Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the courts for tomorrow and didn't see McArthur's name on any of the lists (for Toronto).

I'll hazard a guess and say they will announce they've identified some more remains. :(

jmo

I checked the courts for tomorrow and didn't see McArthur's name on any of the lists (for Toronto).
I suspect they will be formally identifying the remains found in the planter

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

BM’s next court appearance is Feb 28th. I don’t expect to see him in there before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect they will be formally identifying the remains found in the planter

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Unless they found medical/dental records for any remains (or rushed DNA results which so far they have been very sure about that part taking months, there have been no indications of them rushing these) I don’t know if it’s identifying remains for certain. Det. Idsinga did mention in his The National interview about remains being buried in multiple planters at multiple properties. I think tomorrow we will learn that for certain remains were found at other properties besides Mallory and possibly that there are more than the original 6 found in the first 5 planters at Mallory.

Someone on CP24 said they are going back to when BM was in his 20s, checking missing persons lists.
With him having been a travelling salesman, all over Ontario, good luck with that.....it will take a huge amount of work and time.

The fact is, those missing people deserve respect and their families deserve to know what happened to them.

This guy may have killed how many??

Im wondering if he had any of his 'employees' help him over the landscaping years? i.e. accomplices who may/may not be alive?

Accused serial killer Bruce McArthur is expected to be slapped with another first-degree murder charge on Friday morning.

Toronto Police have scheduled a news conference to update the media on the investigation into the 66-year-old self-employed landscaper and investigators wouldn’t officially reveal any details on Thursday.

But sources told the Sun that a sixth murder charge will be laid and police have identified the remains of six victims while two remain a mystery.

http://ottawasun.com/news/local-new...urce/wcm/58b2afad-2d1a-4b84-bc45-e125c1dd2d4b

Accused serial killer Bruce McArthur is expected to be slapped with another first-degree murder charge on Friday morning.

Toronto Police have scheduled a news conference to update the media on the investigation into the 66-year-old self-employed landscaper and investigators wouldn’t officially reveal any details on Thursday.

But sources told the Sun that a sixth murder charge will be laid and police have identified the remains of six victims while two remain a mystery.

http://ottawasun.com/news/local-new...urce/wcm/58b2afad-2d1a-4b84-bc45-e125c1dd2d4b

Thank you for this! Sad that Ottawa has better sources than local news ;)

That said, I am having a hard time with 2 statements:

The source claims 6 remains have been identified with 2 remains unidentified so far (which would mean they found 2 new remains) and then the photographs of 8 victims with 2 unidentified sounds similar to the remains claim, so I’m not sure if it’s factual or sloppy reporting?

Hopefully the investigators will get some exif data off of those photos to tell where and when they were taken. Hopefully this could help them ID the 2 victims they haven't been able to ID.

I can only assume the photos found were of not alive men!!! Wasn’t there more murder charges than remains at the start?? Moo

I can only assume the photos found were of not alive men!!! Wasn’t there more murder charges than remains at the start?? Moo

Yes, I think that is how they got the additional 3 murder charges without the bodies..

Also, there were no remains at the start. They had enough evidence to charge with Andrew and Selim’s murders, adding the other 3 later. The last update we had was that 6 separate remains had been found, one belonging to Andrew. So there could be anywhere from 1 additional charge (meaning the other 4 bodies belonged to the men he was already charged for plus one extra) up to 5 additional charges if the remains don’t match the men already known.

2003 court recording reveals details of Bruce McArthur assault case

“The complainant is also admitting he advertised in gay publications as a male hustler . . . . He’s acknowledging that Mr. McArthur certainly could have known about that reputation and by letting Mr. McArthur into the building, had allowed Mr. McArthur to believe that there was a potential opportunity for sex.”

No sexual encounter took place that day, Leshner said. The victim had been working on his Halloween costume, and thought about showing it to McArthur.

Instead, he was hit numerous times from behind by McArthur with a metal pipe that he had brought with him. McArthur had carried the pipe with him on other days, as he “apparently was concerned with issues of safety and security as a result of the subculture involving street hustlers,” Leshner said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...s-details-of-bruce-mcarthur-assault-case.html

Meanwhile, McArthur went to police headquarters shortly after the attack, Leshner said. The police were able to match what he was saying with the victim’s 911 call.

“It’s fair to say that Mr. McArthur acknowledged the assault, and he said ‘I don’t know why I did it,’ ” Leshner said.

The victim was released from hospital that same evening. “It’s fair to say that this incident has traumatized the victim,” Leshner said.

In April 2003, McArthur received a conditional sentence of two years less a day, and three years’ probation. Part of the conditions included being barred from an area of the city that included the gay village and from spending time with “male prostitutes.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...s-details-of-bruce-mcarthur-assault-case.html

Meanwhile, McArthur went to police headquarters shortly after the attack, Leshner said. The police were able to match what he was saying with the victim’s 911 call.

“It’s fair to say that Mr. McArthur acknowledged the assault, and he said ‘I don’t know why I did it,’ ” Leshner said.

The victim was released from hospital that same evening. “It’s fair to say that this incident has traumatized the victim,” Leshner said.

In April 2003, McArthur received a conditional sentence of two years less a day, and three years’ probation. Part of the conditions included being barred from an area of the city that included the gay village and from spending time with “male prostitutes.”

Say he was already murdering in 2003.. Do you think he would come forward for the attack after realizing that he could be identified? Maybe police didn't investigate him further after he took responsibility for it. Or could this have been the start? Thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Say he was already murdering in 2003.. Do you think he would come forward for the attack after realizing that he could be identified? Maybe police didn't investigate him further after he took responsibility for it. Or could this have been the start? Thoughts.
My first thought on reading it was another murder attempt.

Voter turnout only 47 %.
It may not be a true and accurate account given not everyone turned out to vote, but it's certainly a glimpse into how the majority feels, given the 86%.

He won't be in court today. It's a police update, not a court appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste