CANADA Canada- Erin Maureen Brooks, 38, Last seen, Smoke Shop St. Mary's First Nation, NB, 27 December 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Jan 28 2022 rbbm.
‘This is awful’: N.B. family continues to search for missing mother - New Brunswick | Globalnews.ca
''Erin Brooks was last seen inside the St. Mary’s First Nation Smoke Shop, captured quickly on the security camera, but her family hadn’t seen her since Dec. 25, 2021.''

''St. Mary’s First Nation Chief Allan Polchies says the community has rallied behind Brooks and her entire family. The council there put out a press release on Thursday.

It said it was pleading with brothers and sisters across Turtle Island to help bring Brooks home. The release quoted a post from Brooks’ Facebook page from 2018 on missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls.

“I am a strong Maliseet woman. I am content. If there ever comes a time where I disappear, where I go for groceries and do not return. Where I go to run errands and do not return, please know: I did not voluntarily leave my family. I am not out partying. I did not go and commit suicide somewhere. If I DO NOT return home, know that someone took me against my will or worse. Do not make excuses as to WHY I may not have return home, because it is a lie. Look for me. Please,” her social media post read, according to the press release.''
''Anyone with information about where Brooks might be is encouraged to call the Fredericton Police Force at 460-2300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 if the person wishes to remain anonymous.
Brooks was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black jacket and black boots. She is five feet six inches tall, approximately 115 pounds and has brown eyes and brown hair with bangs''.

Loved ones plead for help finding missing woman from St. Mary's First Nation | CBC News

Erin Brooks was last seen at the Smoke Shop in St. Mary's First Nation on the evening of Dec 27. (@CityFredPolice/Twitter)

What has also been disturbing for Brooks's family and friends is a 2018 Facebook post, which addresses the systemic failure that is missing and murdered Indigenous women in the nation.

"It definitely tugs on the heartstrings," said Paul, who confirmed the post was by Brooks. "My sister was a strong woman. I know that she hasn't done anything to herself. That's just not how she was."

Stanovich also noted the troubling nature of the post in relation to the current situation.

"She posted that feeling … And now she is, years later, truly missing, so we have to do everything we can to find her."

A facebook post by Erin Brooks from 2018 was posted by Indigenous Women of the Wabanaki Territories to raise awareness and help find Brooks. (Indigenous Women of the Wabanaki Territories/Facebook)
Brooks is described as being between five foot two inches and five foot three

Last edited:
1662766380379.png

Sept 9 2022
''Fredericton police say an anonymous donor has put up a $65,000 reward for anyone who provides information that leads to the discovery of a woman who went missing on the city's north side last December.

Erin Brooks, 38, was last seen at the Smoke Shop on St. Mary's First Nation on Dec. 27, 2021. Months later police announced her disappearance was deemed suspicious and that officers were investigating the possibility of foul play.

Her disappearance has prompted numerous appeals for answers from the Wolastoqey community and a powwow was held to support Brooks's family.

The reward now being offered for information about her whereabouts was announced by the Fredericton Police Force in a news release issued Friday morning.

Police said the donor of the funds wished to remain anonymous, and the release did not provide new information on the investigation into the disappearance.''

erin-brooks.jpg

Erin Brooks, seen in security camera footage at the Smoke Shop, is described as between five foot two inches and 115 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair with bangs

Jan 2022 rbbm.

''Missing woman from St. Mary’s First Nation

Saint Mary’s First Nation has asked for support in locating Erin Maureen Brooks.

The 38-year-old woman was last seen on Dec. 27 at St. Mary’s Smoke Shop in Fredericton, according to the Indigenous community.

She’s described as five-foot-two-inches tall and 115 pounds, with multiple tattoos, including the word “Boo” on the left side of her chest.

In 2018, Brooks shared a post on social media as part of a campaign for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, stating that if she ever went missing, “someone took me against my will or worse. Do not make excuses as to WHY I might not have returned home, because it is a lie. Look for me. Please.”

Anyone with information should contact the Fredericton Police Force or Crime Stoppers.''
1662767105653.png

Global News: Walk raising awareness about murdered and missing Indigenous people arrives in Fredericton.

Snipped...
...The ceremony for Fox’s arrival was held just steps away from St. Mary’s Smoke Shop on Fredericton’s Northside, the last place anybody saw Erin Brooks.

Bumping Erin's thread with old FB posts, some of which have comments. I wish her family could get the answers they seek. MOO

Erin's FB - Only 1 pic & and a friend's list

Fredericton Police Force
30 Dec 2021

The Fredericton Police Force is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Erin Brooks. Erin was last seen with family and friends on December 27, 2021 between 22:00hrs and 23:00hrs. She is 38 years old, has brown hair with bangs, brown eyes, is 5’6” and approximately 115 pounds.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please contact the police station at 506-460-2300.
File number 21-26975

Fredericton Police Force
3 Feb 2022
BBM

Fredericton Police continue to investigate the disappearance of 38-year-old Erin Brooks, who was last seen on Fredericton’s Northside on December 27, 2021.

Investigators are now treating Erin’s disappearance as suspicious, and believe she is likely the victim of foul play.

At this time, police have still not located Ms. Brooks, and believe that there are people with information on her whereabouts.

Police continue to follow up on all tips from the public. We are asking anyone with information to contact us at 506-460-2300. Even the smallest tip may prove to be helpful.

Updated details: Ms. Brooks was last seen wearing blue jeans, a dark brown jacket and black boots. She is 5’2”-5’3” tall, approximately 115lbs, has brown eyes and has black hair with bangs. She was seen at the St. Mary’s Smoke Shop in the evening of December 27 – see photo.

Anyone with information about Erin Brooks is asked to contact the Fredericton Police Force, at 506-460-2300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

File reference: 21-26975

272970253_5163640663647170_6098719195563816209_n.jpg

Sep 16, 2023 N.B. CRIME STOPPERS / ÉCHEC AU CRIME N.-B.
Crime Stoppers needs your help solving the suspicious disappearance of 38-year-old Erin Brooks, last seen in Fredericton on December 27, 2021. A $65,000 reward is being offered by the community for information that helps find Erin Brooks. Ms. Brooks is approximately 5’3” tall and 115 lbs, with brown eyes and dark hair. She was last seen at St. Mary’s Smoke Shop, wearing a dark brown jacket, blue jeans, and black boots. Anyone with information about Erin Brooks should contact the Fredericton Police Force, at 506-460-2300. Information can also be provided anonymously through Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-TIPS, or online at crimenb.ca.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back