Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A former friend of Todd’s remembers McArthur’s new home in Toronto as a three-bedroom condo, which he shared with his roommate and where Todd had a room. One night when the friend, who asked to remain anonymous, visited Todd while his father was out, he made a startling discovery in the bathroom attached to McArthur’s room.

“There was a collage of developed photos of naked men with erections,” he told the Star, saying most of the men appeared to be “East Indian” and that Todd said they were men his father knew.

The topic of the photos came up at breakfast, the friend said, and the elder McArthur just “laughed it off ... (He) wasn’t hiding them from anyone. They were in plain sight.”
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ce-mcarthur-hid-in-plain-sight-for-years.html

IMO LE needs to look into the parents' deaths.

His father died from a brain tumour. It was in the TL article awhile back.
Both were natural deaths. Some lady who helped nurse them was impressed with BM and his wives' frequent visits during their illnesses. He was the devoted son.

Don't assume he worked at the Eaton Centre. All we know for sure is he worked for Eaton's as a salesman from about 1972 or 1973 to 1978 or so. There is even some dispute on those years. Eaton's had stores all over Ontario and Canada. So far not a single report (and this is precisely the information I've been looking for) has stated the address where he lived much less the city. It's very possible he serviced areas outside the GTA and also possible he worked from home and didn't work anywhere near Eaton's head office in downtown Toronto.

Don't assume he worked at the Eaton Centre. All we know for sure is he worked for Eaton's as a salesman from about 1972 or 1973 to 1978 or so. There is even some dispute on those years. Eaton's had stores all over Ontario and Canada. So far not a single report (and this is precisely the information I've been looking for) has stated the address where he lived much less the city. It's very possible he serviced areas outside the GTA and also possible he worked from home and didn't work anywhere near Eaton's head office in downtown Toronto.

I understood him to be a travelling salesman throughout mid/northern Ontario. He was placing orders for both Eatons and Stanfields underwear/socks for about 15 years in total. (two different jobs obviously not at the same time) He would have been on the road most of the week.

As for his residences, I believe he was in Oshawa most of the time, after graduation from high school.
He was 36 yrs old when he and Janice purchased their home where they raised their children.

But if there is a question of if he was involved with any other murders between graduation around 1970 and 1981 when we know he was in Oshawa, facts of where exactly he lived are required. So far I haven't seen any in any article. So far there have been rumours he was in Toronto, Oshawa, further east and some say further north. But rumours and a dollar will get you a coffee.

There's virtually an entire decade of the 70's that nobody knows where he was. Sure they mention Eaton's, but they were all over Canada. People he knew have been willing to talk about everything they knew about the guy, but no one who knows where he was in the 70's has said very much beyond he worked at Eaton's.

Something seems a bit weird there.

We do not know but the police may know. There would be employment records, taxation records and if they rented, possibly the lease or a record of the lease would be available to the police. Janice would also have similar records if she worked in the early years of their marriage.

As Det. Insinga says, theres a lot going on behind the scenes.

Speculating here, but maybe some people are reluctant to say much about him, it seems BM hasn't said anything to the TPS and his family are under no obligation to speak to the TPS about him/themselves.

Seeing as he was able to fit in almost everywhere, it just makes it harder for people to remember him as well.
If he lived in the apartment next door but was quiet, polite and even quite friendly, twenty or thirty years later you wouldn't recall. We had nice neighbours in apartment buildings and I couldn't tell you who they were simply because it was so long ago.

If he had a job where he criss crossed large parts of Ontario, it boggles the mind how many people he could have killed over the years. A travelling salesman has lots of opportunity.

Came across this article (dated Feb 2018) on BM, which claims "Accused serial killer’s methods eerily match Stephen King story"

In Stephen King’s macabre short story “The Lawnmower Man,” a sex-crazed landscaper murders and dismembers the suburban homeowner who hires him to cut his overgrown lawn.

The tale ends when detectives arrive and end up trying to gather up the victim’s remains, which are scattered in a backyard birdbath and throughout the expanse of freshly mown grass.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/03/accused-serial-killers-methods-eerily-match-stephen-king-story/

After reading this piece, I am speculating if BM may have burned some of the victims and spread their ashes at different sites/same property. Wondering if he may have had access to an incinerator - He would have definitely heard about the use of it in the DM murder case.

I know it's a wild speculation but a possibility.

Revenue Canada can look back at his tax history and it should show who he worked for during specific time lines. Just taking a guess!
But if there is a question of if he was involved with any other murders between graduation around 1970 and 1981 when we know he was in Oshawa, facts of where exactly he lived are required. So far I haven't seen any in any article. So far there have been rumours he was in Toronto, Oshawa, further east and some say further north. But rumours and a dollar will get you a coffee.

There's virtually an entire decade of the 70's that nobody knows where he was. Sure they mention Eaton's, but they were all over Canada. People he knew have been willing to talk about everything they knew about the guy, but no one who knows where he was in the 70's has said very much beyond he worked at Eaton's.

