Found Deceased Canada- Brian Lush, 51, transport truck driver from NFLD, cctv last shows him getting out of his truck @ gas station in Summerstown, Ont, 24/4/24

Last edited:
He wasn’t in the truck. He was in the trailer.

I wonder if OPP figured out the trailer didn’t get searched and contacted RCMP?

The RCMP said in statement late Tuesday afternoon that its officers had found Lush's remains inside the trailer in Port aux Basques, and confirmed it did not suspect foul play.

Moo. I do not understand. Why would they not search trailer when looking for him. And at least check that what he was hauling wasn't stolen from trailer?...moo

Wait....what???? He was found IN HIS TRUCK'S TRAILER!!!!

well that makes sense with the last sighting on camera in front of the truck and then he just 'disappeared' but I didn't even think of it! I guess something to remember now for future cases

Okay how do u close the trailer doors from the inside....u cant....someone please correct me if im wrong. Tractor trailer doors are double doors that swing out with a latch to secure them when closed....and if it was a roll down down like a straight truck the door still would not be locked!!!!

ETA: This stinks!

Last edited:
“We appreciate offers of assistance from the public, but untrained civilians can actually interfere with our work, contaminating potential scent trails that our Canines could track, and interfere with possible evidence or signs that could lead us to locate Brian,” reads Monday morning’s statement.

Lush — who is described as 5-foot-11-inches tall, 200 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes — was last seen wearing a blue hoodie, jeans, and possibly a ball cap.''

Scent dogs mentioned above

This is just horrific. I am going to read the article but I truly hope it wasn’t his family or friends who found him.
A family member said the person driving the truck back to Newfoundland suspected he was in the trailer and drove directly to the RCMP detachment after leaving the ferry (12 days after he went missing).

1715171171206.png
"On surveillance video, right after 4:30 p.m., we see him get out of his truck, he walks around the front of the truck and then he walks out of camera range," Bill Dickson, media relations co-ordinator of the Ontario Provincial Police's East Region, told CBC News last week.
"He was never seen again, as far as we know."
Lush's family told CBC News at the time it was "highly unusual" for Lush to walk away from his rig.''

LE must have made a quick check inside the trailer and didn't see him. Hopefully they did more than call his name and when he didn't answer thought he wasn't in there.

As mentioned earlier the doors on the trailer cannot be locked from the inside. It seems the door being ajar should have been a dead giveaway that he may have been inside and an extensive search would have been conducted.

I would imagine the driver who was taking the truck and trailer back to the owner smelled a bad odor in the trailer or someone on the ferry did, since his body had been in the trailer for 12 days at that point and that is when he drove directly to the RCMP detachment, not searching himself.

JMO

Moo...good to hear they are conducting a review of search...I hope the information of review is made public. They had search n rescue, drones, dogs, but obviously did not check trailer or just did a really minimal look around..that is really sad and bad...moo

Snipped...
...“(Twelve) days of f—ing hoping, we were there — we didn’t have time to search the trailer and the OPP said they were the best. The best didn’t do their f—ing job. We wish this nightmare didn’t lead to this. You were so loved Brian,” read a post from Lush’s daughter in-law KA when she shared the CBC article.

LE must have made a quick check inside the trailer and didn't see him. Hopefully they did more than call his name and when he didn't answer thought he wasn't in there.

As mentioned earlier the doors on the trailer cannot be locked from the inside. It seems the door being ajar should have been a dead giveaway that he may have been inside and an extensive search would have been conducted.

I would imagine the driver who was taking the truck and trailer back to the owner smelled a bad odor in the trailer or someone on the ferry did, since his body had been in the trailer for 12 days at that point and that is when he drove directly to the RCMP detachment, not searching himself.

JMO
One thing to note is that Brian’s trailer did have external side doors as well from photos. I think those may be able to shut from the inside. (Agreed on the rest of your post 100%)

Attachments

• IMG_7770.jpeg
    IMG_7770.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Is there any chance someone nefarious could've seen him go on the side door of the trailer and followed him in?

Or are we genuinely looking at suicide here?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90
Back