CANADA Canada - Donna Stearne & Wendy Tedford, both 17, Toronto, 26 Apr 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reading those old news articles, it seems possible that the girls might have been hitch-hiking, or accepted a ride from someone they did not know well, imo.
Maybe they were followed by someone on their travels around the city, maybe the perp/s were eavesdropping and heard about the birthday party and other destinations for the evening?

The .38 Colt revolver was typically a police issue sidearm. Was it stolen from an ex or current officer in Windsor?

The .38 Colt revolver was typically a police issue sidearm. Was it stolen from an ex or current officer in Windsor?

Of course there is another possiblility there from this post!!

Excellent posts Sn. thanks very good reasoning and querying.

Certainly we haven't taken the point the the Tilbury cases might be related according to LE but since they haven't told us anything what more can we do?

I am aware of another org. crime angle relating to the factory of course I mean individuals working there.......unfortunately it might be wild even reckless to say what I think that is.....but just to throw it out there......

By the way if you like coincidences there is a Tilbury street near the SitnEat and at one point the young woman who was killed at a subway station once lived behind the Sitneat - yes I think these are coincidences but I mention it just in case it strikes a nerve with anything anyone else knows or thinks.....

Actually there are endless strange cooincidences in these Toronto crimes - the Airst family that were murdered (unsolved) owned the builiding where Emmanuel Jacques was killed way back.....D.N. 's daughter says her Dad who wrote for the Sun (and wrote on the Jacques case) killed Leroux and others

There are or were pics on a site she posts on showing her standing as a teen on the edge of the cliff she says her Dad D.N. tried to push her off of. that same day.. they are amazing actually quite beautiful photos in their way but what father in their right mind would want their kid to stand that close to a sloping drop......

Of course there is another possiblility there from this post!!

Excellent posts Sn. thanks very good reasoning and querying.

Certainly we haven't taken the point the the Tilbury cases might be related according to LE but since they haven't told us anything what more can we do?

I am aware of another org. crime angle relating to the factory of course I mean individuals working there.......unfortunately it might be wild even reckless to say what I think that is.....but just to throw it out there......

By the way if you like coincidences there is a Tilbury street near the SitnEat and at one point the young woman who was killed at a subway station once lived behind the Sitneat - yes I think these are coincidences but I mention it just in case it strikes a nerve with anything anyone else knows or thinks.....

Actually there are endless strange cooincidences in these Toronto crimes - the Airst family that were murdered (unsolved) owned the builiding where Emmanuel Jacques was killed way back.....D.N. 's daughter says her Dad who wrote for the Sun (and wrote on the Jacques case) killed Leroux and others

There are or were pics on a site she posts on showing her standing as a teen on the edge of the cliff she says her Dad D.N. tried to push her off of. that same day.. they are amazing actually quite beautiful photos in their way but what father in their right mind would want their kid to stand that close to a sloping drop......

Would alleged perp parent, have access to gun via dubious associations or even on the scene "lifting" of evidence?

Globe & Mail - April 25, 1973

“One biker gang is ‘in charge of speed’ in Metro Toronto and besides trafficking in speed “they are the enforcers on ripoffs.”

He said members of one group have been bringing speed into Metro Toronto from illegal laboratories, in two Ontario cities, one about 80 miles north of Toronto and another in Western Ontario.

Globe & Mail - April 25, 1973

“One biker gang is ‘in charge of speed’ in Metro Toronto and besides trafficking in speed “they are the enforcers on ripoffs.”

He said members of one group have been bringing speed into Metro Toronto from illegal laboratories, in two Ontario cities, one about 80 miles north of Toronto and another in Western Ontario.

Thanks for this and for some reason I had only been thinking in terms of marijuana......but yes speed was a very big drug then and more debilitating

And of course a big purpose of enforce violence is for didactic purposes.....so others won't try it....

I know families don't like it when we make ungrounded suggestions like I am making here which I understand....but anyone potentially can get caught up in it......

A few questions:

The two girls were said to be going out that night looking to buy drugs, since there hadn't been any available for the last two weeks. Did they have knowledge of a shipment coming in that night and drugs would be available or were they just out hoping to find some and spend some of the money they had just got paid from work?

Was there a regular dealer they got drugs from?

Was there a regular dealer that spent time at the burger joint?

Would they have gotten into an unknown car with an unknown person?

not really posting much on WS now but just to say my thought is which I have already hinted at.....the crucial clue is the way and when they were found and where they were found and in a very general sense who they were found by (including who might have induced the finder to find not that they were involved) .....

and I think the answer relates to a fairly traditional organized crime group not HA and I think they are still keeping an eye on the case in the sense of being worried and they are still keeping an eye on the place/crime scene area

key is to see what they did later business wise also the comments made to media at the time are cold and cryptic

on the other hand I have solved nothing here

if I were LE I would keep a watch for a day or two esp. if they could create a minor buzz about looking at the scene again and theytake a look at who shows up of course it is probably stupid to suggest that here I dont know

not really posting much on WS now but just to say my thought is which I have already hinted at.....the crucial clue is the way and when they were found and where they were found and in a very general sense who they were found by (including who might have induced the finder to find not that they were involved) .....

and I think the answer relates to a fairly traditional organized crime group not HA and I think they are still keeping an eye on the case in the sense of being worried and they are still keeping an eye on the place/crime scene area

key is to see what they did later business wise also the comments made to media at the time are cold and cryptic

on the other hand I have solved nothing here

if I were LE I would keep a watch for a day or two esp. if they could create a minor buzz about looking at the scene again and theytake a look at who shows up of course it is probably stupid to suggest that here I dont know

Nice to " see you " Chorley!
Thanks for keeping up with these cases and inspiring us think in different ways!
What specifically do you think body placement might suggest, for example if it was feet to head, or head to head?
( DMHowe was known to stack/lineup his smokes) but, you think it was an organization of some kind?

