Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/toronto-gay-village-killings

BM had, in fact, worked in downtown Toronto for Eaton's as someone here had previously suggested.

I wonder how he could afford to by other employees such extravagant gifts.

Re:buying extravagant gifts

Several of the serial killings at that time were thefts as well. Credit cards stolen in one instance. It’s easy to buy nice gifts when it’s not your money being used🤷🏻*♀️ now, can’t say anything about cash, but I wonder if the stolen credit cards were ever used.. so many questions. Lots of similarities and differences here.. I hope it was BM so these families and friends can have answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like McArthur had a Christmas fixation too. Mall Santa, collector of Christmas Village figurines.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/toronto-gay-village-killings

I have wondered if BM has an accomplice. They mention this guy in the article “[FONT=&quot]They released a composite drawing of an East or West Indian man, aged 25 to 27, with thin features and a medium brown complexion.” He was spotted with one of the victims as they left a bar in the Gay Village in the 70s. Odd that so many of the present day victims are a similar ethnicity. [/FONT]

These 1970s murders echo present day killings — bound, beaten and from what I have heard from many sources stabbed.

The person BM beat with the metal pipe that banned BM from downtown Toronto is a drag queen. They were not romantically involved. The person invited BM to the Co-op (living quarters) to show off a new dress for an upcoming performance. The attack was completely out of the blue. The drag queen escaped. I think BM turned himself in to cover up his other murders. The ban from that area of the city covers a lot of geography and it was not enforced. The ban was meant to keep him away from the Co-op. BM did not return to the Co-op, he did however return to the area where he was banned during his probation and nothing was done. BM was known to always carry the metal pipe with him.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-ruling-out-1970s-gay-village-cold-cases.html

Between 1975 and 1978, police were confronted with 14 murders of gay men that followed a similar pattern of “overkill” in which the victims were in some cases tied up, beaten, and stabbed excessively.

Half of those cases have gone cold. McArthur would have been between about 23 and 26 years old at the time of those deaths.

Idsigna said he will likely be providing an update on the photo next week.

McArthur is due back in court on April 11.

From Puerto Vallarta: older article (Jan 21/18), shortly after BM's arrest.

http://outandaboutpv.com/toronto-gay-murder-suspect-known-to-vacation-in-puerto-vallarta/

There is reason to believe McArthur vacationed in Puerto Vallarta, but to what extent—a few days versus many months, or on multiple occasions, for example—is not clear.

[FONT=&amp]Two news stories identify Puerto Vallarta specifically as a vacation destination for the accused. [/FONT]In this story from the CBC[FONT=&amp], Vallarta is noted only as a caption to this photo (below). Upon close inspection, though, it appears the photo is taken at the [/FONT]Melia Cayo Guillermo[FONT=&amp] resort in Cuba.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]An [/FONT]article in the Toronto Sun[FONT=&amp], though, goes in better detail regarding McArthur’s visit to this city. In February of 2017, he posted to Facebook regarding a number of tourist stops and they appear to include the Vallarta Botanical Gardens, and (seriously, I’m just guessing here, based on the silk ropes reference) La Noche?[/FONT]

Interesting - Puerto Vallarta hosts an annual Bear Event every Jan/Feb. Given his reported preferences & his recent Feb 2017 visit to PV - likely a reason for his vacation to coincide with the yearly party?

A picture of him of might surface from the 100's of pictures posted on the site below?

Any missing persons reports from PV?

http://www.beefdip.com/photo-gallery/nggallery/beefdip-2017

Interesting - Puerto Vallarta hosts an annual Bear Event every Jan/Feb. Given his reported preferences & his recent Feb 2017 visit to PV - likely a reason for his vacation to coincide with the yearly party?

A picture of him of might surface from the 100's of pictures posted on the site below?

Two missing men from PV:

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindandbringhomecraiganddiego/

These 1970s murders echo present day killings — bound, beaten and from what I have heard from many sources stabbed.

The person BM beat with the metal pipe that banned BM from downtown Toronto is a drag queen. They were not romantically involved. The person invited BM to the Co-op (living quarters) to show off a new dress for an upcoming performance. The attack was completely out of the blue. The drag queen escaped. I think BM turned himself in to cover up his other murders. The ban from that area of the city covers a lot of geography and it was not enforced. The ban was meant to keep him away from the Co-op. BM did not return to the Co-op, he did however return to the area where he was banned during his probation and nothing was done. BM was known to always carry the metal pipe with him.
RBBM.

