CANADA Canada- Isabella Dan, 53, Toronto lawyer, owner of a law office in Markham, 3 March 2023 *Suspicious*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isabella kept such a low profile online that you have to wonder. Her law office was almost neglible. I presumed it was because her SM was positioned toward the Chinese-Canadian audience and they had other platforms. But I'm not really sure.
I hope she is safe. But I also hope she hasn't taken off with other peoples' money.

Where are you Isabella?? Your family is worried about you.

Thank you.

From your link:
“OPP Const. Lindsay Griffin said police called in a K9 cadaver dog and a forensic anthropologist as well as the OPP crime unit and coroner to assist on scene. The remains were located about 200 metres from the highway.

Griffin said she couldn't comment on the identity of the person whose remains have been found, nor for how long they have been decaying, but confirmed, "it's bones."”

So no one could get in touch with family, friends reported her missing, low profile online, and legal issues. I do wonder if Isabella Dan was her name, to begin with, or if this was already a new identity that was presumed. If no "Isabella Dan" owned a condo where she lived, perhaps she was already using an alias? Interested to see how this one turns out. MOO

Apr 24, 2023 rbbm
Missing Markham lawyer Isabella Dan was facing at least four civil lawsuits for mortgage fraud leading up to her disappearance.

''Dan, who has a law office near Woodbine and Steeles Aves., is described as 5-foot-7, with a medium build, long dark hair and brown eyes.
She was wearing a beige coat with a fur collar and black pants when she was last seen.''

1695771833707.png

Does anybody know - are case documents pertaining to the four civil lawsuits filed against ID with Ontario’s Superior Court viewable online?
Now I think my previous answer was incorrect. You can search the court information online that I previously linked, and if you contact the courts with the case numbers etc. they should be able to send you the details unless they’re sealed.

Requests to view court files can be initiated as follows:

1. In-person or through an agent at the Records Office public counter (located on the Concourse Level of Osgoode Hall)
  2. By phone: 416-327-6658
  3. By e-mail: E-file@ontario.ca
  4. By fax: 416-327-2213

Although ID has never been publicly linked to these other instances of alleged mortgage fraud occurring in Markham, an Asian mortgage broker was recently arrested. I’ve wonder if ID was the behind the scenes lawyer registering the 2nd mortgages on the victim‘s properties, working with the accused. In these cases, the victims could not read or speak English and claim the 2nd mortgages were registered without their knowledge. There’s so many similarities between both cases, unusual if it’s just all coincidence.

Does anybody know - are case documents pertaining to the four civil lawsuits filed against ID with Ontario’s Superior Court viewable online?

Yes, although you might need to sign up to view Ontario court case documents online.

Yes, although you might need to sign up to view Ontario court case documents online.

Check out pic at my post # 14.

It’s been awhile, a refresher on the civil suits originally filed against Dan before she disappeared.

“…Dan was facing multiple civil court battles at the time of her disappearance.

She's (Dan’s) named in four ongoing cases at Ontario's Superior Court involving allegations of fraudulent mortgages taken out on properties in the Greater Toronto Area. The most recent was filed in December 2022.

"The lawsuits for my client do not allege Dan facilitated, initiated or benefited from the alleged fraud," said Glenn Cohen, a lawyer representing the plaintiff in two of the cases against Dan.

"They plead claims of lawyer's negligence and breach of contract, in that she failed to comply with the terms of the mortgage commitment, in particular regarding title insurance, and failed to advise the client about aspects of the transactions."

None of the claims have been proven in court…”

Through her lawyers, Dan has filed statements of defence denying the allegations. The most recent of those statements was filed in October 2022.

Her lawyers told CBC Toronto they could not comment on the ongoing proceedings as the matters are before the courts.

Anyone with any information about Dan's disappearance is being asked to contact York Regional Police….”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back