Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is so disturbing:(

JMO, but all along I’ve been wondering if perhaps his first victim, Navaratnam, was an accident. Given the type of sex he was into, maybe one day it just went to far. When he realized he’d killed his partner of 10 years, he panicked and got rid of the body. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me given his first (known) victim was his long term partner and he was an old grandpa who played Santa Claus. Then, he discovered he liked pushing to the brink of death and often to death.

But now seeing the comparison of Purvis, I’ll be surprised if it’s not him. The nose and eye brows look identical to me. The wild beard matches his wild hair in the missing person pic. MOO

I highly doubt it was an accident. The fact that he went on to kill others just shows it was something he enjoyed. I don't think there is one person on this planet that became a serial killer because they accidentally killed someone. It is something you are born with.

And who says Navaratnam was his first?

I highly doubt it was an accident. The fact that he went on to kill others just shows it was something he enjoyed. I don't think there is one person on this planet that became a serial killer because they accidentally killed someone. It is something you are born with.

Actually, it is possible. It doesn’t always happen with an accidental first kill. Exposure to someone else’s blood, pulling someone from a wreck, performing CPR on someone, etc.. yes something has to be wrong for it to happen.. but sometimes it isn’t someone jumping right into killing. Even serial killers can “cool off” and a trigger can start them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that a serial killer such as BM didn't just wake up one day wanting to kill another human being, let alone several many. There is real scientific evidence pointing to the background history of serial killers that in retrosepct would hint toward them eventually committing homicide. IMO
I think I read somewhere that in cases of sexually motivated homicide, there is often a history of sexual abuse.

This case is so disturbing:(

JMO, but all along I’ve been wondering if perhaps his first victim, Navaratnam, was an accident. Given the type of sex he was into, maybe one day it just went to far. When he realized he’d killed his partner of 10 years, he panicked and got rid of the body. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me given his first (known) victim was his long term partner and he was an old grandpa who played Santa Claus. Then, he discovered he liked pushing to the brink of death and often to death.

But now seeing the comparison of Purvis, I’ll be surprised if it’s not him. The nose and eye brows look identical to me. The wild beard matches his wild hair in the missing person pic. MOO

There has been nothing to suggest Skanda and BM we’re still together sexually at that point. In fact, Skanda’s family has said that he told them he was scared of BM because of his violent behaviour. So in MOO the idea Skanda’s was accidental is not viable.

I see the similarities as well.

0a165e16ccff6c8ed0fa0889285c328d.jpg

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.c...from it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parents, this is a real life reason NOT to encourage your kids to love Santa! I cringe every Christmas time seeing parents coax their little kids onto Santa's lap. Kids crying and begging not to be near him. Well, listen to your babies. That Santa photo will mean nothing to the kids. JMO!

All these killers scare me. You can't look at someone and see evil. You just can't! So you never truly know if that person in line with your at the grocery store, or the person at the amusement park is a killer. Makes you think different about life.

All these men missing for so long, and parts found in planters. Just think if one was near a business you go in weekly, and you've walking by your deceased loved one and didn't know it. Creepy!

I pray with all the evidence they are now finding, more of the remains are identified, and the victims he photographed, or videoed will be identified. Their loved ones have to be so anxious. Some may not have known their loved one was gay, and then will find out when they are identified. It's just overwhelming thinking of all the victims he has left! Not only the ones he physically killed, but their family, friends, loved ones, and the investigators having to find the remains and view the evidence, the innocent people that checked him out at stores or had their kids on his lap as Santa. So many victims.

There has been nothing to suggest Skanda and BM we’re still together sexually at that point. In fact, Skanda’s family has said that he told them he was scared of BM because of his violent behaviour. So in MOO the idea Skanda’s was accidental is not viable.

Do you happen to know if this was ever reported to LE when Skanda first went missing? If the family/friends did in fact mention this important piece of info to LE then I have to say that LE truly failed this poor man - that it would take nearly 8 years to capture his alleged killer.

Do you happen to know if this was ever reported to LE when Skanda first went missing? If the family/friends did in fact mention this import peice of info to LE then I have to say that LE truly failed this poor man - that it would take nearly 8 years to capture his alleged killer.

It’s been nearly 2 months of information retention, so please forgive me (and anyone else, feel free to chime in!) the problem is that Skanda’s family was not questioned about BM (in fact, the police would have heard that tidbit AND would have gotten Skanda’s computer which they missed them getting rid of just days prior to showing up on their doorstep after BM’s arrest. This part is what frustrates me. If I had a decade long relationship end and I go missing within 2 years following said end.. would my ex partner not be looked at? Throw in the fact that they weren’t just decade-long partners (adding that it appears Skanda was his first gay relationship as they were dating before the divorce) but occasionally worked together too. BM still had Skanda on his FB account at time of arrest. The police believed that all 3 men returned to country of origin (Sri Lanka, Afghanistan’s, and Iraq.. sound like places gay men -particularly openly gay men- would run to? Especially with their passports still in their homes??)

It’s been nearly 2 months of information retention, so please forgive me (and anyone else, feel free to chime in!) the problem is that Skanda’s family was not questioned about BM (in fact, the police would have heard that tidbit AND would have gotten Skanda’s computer which they missed them getting rid of just days prior to showing up on their doorstep after BM’s arrest. This part is what frustrates me. If I had a decade long relationship end and I go missing within 2 years following said end.. would my ex partner not be looked at? Throw in the fact that they weren’t just decade-long partners (adding that it appears Skanda was his first gay relationship as they were dating before the divorce) but occasionally worked together too. BM still had Skanda on his FB account at time of arrest. The police believed that all 3 men returned to country of origin (Sri Lanka, Afghanistan’s, and Iraq.. sound like places gay men -particularly openly gay men- would run to? Especially with their passports still in their homes??)

