Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
May 21 2022
Family, friends and community members spent Saturday searching an area of Spryfield, N.S., for 16-year-old Devon Sinclair Marsman, three months after his disappearance.

“Three months of torture,” his mother, Theresa Gray, said during the search party.

Marsman was last heard from the week of February 21. He is described as an African Nova Scotian youth, about five feet tall and 100 pounds, with blue-green eyes and short dark hair.

Halifax Regional Police have said there is no information to suggest he was met with foul play, but his loved ones are concerned for his safety.

Devon Sinclair Marsman, 16, was last heard from during the week of Feb. 21, 2022.

Devon Sinclair Marsman, 16, was last heard from during the week of Feb. 21, 2022. Halifax Regional Police
Gray believes her son went missing in Spryfield. On Saturday, dozens of searchers combed through the Roach’s Pond area in the hopes of finding some answers.''

''Theresa Gray says she has ‘lots of questions and no answers’ about the disappearance of her son. Alexa MacLean/Global News
She said his social media and bank accounts have been untouched since he disappeared.

Gray described her son as a good kid who didn’t get into trouble.

“Devon was never in trouble. Devon was a really good, quiet kid,” she said. “Respectful, kind, loving. Never gave me any trouble whatsoever.”

This article shows this info:

"The 16-year-old hasn't been seen since the week of Feb. 21. He was reported missing on March 4".

Just curious where everyone thought he was in the meantime? A friend's house, etc.? Was he still in school?

I just read some concerning comments on Mom's FB ("TG") that leads me to be especially worried for Devon. JMO MOO. I'm praying hard for him!

1653243805899.png

Name: Devon Sinclair Marsman
Ethnicity: other
Missing Since: February 21, 2022

Circumstances: Halifax Regional Police is seeking the public's help in locating a missing 16-year-old Halifax youth. Devon Sinclair Marsman was last heard from the week of February 21. He was reported missing on March 5. There is no information to suggest that Devon has met with foul play, however, police are concerned for his well-being. Officers request that Devon or anyone with information on his whereabouts call Halifax Regional Police at 902-490-5020.

Physical description: Devon is described as an African Nova Scotian youth. He was last seen wearing a hoodie and jeans.

If you have any information please contact Halifax Regional Police at 1-902-490-5020

7:22 audio interview with Devon's mom, T. G.

13 days ago

T. G. is searching for answers and has a new lead that she is hoping will help her find Devon, and bring him home.
  • Wed, 23 Feb Mom last saw Devon at home in evening
  • 24 Feb Devon was still sleeping when mom went to work
  • Taxi dropped Devon off @ cousin's house at 7pm 25 Feb
  • Confirmed by police
  • Info came from a voice audio of Devon calling taxi
  • Knows Devon went inside address where he was dropped off
  • She wonders:
    • Did something happen inside the residence? A cover up?
    • Did Devon leave the residence with someone else?
  • Cousin's story has changed numerous times (4-5)
    • 1st - Not being w/ Devon at all
    • 2nd - He didn't see him
    • Then - He's at his house
    • Then - He's sleeping and he wakes up, then Devon saw him
  • Mom didn't know Devon was ever hanging around the cousin until he vanished
  • People say they had seen him w/ cousin
  • Cousin is bad news; has a very long, extensive criminal record
  • Reports of sightings - confirmed that the person "hanging out/sleeping on the waterfront" is not Devon
  • Thinks cousin sent him w/ somebody; doesn't think Devon is in the area
    • Toronto?
    • Montreal?
  • Social media & bank accounts not used
  • Devon was close w/family; would reach out to family
  • Devon - Good kid. Nice, polite
  • Download/share posters
  • Report any tips/sightings

May 21 2022

RSBM
“You’re not in trouble in any way whatsoever, and if there’s any way you can reach out to me, I don’t care where you are, I would definitely come find you.”

Anyone with information on Marsman’s whereabouts are asked to call police at 902-490-5020. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers online or by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

rbbm.
''Are you looking to speak up without involving thepolice? Email finddevonmarsman@gmail.com & your identity will remain anonymous.

This is important to keep in mind. Whatever you know, once they confirm your tip is legit, the reward money of $10,000 is yours & will be paid to you anonymously.

Someone knows something & his mum, family & his friends want Devon found to bring closure to the torment all are going thru.

Please do the right thing. Speak up TODAY.''

July 26 2022
1661182243875.png

''Information Morning from CBC Radio Nova Scotia (Highlights) « »

Devon Sinclair Marsman's mother has a new lead into his disappearance

14 days ago ''

Oct 7 2022 Stuart Peddle

''HALIFAX, N.S. — Friday was Devon Sinclair Marsman's 17th birthday but there's no cake on the table, no presents waiting to be unwrapped.

Instead, his mother Theresa Gray doesn't know if he is alive or dead. But she fears the worst.

Devon disappeared Feb. 25 after taking a taxi to a location in Spryfield, Gray said in an interview Friday at lunchtime in her home. He was reported missing to police on March 4.

It's been seven months with no word, sightings or clues as to what happened to the small teen who stood five feet tall and weighed about 100 pounds.

“I don't even know how to put it into words,” Gray said. “I feel like I'm being tortured. Me and my kids are extremely close and there's no worse feeling than a mother searching for her son, right? Or searching for any child for that matter.”

''Gray has the word out across Canada looking for Devon or someone who might have word of him.

