CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK. So pardon me if this has been covered already, but...according to reports, and what I assume to be the official timeline, She bought a prepaid phone at 5:54, then left the Sandy Merriman shelter about 6 minutes later? According to Google that's like a 10 minute walk, and a 5 minute drive. Then, a taxi picks her up ten minutes later at the Harbour Air Terminal? Thats like a 10 minute walk, 5 minute drive. Then, the taxi drives her some distance, turns around and drives her back to the Harbour Air Terminal, and she somehow ends up at the Empress, which is about another 7 minute walk from the Harbour Air Terminal, all within the course of another half hour? Something just seems askew. Like, who goes to a bunch of places and spends zero time there?
Nov 28:
7am:
Chateau Victoria Hotel staff phone towing company to tow van (with all Emma's belongings) from their lot because of unpaid fees. Towed to impound lot in Victoria.

8:23am: Bought $200 prepaid credit card at 7/11 (Douglas St.)

8:23am-Noon: *Unknown whereabouts*

Noon-5:54pm: Might have visited downtown library around noon, after that *unknown whereabouts*

5:54pm: Bought a never activated prepaid cell phone at 7/11 (Douglas St.). Video footage shows her lingering around the store

6pm: Leaves Sandy Merriman shelter according to staff there

6:10pm: Taxi driver with ABC Taxi picks Emma up from Harbour Air Terminal (Inner Harbour, that only has daytime flights) that's close to her former workplace 'Red Fish, Blue Fish'. Emma asks to go to Victoria airport (Sidney). Taxi driver tells her expensive cost of ride to airport and she asks to be taken back where she was picked up (Harbour Air/Inner Harbour) and she exits taxi

Last edited:
Newly Released Photos Mark 8th Anniversary of Emma Fillipoff's Disappearance
11/27/2020

Emma-camera-2-902x1024-1.png
FILLIPOFF_1.jpg
Emma-Fillipoff-H2.png
Emma-camera-715x1024-1.png
emma-in-flowers.jpg
What a beautiful girl.

ONTARIO COLD CASE: Search spans the country for missing Emma Fillipoff
''In the days leading up to Emma’s disappearance, Kimberly learned a lot of her movements, including one of the last entries in Emma’s journal, dated Nov. 23, 2012. “Sleep deep hurts. Checked myself out. Mom is coming. It’s Nov. 23. Have to get home before Dad goes. I want to call Dad. You’re going home tomorrow."

According to Shelley, Emma’s father, James Fillipoff, an artist, keeps to himself and hasn’t talked to anyone about the search for his daughter, after a CBC Fifth Estate episode, which aired Dec. 23, 2014. “He doesn’t want to talk about it,” Shelley said.

James did say on that television broadcast, that whatever happened to Emma, he hoped it was her choice.''

''EMMA’S POSSESSIONS
Iles originally searched Emma’s van and found her camera — a Canon 40D, semi-professional DSLR that was a gift from her mother. On the camera card were several self-portraits — the latest ones taken in the spring of 2012, which have been used in media releases and newscasts.''

EMMA_trio___Gallery.jpg

“She was a very adept photographer,” Shelley said. “She studied photo journalism before she studied culinary arts. She was working as a chef/cook in Campbell River for three years. The only reason she stopped is because she has a congenital knee disorder and it was bothering her back a lot — a chef is on her feet all day long. She terminated her employment to come home and see our orthopedic surgeon in 2011 then headed back out west in September 2011. She hadn’t been home since.”

Did anyone see the interview on YouTube with Patty, the woman who stayed at the shelter and knew Emma? What did you think?

Completely agree it is a long time after and a shame he didn't come forward a lot sooner. I have not read all posts yet so maybe missed something but do we know why he never? Has it had poor coverage generally? Why after all this time did he come forward with something so vital.. saying she headed in such and such a direction, was this William not quizzed more as being potentially involved in her disappearance? Not pointing fingers but was he interviewed at time or treated as a potential suspect or just a witness?

If I remember correctly, he never was interviewed by LE when she went missing.

OK. So pardon me if this has been covered already, but...according to reports, and what I assume to be the official timeline, She bought a prepaid phone at 5:54, then left the Sandy Merriman shelter about 6 minutes later? According to Google that's like a 10 minute walk, and a 5 minute drive. Then, a taxi picks her up ten minutes later at the Harbour Air Terminal? Thats like a 10 minute walk, 5 minute drive. Then, the taxi drives her some distance, turns around and drives her back to the Harbour Air Terminal, and she somehow ends up at the Empress, which is about another 7 minute walk from the Harbour Air Terminal, all within the course of another half hour? Something just seems askew. Like, who goes to a bunch of places and spends zero time there?

I haven't looked into this case for a long time so please beware, I'm rusted! Haha

I really find your post interesting because I'd never realized that there was so little "free" time in-between each place she went to. I couldn't understand how she had the time to go from the 7/11 to the shelter if it was a 10 minutes walk but according to the Google Maps research I just did, it should take four minutes. So that would make sense.

It almost seems like she was given instructions by someone else with a schedule. Like, go to point A at that time, get to point B by that time and buy this, and so on. Except for the part where she asked the taxi driver to turn around. Or maybe she was just really in a rush and seemingly had a precise plan in mind...?

I haven't looked into this case for a long time so please beware, I'm rusted! Haha

I really find your post interesting because I'd never realized that there was so little "free" time in-between each place she went to. I couldn't understand how she had the time to go from the 7/11 to the shelter if it was a 10 minutes walk but according to the Google Maps research I just did, it should take four minutes. So that would make sense.

