CANADA Canada- Esther Jones, 55, last seen, Kingston, Nova Scotia, her silver 2009 Volkswagen Passat, found abandoned in Greenwood, 31/8/24, *Suspicious*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The Nova Scotia RCMP will be updating the media tomorrow afternoon with the latest information regarding the Esther Jones missing person investigation." The Valley Eye Photography
Local rumors circulating this afternoon that there has been a break in the case from a few neighbors who saw a police presence and possibly an arrest being made. Unfortunately, we will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for the updated details.

seems strange for them to not do a press conference until tomorrow afternoon - especially if people saw activity it could lead to leaks.

The police must have had evidence from the start to treat this as suspicious from the off.

From the background information of her being her mums carer, her mum passing recently - I’d have automatically thought she was struggling to cope and suicide was likely outcome

seems strange for them to not do a press conference until tomorrow afternoon - especially if people saw activity it could lead to leaks.

The police must have had evidence from the start to treat this as suspicious from the off.

From the background information of her being her mums carer, her mum passing recently - I’d have automatically thought she was struggling to cope and suicide was likely outcome
As the daughter and care-giver, maybe she stood to receive more than others wrt any possible resources after the mother died?. speculation, imo.

Canada RCMP is VERY TIGHT LIPPED. Actually, leaks were happening days ago, but until there is an arrest there is going to be no official statements. Normally, I don't follow Canadian cases as it is a waste of time until it goes to court maybe years later, or until Crime Beat does a story. But, this story was local to me and Esther although I did not know her, everyone loved her and of course, I was very interested in following her case.

As the daughter and care-giver, maybe she stood to receive more than others wrt any possible resources after the mother died?. speculation, imo.
A friend of mine & myself wondered exactly if this was a possibility as apparently, she was a caretaker/giver & maybe handled the finances.

The old saying boyfriend, husband, follow the money...right? It's a possibility.

A friend of mine & myself wondered exactly if this was a possibility as apparently, she was a caretaker/giver & maybe handled the finances.

The old saying boyfriend, husband, follow the money...right? It's a possibility.
I'm wondering if her parents were relatively well off. Esther has 14 siblings, so unless her parents were wealthy I'm not sure why any of their children would expect much from the estate.

ETA: corrected embarrassing typos/grammar!

Last edited:
"The Nova Scotia RCMP will be updating the media tomorrow afternoon with the latest information regarding the Esther Jones missing person investigation." The Valley Eye Photography
Local rumors circulating this afternoon that there has been a break in the case from a few neighbors who saw a police presence and possibly an arrest being made. Unfortunately, we will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for the updated details.
Thanks for posting this.
I DO respect this particular local media. They don't allow comments on their posts about this case 'out of respect for the family'. This really helps cuts down online rumours. (Well, at a minimum it is one less place where people can spread rumours online.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD
Back