Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ya ok I’ll get right on it. Names and addresses of people who have told me this. Lol

On websleuths we can only post information as fact if we have sources to back it up. Other websites might allow anything to be said, but not here.

I think so too. I have lots of questions still, I hope we can get more info at some point.

I think so too. I have lots of questions still, I hope we can get more info at some point.

Well the RCMP stating his death was not foul play is simply what they deduced from a first glance at his remains. I believe the chance that he commuted suicide is very slim. The final answer in the matter is forthcoming from the bc coroners service. However, if he was murdered, and his throat was cut or he was suffocated or poisened, and animal predation took enough of his remains away, then even a coroner won’t find evidence of homicide. So many questions. Why did he leave his vehicle running? Why did sniffer dogs track his scent to a nearby property by a pond then lose the scent? How did he end up nearly 15km away in the opposite direction through thick bush and logging roads without being seen, and in his steel toe work boots? I mean it’s no prob for a fit guy but still, it’s like he was running/hiding from someone under threat of death. And then what, just sit there in the sticks waiting to die from starvation?

I've never heard any confirmation that Ben and Ryan were ever roommates. I think that is a reach based on rumours and speculation. It was "someone who knew Ben" who made that statement, but I wouldn't put any truth to it unless confirmed by either TK or RCMP. I would think that if they had been roommates, the RCMP would have been more likely to group the cases together, or at least examine that a little more.

I've never heard any confirmation that Ben and Ryan were ever roommates. I think that is a reach based on rumours and speculation. It was "someone who knew Ben" who made that statement, but I wouldn't put any truth to it unless confirmed by either TK or RCMP. I would think that if they had been roommates, the RCMP would have been more likely to group the cases together, or at least examine that a little more.
This is why I'm wondering if a text was sent from his phone prior to him exiting the van. The RCMP have stated for months that they had no connection between Kilmer and the other 2, but, if they are playing close to the chest they withhold some information. Theories abound when we're left in a vacuum.

Very interesting. Thanks for catching that one. Location location indeed. I may be wrong of course but I’ve always felt dan and Ryan were picked up by someone they knew and had no reason to be afraid of, and we’re then driven to a residence where they were greeted by the handlers. It didn’t go well from there.
Was the time of death of d and r ever publicized?

Very interesting. Thanks for catching that one. Location location indeed. I may be wrong of course but I’ve always felt dan and Ryan were picked up by someone they knew and had no reason to be afraid of, and we’re then driven to a residence where they were greeted by the handlers. It didn’t go well from there.
Was the time of death of d and r ever publicized?
I'm reminded of the missing persons case of university student Taylor Samson in Halifax. Turned out he was a mid-level dealer and was killed by a med student who stole his delivery of marijuana. Dalhousie medical student sentenced to life in prison for 2015 drug murder | The Star

What I think is notable in that case, is the killer wasn't an established dealer with a network. He was probably a psychopath: he was desperate for quick money so he could pay for med school and not have to ask his parents for more!

I think in an isolated, end of the road place like Ucluelet, there'd be a steady but low demand for drugs, which would be supplied by a few established networks of trusted individuals and routines for regularly picking up the supply from some place like Nanaimo. That kind of business is relatively safe, if anyone is caught the charges are going to be minimal and you'll be back out soon. The goal is to make a comfortable living and keep police off your back. It seems very unlikely to me that a ruthless, organized cartel would choose to operate in Ucluelet. Much harder to keep secrets in a tiny town like that, for one thing.

Nothing has been released since they were found really... I guess they left it as a hit and the end of the story... 3 First Nations men's boat went down shortly after that and they all drowned except the 2 men from back east that rented or commandeered the boat for who knows what and that was all around the same time... more speculation on that part with this as well all leads, stories, or news has since gone cold. I live about 2 hours drive away and an hour from where Ben went missing so it was pretty intriguing at the time and then nothing. They found Ben as well (deceased) months later and in a wooded area a few hours walk from running van. He apparently had mental health issues?

Nothing has been released since they were found really... I guess they left it as a hit and the end of the story... 3 First Nations men's boat went down shortly after that and they all drowned except the 2 men from back east that rented or commandeered the boat for who knows what and that was all around the same time... more speculation on that part with this as well all leads, stories, or news has since gone cold. I live about 2 hours drive away and an hour from where Ben went missing so it was pretty intriguing at the time and then nothing. They found Ben as well (deceased) months later and in a wooded area a few hours walk from running van. He apparently had mental health issues?
I feel like they are using the “mental health issues” to deflect from the fact that Ben was involved in some unsavoury business. Seems to me he panicked about something or was intercepted by someone why the van was left running at the side of the road.

Soon after or a month or so after these disappearances there was a major drug bust in Chemainus a very small town outside of Duncan where Ben went missing also there was some real estate and drug issues with some shady dudes in Maple Bay another very small town on the other side of Duncan, BC at around the same time. So there were some very suspicious things going on around the time or shortly after. If you dig into it you can kind of put pieces together. Its a small island, there are people who know what happened and if you actually do put things together and put it out there I am pretty sure you will go for a walk in the woods and not be found for a while either... just saying. There is a lot of shady unsolved crimes on the island and the RCMP can barely solve shop lifting crime never mind intriguing twisting cases. Another mystery is Lisa Marie Young and lately - 2 years ago Makayla Chang, 16 year old girl who was murdered she hung out on the streets and her dad had gang relations... nothing but crickets on all fronts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back