It almost seems like she was given instructions by someone else with a schedule. Like, go to point A at that time, get to point B by that time and buy this, and so on. Except for the part where she asked the taxi driver to turn around. Or maybe she was just really in a rush and seemingly had a precise plan in mind...?
What I thought was that people were giving approximate times that they saw her, but not exact, precise times. The same way someone who saw me walking down the street at 6:17 might say they saw me at around 6:15, or 6:20, on their way to the store, because they associate the event with something they were doing at that specific time. Maybe they notice that they arrived at the store at 6:23, so when they're recollecting the events before that, they remember that they saw me walking down the street a few minutes before they arrived. Then they estimate the time based on that. No one remembers the exact times that everything in their day happens. Especially if it may not be of importance later.
I do, however, think Emma went to the places she did with intent. I think she went to each place to do something specific that she needed to, like getting the prepaid card at 7-11, and left after she accomplished her goal. She may have just been focused, not had the time, or didn't feel up to doing anything more than what she felt she had to while going to those places.

If Emma ever reads this I hope she knows that people still care, that she has touched the hearts of so many people, and that we all hope she is safe. I'm not a typically optimistic person but I don't feel in my heart that Emma is gone. I do with a lot of cases, but not Emma. I imagine her somewhere different, living a different life. Establishing herself. I hope with all of my heart that she is safe, warm, and content.

This self portrait of Emma Fillipoff was taken June 3, 2012, using a Canon 40D DSLR. Emma went missing in November that same year. The photo was released by the Victoria Police Department as part of our ongoing coverage of the search for Emma Fillipoff. - Emma Fillipoff photo
  • By Emma Fillipoff photo

These self portraits of Emma Fillipoff were taken with a Canon 40D DSLR - a gift from her mother, Shelley Fillipoff - in the spring of 2012. That fall, Emma went missing from Victoria, B.C. without a trace. The Perth native would be 33 now. These photos were provided to us by the Victoria Police Department as part of our ongoing series in the search for Emma Fillipoff. - Emma Fillipoff photos
  • By Emma Fillipoff self portrait
  • Shelley’s level of frustration is mounting.

“I just don’t know where to turn. I’m at a loss and it’s the first time in a long time that I have felt at a loss. I would be happily walking the streets of Vancouver if I thought for a second if that’s where she was. But there is nothing to indicate that she’s anywhere ... I’m afraid people are going to forget that Emma is missing.”

The Victoria Police urge anyone with information about Emma who has not yet spoken to their investigators to come forward by calling (250) 995-7654. Those who wish to report what they know anonymously can call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''

Something I recently wondered was, what would someone say or do if they saw someone that they thought resembled or could be Emma? How should that be handled? Not that I have. I'm asking purely out of curiosity. I don't think we've discussed that.

Something I recently wondered was, what would someone say or do if they saw someone that they thought resembled or could be Emma? How should that be handled? Not that I have. I'm asking purely out of curiosity. I don't think we've discussed that.

''If you recognize a missing person​

If you believe you saw and/or recognize someone who is listed as a missing person, the most important action that you can take is to contact police.

Any details that you recall are important and may be useful.

Importance of information​

Sometimes people believe that the information they have about a missing person is too small to be important. Others may believe that the information they have is already known to police. The only way to be sure that police have the information is to share it with them.

The police may be able to use what you think is a minor bit of information to help further their investigation. Sometimes information that seems irrelevant makes sense when it is added to the facts of the case the police already have.

Ways to submit information or tips​

1. Contact the police agency handling the investigation.
  2. To submit the information anonymously, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or 1-800-222-8477.
  3. Contact your local police service.

If you recognize yourself as a missing person​

Adults who disappear voluntarily have not committed a criminal offence. Going missing is not a crime.

If you are identified as a missing person in the news, or any public forum, it means that someone is looking for you. You may decide to contact a family member or close friend to let her/him know that you are okay.

Another option that is open to you is to contact the police and explain that you have seen a missing person poster of yourself. The police will arrange to meet with you so that they can verify your identity.

It is also important for you to let police know what your wishes are about sharing your contact information with family and friends. Police will follow your wishes for privacy if you request it.

Only after police have confirmed your identity will the missing person file be closed.

Reasons to contact police if you are a missing person​

Being the subject of an open missing person file can cause potential problems for you. For example, it could prevent you from travelling outside of Canada, or cause problems in obtaining certain types of identification such as a passport.

More importantly, closing the file will help you to live your life as you choose.''

Victoria News: Age-progression sketch of missing Emma Fillipoff released ahead of 10-year anniversary.
Happy to finally see an age-progression sketch!
1669556989955.png

''There are more fine lines around her eyes, deeper, hooded eyes and more creases around her mouth in the sketch.
Her mother, Shelley Fillipoff, has been working with the sketch artist at the VPD. She told the Perth Courier on Saturday, Nov. 26 that she didn’t know what she was expecting from the drawing. “I imagine doing this type of drawing is a pretty daunting task,” she said. “My hope is that the drawing will serve to bring new interest and perhaps reach an even broader audience.”
Shelley said her daughter has “very defined cheek bones” and felt that the “basic facial structure is off.
But the goal, she said, is to keep Emma’s story in the public eye.
“I think the drawing will get people talking, thinking about Emma,” she said.
And perhaps call for even more scrutiny when seeing glimpses of women who look like the image created by the police department''

''On the Help Find Emma Fillipoff Facebook page, a news release is asking for your help to bring Emma home. If you see her or any information about where she may be, please contact the Victoria police on their non-emergency line: 1-205-005-7654 or call local police. Information can also be provided anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back