“I have some friends in Vancouver who put it (around) in downtown Vancouver. We have it in Calgary in Alberta. My friend went to Ottawa a few months ago to visit his son, we have it all through Ottawa. We have it in Quebec (and) Toronto, Montreal.''

''Investigators are asking Devon, or anyone with information on his whereabouts, to call police at 902-490-5020.''

"Certainly at this point, we do believe his disappearance is suspicious in nature and we do think that there are people that have information that haven’t come forward to police," said Halifax Regional Police Const. John Macleod.

"That makes me feel like they know he’s just not missing on his own accord. That something happened to him and somebody’s covering it up," said Theresa Gray, Marsman's mother.''

Published Nov. 29, 2022

The Nova Scotia government is offering up to $150,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the disappearance of Devon Sinclair Marsman.

The 16-year-old was last seen on Feb. 24 and reported missing to police on March 4.

Halifax Regional Police initially said they had no reason to suspect foul play in the teen’s disappearance.

However, in an October news release, the force said it believed Marsman’s disappearance was suspicious and there were people who had information about the missing teen who had not spoken to investigators.

The province reiterated Tuesday that people may have information that could result in Marsman being found.

"We urge anyone with information about this missing teenager to reach out to the rewards program," said Brad Johns, the attorney general and minister of justice, in a news release. "Investigators are asking for the public's help on behalf of his family."

TY, from link..rbbm

''The missing persons case of Devon Sinclair Marsman has been added to the government’s major crimes reward program.

A reward of up to $150,000 is available for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the disappearance of Devon, then 16, who was reported missing by family members on March 4.

Devon was last seen on February 24 in the Halifax area and since that time has not been in contact with anyone. He is described as an African Nova Scotian youth, about five feet tall and 100 pounds, with blue-green eyes and short dark hair. When last seen, he was wearing a hooded sweater and jeans.''

“This could be anybody’s child, but it’s my child. You know, Devon just turned 17 years old. I mean, if something happened … just tell me where to go find him or if you sent him away or somebody’s trafficked him, tell me where to go to get him, because I will definitely go.”

Meanwhile, Gray continues to search, and calls the experience torture.

“I have no holiday spirit whatsoever. But I do have a daughter that lives here. She’s 18. I wasn’t going to decorate or do anything for Christmas, you know?” she said,

“So what do you do? It’s like you’re torn. Because for me, I don’t feel like doing anything for Christmas. My Christmas would be if I could just find my son.”
1670550678712.png
'Anyone with information about his disappearance can call the Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program at 1-888-710-9090. Those who provide information must provide their name and contact information and may be called to testify in court.

Those with information who prefer to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).'

'He deserves to be found': Protesters gather in Halifax over 'mishandling' of missing teen's case

A group of protesters gathered in Halifax Wednesday afternoon to bring attention to the disappearance of Devon Sinclair Marsman almost a year after he was reported missing.

About two dozen people attended the protest outside Halifax Regional Police headquarters on Gottingen Street.

In a poster promoting the event, organizers described the protest as as a “peaceful stand against the mishandling and lack of support regarding Devon’s missing person’s case.”

Marsman's mom, who attended Wednesday's protest, feels his case has been mishandled by police and says there's been a lack of support.

“I can guarantee you, whether I find him on a good note or a bad note, I’m going to find my son," said Theresa Gray.

"I’m not going to stop and I’m not going to allow his case to be cold, whatsoever. He’s a really, really good kid and he deserves to be found.”

Marsman was last seen on Feb. 24, 2022 and reported missing to police on March 4, 2022. He was 16 at the time.

At that time, Halifax Regional Police said they had no reason to suspect foul play in the teen’s disappearance.

However, police said in October that they believed Marsman’s disappearance was suspicious.

Police have not provided an update on the investigation since then.

Halifax Regional Police Const. John MacLeod told CTV News in an emailed statement on Wednesday that investigators are following up on information about the teen's disappearance that has been shared with police.

"We believe there are people that have information on Devon's disappearance that they haven't shared with police," said MacLeod. "We encourage them to do the right thing for Devon and his family and come foward with what they know."

Previous events for Marsman included a search in Spryfield, where he was reportedly last seen, in May, and a candlelight vigil in Halifax in June to mark 100 days since his disappearance.

Marsman, now 17, is described by police as African Nova Scotian, about five feet tall and 100 pounds, with blue-green eyes and short dark hair.

He was wearing a hoodie and jeans the last time he was seen.

The Nova Scotia government is offering up to $150,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for Marsman’s disappearance.

Anyone with information on his case is asked to call the Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program at 1-888-710-9090, Halifax Regional Police at 902-490-5020, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

4 April 2024
The reward for information on the missing persons case of Devon Marsman has been increased to $250,000. (Contributed)

''The reward for information on the missing persons case of Devon Marsman has been increased to $250,000. (Contributed)
Family members reported 16-year-old Devon missing on March 4, 2022. He is described as an African Nova Scotian youth, about five feet tall and 100 pounds, with blue-green eyes and short dark hair. When last seen, he was wearing a hooded sweater and jeans.

His case was added to the major crimes reward program on November 29, 2022, with the standard reward of $150,000. Investigators believe there are people who may have information that could result in Devon being located.''

Sept 16 '24
1726518371382.png
'Two men have been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a Halifax teenager who went missing more than two years ago.'
'
Police have scheduled a news conference for Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. following charges being sworn in court. CTV News will livestream the news conference.'

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back