2.0L Ti-VCT GDI I-4 Engine | Kokanee Ford Sales

Here's a Hyundai. Called Aqua Blue.
What Colors Does the 2019 Hyundai Tucson Come In? - Coastal Hyundai

I don't want to trivialize what the offended parties feel about the incident but I am thinking it's more a political statement than an overt message regarding racism. It would be interesting if the vehicle maintained the same speed for other vehicles it passed.

If they truly want to file a complaint they should do it formally, IMO. It would be easy to track down the vehicle if the plate number is known.

yeah I couldn't figure out if they meant the officer took down their (the victim's) license plate number or the suspect's
I agree they should file a formal report

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmu
Back