Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a media thread been started for this case yet? If not, can we get one started?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interactive Google map

McArthur Murder Investigation

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...&ll=44.126095881572674,-79.29265685287498&z=9

Source:

Mapping the McArthur murder investigation (with photos and more info at link)

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/01/22/mapping-mcarthur-murder-investigation/

• 95 Thorncliffe Park Drive, Thorncliffe
• Mallory Crescent, Leaside
• 2598 Cooper Road, Madoc
• 227 Conlins Road, Scarborough
• 1604 Baseline Road West, Courtice

Great info - Thanks

I don’t think I’ll be able to look at a planter the same as I did before this case.

LE stated that BM became a person of interest specifically in investigation of Andrew Kinsman disappearance. They haven't stated why, and it could very well be this person that provided the tip. No point in critisizing him based on information we don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, I still remain completely amazed at the amount of folks that weren't aware of Project Houston or Project Prism. Many people, even with the coverage it received, may not have know Andrew was missing or had seen his picture. I know it's a crazy thought for us on WS, but it's true. Not everyone is as informed or in the loop as we are.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...lice-and-bar-owners-have-some-ideas-1.4515457
Derick Deonarain · Posted: Feb 01, 2018
How do you stay safe on dating apps? Toronto police and bar owners have some ideas
As Toronto police continue to investigate a series of homicides allegedly committed by a man who was active on dating apps, many people are asking how they can protect themselves as they try to meet prospective partners online.

But the case of Bruce McArthur, 66, who faces first-degree murder charges in connection with the disappearances of five men, mostly from the Gay Village, isn't the only thing making people look over their shoulders.

Police are also asking for the public's help in finding a suspect after a woman alleged that she was sexually assaulted by a man she met through an online dating site.

The incident happened near Finch Avenue East and Markham Road on Jan. 27 and police have issued a warrant for the arrest of a man who calls himself "Dante" on dating apps. He's wanted on charges of sexual assault and forcible confi
nement.
Order a 'Diana'

Instead of asking for Angela, staff at the Maple Leaf Tavern say order a "Diana" and they will come to the table to help.
rbbm.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...lice-and-bar-owners-have-some-ideas-1.4515457
A not-for-profit organization in the Church and Wellesley neighbourhood is working on launching a safe check-in program, says Haran Vijayanathan, executive director of the Alliance for South Asian Aids Prevention (ASAAP).

"They can email us with some basic information so we have a way to contact them and they can contact us. If anything happens we can follow up with them," he said.

ASAAP's hope is that Torontonians who don't have friends or family they can check in with will use this service and also accelerate the missing persons process if something goes wrong.

"I think everyone is fearful of what happened," said Vijayanathan.

What a great response from the homeowner of Mallory crescent when asked what it was like entering their home.

Such a contrast between these people, and the person who turned their life upside down.

They sound like stand up people. I was very impressed also.

Please nothing in Yorkville or Haliburton!!!!!:tantrum:

Please nothing in Yorkville or Haliburton!!!!!:tantrum:

This is one situation where "Not in my backyard" is entirely justifiable. The horror is that for so many people from Toronto and a lot of southern Ont., people are going to realize that far fewer than 6 degrees of separation is the reality with BM.

Also, I still remain completely amazed at the amount of folks that weren't aware of Project Houston or Project Prism. Many people, even with the coverage it received, may not have know Andrew was missing or had seen his picture. I know it's a crazy thought for us on WS, but it's true. Not everyone is as informed or in the loop as we are.

I found this astounding and enraging.

From CBC link.
Police are also asking for the public's help in finding a suspect after a woman alleged that she was sexually assaulted by a man she met through an online dating site.

The incident happened near Finch Avenue East and Markham Road on Jan. 27 and police have issued a warrant for the arrest of a man who calls himself "Dante" on dating apps. He's wanted on charges of sexual assault and forcible confi
nement.
Photo and name of " Dante " now provided.
http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/40226

Amazing work by the K9 units! These dogs are so invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suns12035