GUILTY Canada - Guang Hua Liu, 41, found dismembered in Toronto area, 10 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"While the Forget-Me-Not spa was licensed in May, the city said it received and investigated complaints from residents who believed the business was illegitimate. The sole owner and president, Ms. Liu was a licensed holistic practitioner and body rubber."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...-is-victim-in-body-parts-case-toronto-police/

Timeline from the link:

TIMELINE IN BODY PARTS CASE

Wednesday, August 15 11:30 a.m. — Hikers in the Hewick Meadows Park near Eglinton Avenue and Mississauga Road find a partially submerged foot by the shore of the Credit River. The river flows through the park in Mississauga.

Thursday, August 16 10:15 a.m. — Peel Regional Police confirm the foot is a human right foot, possibly a woman’s because it has bright yellow nail polish on the toes. Police officers and cadaver dogs begin searching the river all the way south to Lake Ontario for more body parts and evidence.

Thursday, August 16, 12:15 p.m. — The police dive team finds a human head a kilometre north from where foot was found.

Friday, August 17, 1 p.m. — Police find a left hand and a right hand within a short time of each other. One was close to where the foot was found. The other was much farther south.

Saturday, August 18, 1:30 p.m. — Toronto police received a call to attend West Highland Creek near Sheppard Avenue East and Kennedy Road. A citizen had found what appeared to be a body part. Toronto police contact a coroner and the Peel police to advise them of their find.

Sunday, August 19, 1:30 p.m. — Toronto police got another call about another possible body part discovery in the creek.

Monday, August 20, 10:30 a.m. — Peel police confirm that the body parts discovered in the West Highland Creek over the weekend are human. They identify them as an arm, thigh and two calves. Police say they have narrowed down and isolated who the victim is based on missing persons reports. The marine team and dive team are called off the search in the Credit River, but officers on foot continue to look for evidence upstream to the Streetsville area.

Wondering if the perp purposely 'littered" parts everywhere to make a statement, or because they were really crazy or dumb?

Wondering if the perp purposely 'littered" parts everywhere to make a statement, or because they were really crazy or dumb?

IMO, none of the above.
I think he (or she) may have scattered the parts in hopes that they would be harder to find. Exposure to the elements (like the water), and animals, etc, would remove some of the evidence linking the murder to him/her.

I think this is a person who believes he (or she) will get away with it...
:moo:

I agree that imo they did it as a plan of avoiding being found caught, just that they were incompetent. Smaller body parts spread over a bigger area like this could surely have been hidden well to avoid detection.

Some reviews at massageplanet indicate a website of forgetmenot dot ca (google will want to default to .com but override their suggestion to get the hits for .ca). On the massageplanet link, one poster says if you click on their "customer review" link, 2 clicks takes you to *advertiser censored* sites. Another poster at 6:22 am says the RMT (registered massage therapist) on the Forget Me Not receipt is Alexander S...yan but there is no RMT registered by that name at the Ontario official RMT association.

If you google Alexander S...yan, he has a physio and chiro practice on Finch. Don't know business ins and outs that well, but if Guang owned the FMN biz, how come her receipts reflect this guy (maybe a subsidiary??)

Another poster indicates that Clinique was a "happy" spa (presumably that elusive happy ending?).

ETA: Alexander S links to a Rehab clinic on Keele as well, and the phone# ultimately links to at least one other chiro and a GP listed in the Trauma Resource Directory.

It's possible she owned one spa, which then closed, and then she took a job as a manicurist at another spa (ie the one she was dropped off at).

Some reviews at massageplanet indicate a website of forgetmenot dot ca (google will want to default to .com but override their suggestion to get the hits for .ca). On the massageplanet link, a poster at 6:22 am says the RMT (registered massage therapist) on the Forget Me Not receipt is Alexander S...yan but there is no RMT registered by that name at the Ontario official RMT association.

If you google Alexander S...yan, he has a physio and chiro practice on Finch. Don't know business ins and outs that well, but if Guang owned the FNB biz, how come her receipts reflect this guy (maybe a subsidiary??)

Another poster indicates that Clinique was a "happy" spa (presumably that elusive happy ending).

You know what`s weird SB...the thread specifically titled FMNS, with the most recent post - was started February 19 2012 and it was said she only applied for the business license under that name in May...unless they meant of 2011.