Something seems a bit weird there.

Re posting these links and wondering about BM's travels, also noting his last fb entry was a year ago.
rbbm.
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/who-is-bruce-mcarthur-super-creepy-man-you-got-bad-vibes
McArthur last posted on his Facebook page last March 11 from the Beautiful Birds social media page.

What is known — if his diminishing Facebook friends are any indication — is that the white-haired suspect had a penchant for younger, dark-haired men.

There are at least 30 among his listed friends, most of them Middle Eastern or South Asian. Democracy in Iran appeared to be one of his causes.
More recently, it appears McArthur was involved with another swarthy man of apparent Iranian background named Ardavan (the Sun is withholding his last name) who travelled with the older man to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, last February.

Like the men who vanished, he appears to be in his late 30s or early 40s.

McArthur posted dozens of photos of the pair enjoying the gardens, meals and the beach, all the while gushing about the adventure.

“We are going to back-track his movements and his whereabouts well back into the 1970s. We’re going to look at cold cases from the 70s, 80s, 90s, whether we discover anything, I don’t know yet,” Idsinga told CP24.

Police said they are investigating McArthur’s travel to foreign countries as part of the investigation, but would not elaborate.

We know it can be traced where he lived through tax records, it's what's available in open source. Voters lists, census information can also be used, but we don't even know what city to start in yet.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-police-investigations-of-disappearances.html

But because of the ongoing nature of the police investigation into Bruce McArthur and the pending criminal trial, the external review will be limited in how much it can specifically examine disappearances linked to the accused serial killer.

Tory’s motion, however, states the terms of reference for the proposed review could include police policies, training and organizational structures and more that are “related to missing persons investigations, which will not include any information or discussion of the McArthur investigation and possible trial proceedings".

~RBBM

^^^^ Oshawa would be a good start. Its not hard to trace public records. Not even for an amateur.

Police can access an awful lot of information just from your drivers license/medical records.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...to-police-dealings-with-bruce-mcarthur-lgbtq/

As officials ponder whether to call a public inquiry into past Toronto police dealings with alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur, a key issue will be whether such a proceeding has to wait until the end of the criminal court case against Mr. McArthur.

A group of Toronto LGBTQ advocates has announced they will press for an immediate start to a public inquiry. A press conference is expected Thursday.

“There’s a very big and important difference in that the inquiry in Ontario will not be looking at McArthur but will be looking at the police,” Mr. Fraser said.

“I don’t think there’s much prejudice to him in connection with this inquiry,” he added.

There has been a lot of talk about how McArthur hid remains in planters around the city. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to this point haven't all the remains come from planters found in the Mallory Cres storage garage?

There has been a lot of talk about how McArthur hid remains in planters around the city. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to this point haven't all the remains come from planters found in the Mallory Cres storage garage?
http://www.metronews.ca/news/canada...r-bruce-mcarthur-hid-in-plain-sight-for-.html
Police uncovered the remains of seven people hidden in large planters at a Leaside home where McArthur worked
In other serial murder sprees, dismemberment occurs in only about four per cent of cases and, then, its purpose is almost exclusively to make a body easier to dispose of, not as part of a “very sadistic” fantasy. It’s even more unusual, the criminologist continues, when the bodies of the deceased, or body parts, are transported and concealed. When that does happen it is almost never in a city.
screen-shot-2018-03-19-at-8-29-02-am.png.size.xxlarge.promo.png
Torstar News Service

Police searched 30 properties connected to Bruce McArthur's landscaping business, including several homes where he worked as a gardener.

Isn't the "Leaside home where he worked" the home on Mallory? So no remains have been found anywhere besides in the garage at the Mallory address? That kind of goes against the headlines that say he was hiding bodies in plain sight doesn't it?
Yes, the home on Mallory is where the remains have been found in large planters, not sure if they were outside the home or in the garage.
The pic posted above is a different location where BM has presumably worked as a gardener and possibly one of the places where more planters were removed.
imo, speculation.

Yes, the home on Mallory is where the remains have been found in large planters, not sure if they were outside the home or in the garage.
The pic posted above is a different location where BM has presumably worked as a gardener and possibly one of the places where more planters were removed.
imo, speculation.

Thanks. So absolutely nothing found outside of Mallory..... yet.

Isn't the "Leaside home where he worked" the home on Mallory? So no remains have been found anywhere besides in the garage at the Mallory address? That kind of goes against the headlines that say he was hiding bodies in plain sight doesn't it?

No, there are remains all over the city in at least 30 different homes. Might find more as the ground defrosts and they do more 'exploration' of other gardens. MSM named some of the streets but I cannot recall their addresses other than upper class neighbourhoods. Everyone thought he was a lovely man.

Attachments

• bruce-mcarthur-2.png
    bruce-mcarthur-2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 233

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members