It frustrates me as well to learn, bit by bit, that LE truly failed these men.
Gay men do not return to countries they fled - in fact, most refugees don't!

This article, written by a gay man of colour gives some perspective on why racialized gay men are doubly marginalized, "and lower priorities in the eyes of the law."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/jp-lar...n-of-colour-a-white-killer-s-prey_a_23354740/

IMO, we still struggle with eurocentricism in the police force.

Re: Purvais. Idsinga said they had exhausted everything already trying to figure out who this is. Would they have not compared to the seemingly small pool of Canadian/Ontarian missing persons files already? Or are we still comparing with the thought they could have been incompetent or just need fresh eyes?

I do wish we knew approximate dates on this. I know the police source said the files were cached.. but I’m sure they could have pulled information from it?

I don't know much about what LE has or has not done to exhaust their investigation to identify the UID, but could it be possible that they missed Kalon Purvis because they were looking for men that would fit the ethnicity/racial profile of previous victims. Or, that LE had som info from Mr. Purvis' dissappearance that weakened the connection to BM. Or, that they truly missed it! JMO

Re: Purvais. Idsinga said they had exhausted everything already trying to figure out who this is. Would they have not compared to the seemingly small pool of Canadian/Ontarian missing persons files already? Or are we still comparing with the thought they could have been incompetent or just need fresh eyes?

I do wish we knew approximate dates on this. I know the police source said the files were cached.. but I’m sure they could have pulled information from it?

When I was searching the RCMP database and found his profile, I couldn't believe my eyes.My gut told me to make a call and then I thought the police would have ran this lead already. Then I thought what if they didn't! I reported it out of the abundance of caution.

I by no means am judging the TPS. Just trying to help. We have no Idea as to the information they have that could explain them overlooking or exclude him. I just went through every missing male looking at facial characteristics. Remember, they are dealing with a vast amount of information where we are picking through what is available to the public. We have no idea what they are dealing with and I for one am not going to criticize them.

My mistake. I didn’t recall reading they broke up and so assumed they were together all along.

I was just thinking that since he had the drive to be the dominating one, it was all about power and making others suffer. One night, it went too far and it sparked something in him that he craved again and again. The ultimate power and suffering infliction. Plus, if he was his first, that would be one reason why he became a serial killer later than average. I probably am wrong. It was just a thought.

Maybe BM had " exhausted " all potential victims that were essentially strangers to him?
When he ran out of " options " ended up victimizing the people with whom he did have a relationship and therefore much easier to trick?
Wondering if he ( allegedly ) killed when victims either asked to be paid, or became suspicious of his activities?
All speculation, imo.

Maybe BM had " exhausted " all potential victims that were essentially strangers to him?
When he ran out of " options " ended up victimizing the people with whom he did have a relationship and therefore much easier to trick?
Wondering if he ( allegedly ) killed when victims either asked to be paid, or became suspicious of his activities?
All speculation, imo.

Or he learned from experience and went from one vulnerable sector to another? Changing patters would throw off the investigation. He may have done this consciously or sub-consciously as he became more sophisticated?

Thank you so much for posting this. I keep having to report the photos because they scare the crap out of me and I feel if we wanted to discuss them we should on a thread made for that UID, just like every other UID. I know there are others like me who like to avoid those threads specifically because the pictures are too graphic/nitemarish to look at and the main discussion here is not identifying the man. I don’t mean to sound harsh at all and I know we all mean well, I am just hesitant to come on this thread and participate for fear of seeing that photo and having nightmares again as I live alone with my dog [emoji24][emoji15][emoji22]. IMO Thank you my fellow sleuths!!!

All speculation, imo.

How do we feel about the fact that for every scary encounter or encounter that ended in death, that there seems to be a similar amount of men that have experiences with him that were normal? What if not only his method of murder was varied (asphyxiation, beating, etc) but his reasons were varied as well (jealousy, anger, silencing)? I think it’s a huge probability and the scariest one.

How do we feel about the fact that for every scary encounter or encounter that ended in death, that there seems to be a similar amount of men that have experiences with him that were normal? What if not only his method of murder was varied (asphyxiation, beating, etc) but his reasons were varied as well (jealousy, anger, silencing)? I think it’s a huge probability and the scariest one.

I have sooooooo many questions about BM's MO (modus operandi ), it's scary.

When I was searching the RCMP database and found his profile, I couldn't believe my eyes.My gut told me to make a call and then I thought the police would have ran this lead already. Then I thought what if they didn't! I reported it out of the abundance of caution.

I by no means am judging the TPS. Just trying to help. We have no Idea as to the information they have that could explain them overlooking or exclude him. I just went through every missing male looking at facial characteristics. Remember, they are dealing with a vast amount of information where we are picking through what is available to the public. We have no idea what they are dealing with and I for one am not going to criticize them.
Also it could be possible that Kalon has no living relatives any longer and maybe there is no DNA on file.for him and so maybe that is one of the reasons LE could not link to Kalon.
No offence to Kalon is his family but there does not appear to be anyone looking for him. [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53
Back