"While the Forget-Me-Not spa was licensed in May, the city said it received and investigated complaints from residents who believed the business was illegitimate. The sole owner and president, Ms. Liu was a licensed holistic practitioner and body rubber."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...-is-victim-in-body-parts-case-toronto-police/

The Canadian Institute of Body Rubbers? Probably just NastyPost phrasing… JMO of course.

Where were the police at 42 Division checking security video, interviewing neighbours, condo residents and business owners when she was reported missing? Or did I miss all of that?

Some reviews at massageplanet indicate a website of forgetmenot dot ca (google will want to default to .com but override their suggestion to get the hits for .ca). On the massageplanet link, one poster says if you click on their "customer review" link, 2 clicks takes you to *advertiser censored* sites. Another poster at 6:22 am says the RMT (registered massage therapist) on the Forget Me Not receipt is Alexander S...yan but there is no RMT registered by that name at the Ontario official RMT association.

If you google Alexander S...yan, he has a physio and chiro practice on Finch. Don't know business ins and outs that well, but if Guang owned the FNB biz, how come her receipts reflect this guy (maybe a subsidiary??)

Another poster indicates that Clinique was a "happy" spa (presumably that elusive happy ending?).

ETA: Alexander S links to a Rehab clinic on Keele as well, and the phone# ultimately links to at least one other chiro and a GP listed in the Trauma Resource Directory.

Most of these reviews are from before Lui supposedly applied for the business licence in May. Could Alexander S be the former owner? Earlier today I found a Chinese web site with a listing from March of 2012 saying the spa (same name [forget me not], same decals in the window and everything) was for sale. I'll see if I can find the link...

I corrected my post 282 to change "FNB biz" to "FMN biz". Hope I didn't confuse anyone with my typo. Brain and bod do not always work well together ;)

... Another poster at 6:22 am says the RMT (registered massage therapist) on the Forget Me Not receipt is Alexander S...yan but there is no RMT registered by that name at the Ontario official RMT association.

If you google Alexander S...yan, he has a physio and chiro practice on Finch. Don't know business ins and outs that well, but if Guang owned the FMN biz, how come her receipts reflect this guy (maybe a subsidiary??)

It is very common for massage therapists to be connected to chiropractors/chiro practitioners under one clinic. I know there are many questions now about the legitimacy of the FMN spa; if it was legit and/or she was trying to make it legit and/or she was trying to make it LOOK legit, having a chiro would make sense.

What's next door? A medical clinic? A doctor's office? If the crime took place at the spa, wouldn't someone next door hear something? See something?

And what about the apartments/condos (eta: or is it office space??) above the commercial space at street level - I also wonder if it was a resident above that had complained and was questioning the legitimacy of their business that was written about in one of the articles up thread...

also eta: after a rlu on whitepages i'm guessing probably NOT office space.

residential condo: http://www.emporis.com/building/2466-eglinton-avenue-east-toronto-canada

Still no names released!?

:what:

Slightly suspenceful.

FWIW, the motel is located steps from the Agincourt Go Train Station.

Is it NOON yet?????

:please:

Quoting myself because fwiw, Forget Me Not is - also - only steps away from Kennedy Go Train Station and (iirc) there are only 3 stops in between these locations.

http://goo.gl/maps/3DdcL

And what about the apartments/condos (eta: or is it office space??) above the commercial space at street level - I also wonder if it was a resident above that had complained and was questioning the legitimacy of their business that was written about in one of the articles up thread...

also eta: after a rlu on whitepages i'm guessing probably NOT office space.

residential condo: http://www.emporis.com/building/2466-eglinton-avenue-east-toronto-canada

They look like condos to me. She could have had a stalker watching her. Hope LE questioned the residents.

Imran Bachcha, a pharmacist who works next door to the spa, said police have requested access to the video recorded by on-site security cameras.

A few doors down, Jong Soon Suh became tearful over the news about Liu's death.

"It's a nightmare," said Suh, who has owned a dry cleaning business in the complex for nearly 18 years. "It's very sad. She was the mother of three children."

Suh said a Caucasian man came into her store last week with a missing poster of Liu. He was visibly upset and said that Liu was his girlfriend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/08/21/toronto-boyd-parts.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back