This is interesting. It's the first I've heard of both these statements, but I'm not surprised by either. May I ask how you know?

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/02/02/gay-village-stalked-by-a-serial-killera-second-time.html

The Star article summarizes the gay village murders that took place in the 70's. What strikes me is the time interval between the murders - the so-called emotional "cool off" period that serial killers experience. There seems to be a peak around Dec, Feb, and Sep. IMO, it makes sense that these murders were potenitally committed by the same person, and the gaps reflect the killer needing time to find victims, and to plan the murder. IMO

We see a similar resemblance to the timeline intervals between the recent murders allegedly committed by BM, but shorter time intervals between each, likely because he had better access to the gay community and easier means to dispose of the body. IMO

A. Kinsman: June 2017
S. Esen: April 2017
D. Lisowick: May 2016-July 2017 (some report last seen leave The Scott Mission in April 2016)
S. Mahmudi: August 2015
M. Kayhan.: October 2012
S. Navarantnam: Sep 2010

Feb. 18, 1975: Police attended the apartment of Arthur Harold Walkley, 52, in response to a 911 call at 3:50 a.m. that day. His roommate discovered his naked body, stabbed several times in the back and chest, though no knife was ever recovered by police. His wallets and credit cards were stolen during the attack on Borden St. near Bloor St. W. Walkley, a part-time University of Toronto lecturer, died shortly after arriving in hospital.

Dec. 20, 1975: Frederick John Fontaine was 32 when he died. Fontaine was found in the washroom of the St. Charles Tavern, a former bar with a landmark clock tower, popular in the early days of Toronto’s Gay Village. Officers attended the scene about 9 p.m., and found the CBC technician suffering from blunt force trauma. He died several months later in hospital, on July 15, 1976.

Feb. 11, 1976: Forty-two-year-old painter and decorator James Douglas Taylor was found beaten with a baseball bat in his North York apartment near Yonge St. and Sheppard Ave. He was also robbed. Neighbours told police at the time that a pickup truck was seen at the house, where he lived alone.

Sept. 20, 1976: Police discovered the body of James Stewart Kennedy, a federal income tax employee, at 8 a.m. on a Monday. The 59-year-old was strangled with a bath towel and suffering from blunt force trauma in his Jarvis St. apartment. He was dead by the time police arrived.

Jan. 25, 1977: Described in some media coverage as “shy and new on the gay scene,” 25-year-old Brian Dana Latocki, a financial bank analyst, was found tied to a bed in his apartment, strangled, and stabbed to death. Police responded to the scene on Erskine Ave., near Mt. Pleasant Rd. and Eglinton Ave. E., at 9:40 a.m. that day. The night before he was killed, he was last seen leaving the St. Charles Tavern.

Sept. 20, 1978: Perhaps one of the most high-profile deaths was of club owner Alexander “Sandy” Romeo LeBlanc, 29. He was found at 7:20 p.m., stabbed more than 100 times from head to foot. “As police walked around the body, the carpet squished from the sound of absorbed blood, and bloody footprints led to an open window,” Robin Hardy wrote in 1979. Despite attempts to resuscitate him, LeBlanc was pronounced dead in his apartment on St. Joseph St.

Nov. 28, 1978: Just after 2 p.m. that day, police responded to a “check address” call for a resident near Bathurst St. and St. Clair Ave. Inside an apartment, they found William Duncan Robinson, 25, dead from stab wounds. His sister made the call to police after he didn’t show up to work for two days. At the time, police believed he may have gone to a gay bar in the Yonge and College Sts. area, and returned home with the killer. A neighbour reported hearing a “strange hollow sound” coming from his apartment.

Among the 2017 pictures, I noticed a picture of a man that resembles Andrew Kinsman. Click on BeefDip tidal wave pool party 2017 gallary, first picture, bottom left, person looking at the camera.

http://www.beefdip.com/photo-galler...17-tidal-wave-beef-dip-fundraising-pool-party

IF BM committed the murders in the 70s, I suspect that the reason he stopped had to do with getting married and raising a family.

From what Ive read, there aren't enough serial murderers for them to be properly studied but the conclusions come down to two reasons for them 'resting'. Using that word makes me ill btw.

One is that they are in a psychotic state that ends, then later it recurs and they start up again or they marry and are busy raising children and living a seemingly 'normal' life. Then, they have another psychotic episode and start killing again.

