DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dyannaON

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/cbcalerts/status/996052947170660352?s=21

a0bdda0b336fa5194bf0e842a77ee098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prayers that he is found safe. Is this woman his mother or a relative or friend of the family?

I’m not sure Steele’s. I’m thinking so. As per same last name. Cutie he is. Hoping she does the right thing. :(

Off-topic:

So for the non-Canadians on the board, Canada rolled out our new emergency alert system (cellphones, TVs, radio, etc.) last week with nationwide tests. The tests didn't go well and there were plenty of problems where some phones got it and others didn't - my office only had one cellphone go off with the test alert.

This morning I heard just one device go off in the office, and it was too far away for me to hear the words, but it was for this alert. I'm 1500 km away! I have no idea how the geolocation worked on that one, I assume someone was listening to an internet radio station physically located in Ontario.

Off-topic:

So for the non-Canadians on the board, Canada rolled out our new emergency alert system (cellphones, TVs, radio, etc.) last week with nationwide tests. The tests didn't go well and there were plenty of problems where some phones got it and others didn't - my office only had one cellphone go off with the test alert.

This morning I heard just one device go off in the office, and it was too far away for me to hear the words, but it was for this alert. I'm 1500 km away! I have no idea how the geolocation worked on that one, I assume someone was listening to an internet radio station physically located in Ontario.

I swear, if the alert goes off again, I'm going to need CPR! I just received a second alert en francais and my heart is still racing--I had no idea my phone could go that loud! Interestingly enough, neither I nor anyone I know received the test alert last week so I am relieved that this one came thru.

I hope there is a fast and positive resolution for sweet Gabriel. Presuming that is his mother mentioned in the alert, I will hope that she does the right thing for this sweetie (and for herself). I'm keeping the radio on for further updates...

I have 3 iPhones here and not one alert goes off. So if the world ends I won’t know. 🤣[emoji15].

Pretty sad that on all the social
Media has posts about this kiddo are basically people annoyed about the alert on their phone. My gosh. Smh. Jmo. A baby is missing. Sorry to inconvenience you for 3 seconds.

I swear, if the alert goes off again, I'm going to need CPR! I just received a second alert en francais and my heart is still racing--I had no idea my phone could go that loud! Interestingly enough, neither I nor anyone I know received the test alert last week so I am relieved that this one came thru.

When we were given AMBER Alert capability, I had the same experience. LOUD! And sometimes, LOUD late at night while I was sleeping. In the settings interface there was and still is no way to control the volume of the alerts, so I wound up disabling the feature altogether. :( I think I'd have it disabled now anyway because this kind of thing upsets my 12-year-old son, but it would still be nice to be able to have control over the volume.

I got the alert 8 times. Thankfully the phone was on silent and it didn't make an audible sound. Maybe the geolocators don't matter in cases of Amber Alerts? I'm at the other end of the province so no way they could travel down here that fast but always good to keep an eye out later in the day if he isn't found quickly.

Pretty sad that on all the social
Media has posts about this kiddo are basically people annoyed about the alert on their phone. My gosh. Smh. Jmo. A baby is missing. Sorry to inconvenience you for 3 seconds.

You posted about it, too.

But anyway. Without more information, it's hard to do much more than speculate. It's probably safe to assume it's a family abduction, and Lynda McCallum is likely the child's mother. I pray that she doesn't have some terrible criminal background such as in meth production, child exploitation, etc.
Bring Gabriel home safe!

He's been located. Amber alert cancelled

CBC News Alerts
‏Verified account @CBCAlerts
18m18 minutes ago

BREAKING: An Amber Alert issued for a northern Ontario boy this morning has been cancelled. The child has been found safe, says the Amber Alert Ontario Twitter account.

Thank goodness.

Yes I did post about it but not getting it. Not upset that I did get it like some people. Now mind you because I’ve never got alert I have no idea how it would sound. I wonder why I don’t get them. My partner does and we have the same phone. Even on the same plan lol. Weird. Must be a setting on my phone I turned on/off.
It was just upsetting to read that so many people were so mad about the alert.

Thank goodness.

Yes I did post about it but not getting it. Not upset that I did get it like some people. Now mind you because I’ve never got alert I have no idea how it would sound. I wonder why I don’t get them. My partner does and we have the same phone. Even on the same plan lol. Weird. Must be a setting on my phone I turned on/off.
It was just upsetting to read that so many people were so mad about the alert.

Several drivers around me had a little panic and slammed on their brakes the moment it went off, causing a very unexpected and potentially unsafe traffic situation.... I like this alert idea in principle, but someone's going to get killed in traffic because of it.

Amber Alert for missing boy sparks complaints over new mobile emergency system

CRTC ordered wireless providers to implement system to distribute warnings of imminent threats

When the siren-like sounds from an Amber Alert rang out on cellular phones across Ontario on Monday, it sparked a bit of a backlash against Canada's new mobile emergency alert system.

[...]

But gripes about the system soon began to pour in. Kingston police said they received "several complaints" regarding the Amber Alert notice. On social media, people startled by the alerts complained about the number of alerts they received and that they had received separate alerts in English and French.

"Sooo, is that emergency alert going to happen at like 4 a.m. with sleep mode enabled? Just asking for my heart health," tweeted James G.

Meanwhile, others who were located far from the incident felt that receiving the alert was pointless.

"I've received two Amber Alerts today for Thunder Bay, which is 15 hours away from Toronto by car," tweeted Molly Sauter. "Congrats, you have trained me to ignore Emergency Alerts."

[...]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mobile-emergency-alert-system-amber-alert-1.4662609

Kingston Police: https://twitter.com/kingstonpolice/status/996061388555550721?s=21

I am in favour of the alerts.
Its a good thing.
I got it four times before I realized I had to press OK
When i figured that out, the alerts stopped coming in

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads