Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...rthur-to-make-court-appearance-wednesday.html
By Peter Goffin
Feb. 28, 2018
Prosecutor Michael Cantlon told the court that the Crown had turned initial evidence over to McArthur’s defence, and would have more evidence to give them by the next court date, scheduled for March 14.

Most of the proceedings, which were under a court-ordered publication ban, dealt with technicalities related to McArthur’s latest murder charge, laid last week, and transportation problems that prevented authorities from bringing him to court to hear that charge in person.
McArthur appeared by video link from a Toronto detention centre Wednesday wearing an orange jumpsuit, his white goatee grown long, with wisps of hair covering his jaw.

He spoke only to say his name at the beginning of the appearance and to thank the court at the end.
“He looks tired, I’m happy about that, but I can’t be vengeful, I just can’t,” Ted Healy said. “Anger, that’s all I have.”

Healy said he was the last person to see Kinsman alive, the day after Toronto’s Pride Parade last year.

“I really want to know what happened,” he said. “The (court) process is slow and it’s agonizing seeing this drawn out. I really want it to end.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mcarthur-court-appearance-wednesday-1.4554446
The appearance was procedural, and was over in about 10 minutes — but from the audience, Ted Healey, a close friend of one of McArthur's alleged victims, was watching him closely.
"I have no feelings toward him other than anger," said Healey outside of court. "He looks scared, he looks sad."

Healey was friends for two decades with Andrew Kinsman, one of the six men McArthur is accused of killing. Healey and Kinsman worked together at the Black Eagle, a bar on Church Street, and were even roommates for a time.

He said he's been attending McArthur's court appearances, however brief, in search of answers.
I just want Andrew represented properly and I want to know what happened," Healey said. "I want to know why. I want an explanation."

CP24 reporter confirms that McArthur has lost a lot of weight since being incarcerated.

:eek:
https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/bruce-mcarthur-toronto-gay-lgbt-murders-facebook/
attachment.php
I respect this isn't the venue for humour, but there are so many comical tags for this pic........

Where is this house? Whose home is this?

Hate to say it but there are planters on the stairs. Wonder if this was one of his house sitting gigs?
Seems to have brought a chair down to greet the children.

Where is this house? Whose home is this?
Not sure where the pic was taken, it was from his fb.
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...en-from-torontos-gay-village-was-a-mall-santa
In 2016, he posted a photo of police at Toronto Pride with the caption “Happy Pride.” A photo of him from Halloween shows him dressed up in black robes and handing out candy to a little girl. His other posts include puppies eating bananas and he appears to be well-travelled.

Maybe that place should be checked out. There are raised planters at ground level with foliage seen on the right side. Is it my imagination or do those look new-ish? He may have 'gardened' there too.

If he's losing weight, wonder if he's on a hungry strike?

CP24 reporter confirms that McArthur has lost a lot of weight since being incarcerated.

I thought that from the court sketches. Good. (I doubt it's a hunger strike - probably the jail grub isn't quite up to his standards.)

I thought that from the court sketches. Good. (I doubt it's a hunger strike - probably the jail grub isn't quite up to his standards.)

He is on suicide watch so it's possible he's not eating much - I am sure this is why he's only appeared via video too (too much risk in transporting him?).

He is on suicide watch so it's possible he's not eating much - I am sure this is why he's only appeared via video too (too much risk in transporting him?).

Going on a hunger strike makes a lot of sense. It will eventually affect his health, sure he doesn't care and knows its all over for him now. Even if it doesnt kill him, he could have medical conditions that will be adversely affected by less/no food. Its the only thing he can now control as well, control is/was a big part of his life. he had control over those men in order to kill them.

He has nothing he can use to kill himself, being on suicide watch and all.

They spend more on prisoners food than they do for hospital patients. That disgusts me. Greatly.

Going on a hunger strike makes a lot of sense. It will eventually affect his health, sure he doesn't care and knows its all over for him now. Even if it doesnt kill him, he could have medical conditions that will be adversely affected by less/no food. Its the only thing he can now control as well, control is/was a big part of his life. he had control over those men in order to kill them.

He has nothing he can use to kill himself, being on suicide watch and all.

They spend more on prisoners food than they do for hospital patients. That disgusts me. Greatly.

ITA with your view on this. He can control NOT being cooperative with information and he can control what he does and doesn't eat.

ITA with your view on this. He can control NOT being cooperative with information and he can control what he does and doesn't eat.

Yep, he may never say a word and if he does can we believe him?

Just like Ted Bundy and many others.

OT I wonder what on earth his little grandchildren have been told. More victims who he supposedly loved.

I can’t access this link. My brother was 47 at the time of his disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member