Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the video, they state the boat launch there in Gooderham is used for access to two lakes.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 534
Could Eugene have been with a woman? So it still could be him.

Welcome to Ws bellainka, thanks for the link!
Police still don't know if the remains are those of a man or a woman, or even how old they are. Foul play is not suspected.

There's a significant amount of snow and ice in the area. Heaters are being used to melt it away before a forensic anthropologist is brought in to help remove the remains.

An autopsy will then take place to identify the remains and determine the cause of death.

The OPP is working with Barrie police to review missing person cases, including the case of Mandy Thompson, who went missing just over a year ago.

Police say it’s too early to make a connection to any case.

It's on the way to Algonquin park from where Eugene lives.

It's been unseasonably warm in Ontario. Most of the snow has melted. So that body has been there since before it snowed. I'm kinda shocked there still is snow.

It's been unseasonably warm in Ontario. Most of the snow has melted. So that body has been there since before it snowed. I'm kinda shocked there still is snow.
I've thought quite the opposite. It's actually been a much colder winter than the last few years. Only the last few days have been unseasonally warm. Maybe it's just me.

Also, Barrie tends to be colder and get much more snow than the gta so I'm not surprised there is still snow there.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Eugene would have had to turn back towards Toronto for this to be him, if the phone ping in Northern Ontario was actually him with the phone.

For reference, I am an hour north of Barrie and we usually have the same if not more snow than Barrie. We are barely hanging on to ours and can see the ground in a lot of places.

He would have had to turn around. But news came out pretty quick that he was in Algonquin. So maybe he left the area and turned back.

OT, but that sounds miserably cold. Wouldn't that type of consistent low temperature preserve a body? If the body is decomposed to the point that they can't determine sex, maybe it was there well before the cold temps hit. Just thinking... :thinking:

Wolves and coyotes scavenge for frozen prey, so even though it was too cold for decomposition, the bodies may be badly damaged. Just a note for interest's sake, the ice on some of the lakes in Algonquin park went out on May 1st last year. I expect it will be even later this year. According to locals, it's so thick this year that ice fishermen have had to put extensions on their augers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica1
Back