Nice to " see you " Chorley!
Thanks for keeping up with these cases and inspiring us think in different ways!
What specifically do you think body placement might suggest, for example if it was feet to head, or head to head?
( DMHowe was known to stack/lineup his smokes) but, you think it was an organization of some kind?

At the time LE thought the body placement "packed" was deliberate a sign more recentliy Det. W. thought they just fell that way i.e. shot standing up.

One idea we havent considered (I think) is that they were themselves selling small amounts of drugs to finance their own use and move to apt etc. it used to be VERY common for people to pay for their own use by offselling so to speak.

So could the real vendetta have been between criminal factions and the girls were just pawns, a message.

Yes I think it was an org. and again yes I think the placement was deliberate and is typical of a more traditional group also interesting is the shot in the back of the neck/throat (talking?) who wouldnt just shoot the person in the head though we dont know how much ligth there would have been that night.

my biggest 'clue' is that I really do think the case is being watched and even the site......it is so long ago but I really think so......if anyone else can check out the scene if they live in Toronto or are visiting that would be great......see Sams pics on this thread which are excellent.....what do you think? It still matters to somebody. Why?

I think people do know that happened.....check the owners of the diner e.g. that the Star inadvertently (?) wrongly thought was the sitneat.....they have no involvement....but they need to check the rumours again.......this one wont be solved from the basement of the LE station I dont think.....it is right on the surface just ask....

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/coldcases.php
13196864d8fb59327f3d9bf0ce5b6a53.gif
Wendy TEDFORD, 17 years old

Toronto Police Service
Cold Case FilesHomicide #19/1973
Victim:
Photo of the victim
Wendy
TEDFORD

Murdered on: April 27, 1973

Details of Investigation:
On Friday, April 27, 1973, at about 7:30 a.m., police responded to a 911 call to the area of Wilson Avenue and Keele Street.

The victim was discovered in an empty industrial lot, suffering from gunshot wounds, and obviously deceased.

The victim of Homicide #20/1973 (Donna STEARNE) was also discovered at the same location, suffering from gunshot wounds, and obviously deceased.

Investigators believe that both victims were at the Sit n' Eat restaurant - near the location they were eventually discovered - the night before, at about 11:00 p.m.

http://www.weyburnthisweek.com/pain...milies-but-resolution-a-possibility-1.2272089

The 'clue' that is clarified here is that semen was found 'at the scene'. So there IS some kind of sexual component.... I can think of some sort of forced (I guess even unforced but very unlikely) secondary sex act or and I think this is more likely someone who was afterwards excited by the 'scene'. and....but so close to the houses it is really strange.

Thanks for the photos it seems in the pic of LE with the covered bodies the little gate was NOT there at the time and the fence was higher? Also there were more trees etc. beside the house where a girl the same age heard the shots? Why do they still think they went to Yorkville? They found a receipt from that evening for a store at Yonge College. And the time line though unclear is very tight. By the way if they bought something at Yonge College did they find the garment ( I think at gift for sister) at the scene? If not why not? . .

On another similar site to this there is an article from whatever appears to be the Toronto Star...this at t SitnEat....

"They sat alone drank their cokes and left about ten minutes after a young fellow had come in ordered two regular coffees and left" said George Zannes who waited on them."

The article also mentions the young man who knew them and could ID that it was them. But in all articles I have o/w seen it just mentions that he didn't see them leave. This led to speculation here that they left or were taken out the back door. (See SIA's pics of the back). Both Zannes seems to be saying he saw them leave and note his very detailed memory of the person who left 10 minutes earlier exactly how he ordered his coffee etc.

Was Zannes the new owner or a waiter? Again elsewhere an owner had said he would not have noticed them because it was too busy. But Zannes is talking about two orders 10 minutes apart which is not busy. UNLESS he was drawing attention consciously or not to this man ordering the coffees.

As an example this short article says nobody saw them leave http://s13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightCanada/ar/t1120.htm

This article also highlights the hitchhiking theory of LE.

I don't think it is relevant but just to state it just in case 1. Donna was originally from Owen Sound I think (where Susan Tice had returned from holiday a family place for her). 2. Miriam Peters once lived behind the SitnEat on Tilbury (oddly the name of the town where those other girls were shot) though they had long moved on north. But did she still have friends from then and would they meet uP at the Sit n Eat.?

Far fetched but after all LE is using the word serial killer.

I want to highlight Snively's excellent Post around 310 or 311 about Windsor and the gun. Killing a fellow biker's wife because she witnessed a fatal beating? Really? If so it does sound as if something or someone was out of control. I agree .about the trucking facility next to the field where they are shot. and overall I think there is something fishy somewhere (but where exactly) with all of these 17 year old witnesses and the kid who found her running over to the factory where they guy he calls over says "too bad they HAD to die." The SitnEat scene seems fishy to me again how exactly? I don't think any of these people are involved but everyone seems wary and aware of 'something'....and afraid

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back