Whatever happened, I just hope with all my heart that BM isn't found not guilty due to 'diminished capacity'.
There was something earlier (sorry, tired here) about him possibly having epilepsy and neurological problems that could possibly lead to that sort of outcome.

Some of those 'cases' do get out in a short period of time and go on to live amongst us.

Two have been featured on tv within the last two years.

One was at Brockville, he had killed his mother during a psychotic break and is now spending a lot of time with his family who are mostly forgiving.

The other was in the Maritimes, knew what he had done but said he wasn't responsible and he is back living amongst people who know what he's done and they are not happy that he's shopping alongside them.

He is free to live as he wishes but unable to work, therefore on benefits.

When found guilty, BM should be locked up until he dies, IMO.

I am still wondering if there were other remains found outside of the Leaside / Mallory property?

I cant find that there has been any other discoveries, but Hank Idsinga, the head of the McArthur investigation is quoted in this article as saying the following:

Idsinga described learning that remains were hidden in the planters as a rare moment of on-the-job anger.

"I was angry that this had gone on in this city for some time," he said. "It's one thing to kill them. It's quite another to dismember them. And then it's quite another to really quite callously put those remains into planters on properties of different people around the city. I've never seen anything quite like that."

So did BM actually put "remains into planters on properties of different people around the city" or not? If it is reported that he did, can you kindly provide me with a link?

IF BM committed the murders in the 70s, I suspect that the reason he stopped had to do with getting married and raising a family.

From what Ive read, there aren't enough serial murderers for them to be properly studied but the conclusions come down to two reasons for them 'resting'. Using that word makes me ill btw.

One is that they are in a psychotic state that ends, then later it recurs and they start up again or they marry and are busy raising children and living a seemingly 'normal' life. Then, they have another psychotic episode and start killing again.

Whatever happened, I just hope with all my heart that BM isn't found not guilty due to 'diminished capacity'.
There was something earlier (sorry, tired here) about him possibly having epilepsy and neurological problems that could possibly lead to that sort of outcome.

Some of those 'cases' do get out in a short period of time and go on to live amongst us.

Two have been featured on tv within the last two years.

One was at Brockville, he had killed his mother during a psychotic break and is now spending a lot of time with his family who are mostly forgiving.

The other was in the Maritimes, knew what he had done but said he wasn't responsible and he is back living amongst people who know what he's done and they are not happy that he's shopping alongside them.

He is free to live as he wishes but unable to work, therefore on benefits.

When found guilty, BM should be locked up until he dies, IMO.

Psychosis occurs with severe schizophrenia, a mental illness, and is usually time-limited, AFAIK. Psychopathy, which I think describes BM, is NOT an illness but a personality disorder. There's a huge difference. The Brockville case is heartbreaking, in that the son was in a state where he genuinely didn't know what he was doing, and his illness is now controlled. BM knew exactly what he was doing, and did it over a long period of time with planning and premeditation.

Given the gay village murders in the 70's were so long ago, it would be very challenging to determine whether committed by BM. If not DNA data, then LE would need to find trophies and soueniers that BM kept that link to the 70's murders. BM did seem to keep trophies from alleged recent murders, so it wouldn't surprise me that he had done the same with past murders, if any. IMO

I still wonder how BM obtained the Christmas village figurines.

Two news stories identify Puerto Vallarta specifically as a vacation destination for the accused. In this story from the CBC, Vallarta is noted only as a caption to this photo (below). Upon close inspection, though, it appears the photo is taken at the Melia Cayo Guillermo resort in Cuba.

An article in the Toronto Sun, though, goes in better detail regarding McArthur’s visit to this city. In February of 2017, he posted to Facebook regarding a number of tourist stops and they appear to include the Vallarta Botanical Gardens, and (seriously, I’m just guessing here, based on the silk ropes reference) La Noche?

http://outandaboutpv.com/toronto-gay-murder-suspect-known-to-vacation-in-puerto-vallarta/
This picture of BM was in fact taken at the "Hotel Melia Cayo Guillermo" in Cuba. Notice the name of the hotel on the "Welcome" mat, and compare the fountain and other details to the 2 images below.

bruce-mcarthur-january-18-2018.jpg

image source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bruce-mcarthur-toronto-gay-village-deaths-1.4494369

5206860866_13c0eef602.jpg

image courtesy of https://www.flickr.com/photos/solmeliacuba/sets/72157625466043874/

hotel-melia-cayo-guillermo_1.jpg

image source: http://www.cubahoteltravels.com/hotels-in-cuba/hotel-melia-cayo-guillermo.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back