GUILTY Canada - Const. Garrett Styles, 32, slain, Newmarket, Ont, 28 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rest in peace, Const. Garrett Styles. I hope that your loved ones find peace as well. I can imagine how proud they are of you.

I can't stand to follow the details of this case and how he must have suffured. I wonder what path the teenagers involved will choose to follow when they are free again. (Presuming and hoping they all get long sentences)

If in the States, you in the company of a person that is in commision of a crime with a firearm, eg, robbing a bank, and you are with them, and someone is killed, you would be charged with murder as well. Even if you are unarmed.

I don't know if we have the same law in Canada. The teenage girl who was riding in the car that killed the constable should be charged with the same crime as the driver.

Sgt Ryan Russell was killed in January and now Conts. Styles. It's just heartbreaking.

Thinking of you and your family today. How brave you were. As you were dying, you asked after the safety of those who ultimately took your life. You are a hero.

Thank you. You made the world a better place.

R.I.P. Officer Styles

Speech from his wife was very moving.

My Daughter was in attendance there today as she is
an Officer with Peel Region .

I watched a lot of the service on TV.

Crown wants adult sentence if boy, 15, convicted in death of police officer

Thu, 7 Jul, 2011

NEWMARKET, Ont. - The prosecution served notice on Thursday that it wants a teenager accused in the death of a police officer crushed by a minivan to be sentenced as an adult if he's eventually convicted.

The Crown's position was put to the court during a telephone call to the injured boy's hospital bed, where a first-degree murder charge had been previously read to him.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/crown-seek-adult-sentence-teen-accused-death-police-173540075.html

aww this just breaks my heart .. that poor man and his poor family they must be devistated and it was so hard to hear his last hours .. so sad

Every teenager in that car should have to sit down and listen to the entire 911 call repeatedly until they can recite every single word by heart.

THEY ALL killed a police officer that day. And officer who used his last dying breaths to voice concern over THEIR safety.

Sorry, girl in car who is publicly on Facebook shrugging off any guilt in all of this - you took part in what ended with a police officer's death.

thanks for the updates Joe

15 year old accused is a quadraplegic according to his atty

So? He caused his own injuries and the death of the officer when he made the choice to steal the van. Had he made a different choice, he'd still be able to walk and that 3-month old baby would still have a father.

His quadriplegia should not come into play during the trial.

From November 2015:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2341108/t...f-const-garrett-styles-to-be-sentenced-today/

A 19-year-old convicted of first-degree murder in the death of an Ontario police officer was spared from spending any time in custody after a judge found that the &#8220;catastrophic&#8221; injuries suffered by the youth as a result of his own actions were sentence enough.

Justice Alex Sosna instead sentenced the teen &#8211; who cannot be named &#8211; to a conditional supervision order for nine years for his role in the death of Const. Garrett Styles, who was killed in a crash north of Toronto in 2011...

Garrett&#8217;s father, Garry Styles, said the family was &#8220;very disappointed&#8221; with the decision.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back