CANADA Canada- Jeremy Gordaneer, 49, former artist resident @Camosun College, found suffering from critical wounds, @ his mom's home, Victoria, BC,31/8/21.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1725228243238.png
Aug 31 '24
'It's been one year since a Victoria man was found murdered inside his mother's home in the Rockland area, and his family members are still looking for answers about his death.

Jeremy Gordaneer, 49, was found suffering from critical wounds inside the Carberry Gardens home on Aug. 31, 2021.

Police and paramedics were called to the home around 5 a.m. and tried to treat his injuries, but he died at the scene.

Investigators determined that his death was a homicide and the Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit took over the investigation.'
1725227378468.png1725227392194.png1725227405055.png1725227418400.png

Investigators Release Timeline On The Third Anniversary Of Jeremy Gordaneer’s Homicide​

Date: Saturday, August 31, 2024
VicPD File: 21-35509
VIIMCU File: 21-14817
Victoria, BC – Investigators with the Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit (VIIMCU) have released a timeline of Jeremy Gordaneer’s final hours in a renewed request for information in the homicide investigation.
At approximately 5 a.m. on August 31st, 2021, VicPD officers were called to Jeremy Gordaneer’s mother’s residence in the 1000-block of Carberry Gardens. Officers attended, along with B.C. Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) paramedics and located Jeremy Gordaneer inside the residence suffering from life-threatening injuries. Officers and BCEHS paramedics provided emergency first aid. However, Jeremy died from his injuries. He was 49 years old. '

Detectives with VicPD’s Major Crime Unit were called to the scene and continued the investigation. The incident was determined to be a homicide and VIIMCU assumed conduct of the investigation.

VIIMCU investigators continue to build a timeline of the events leading up to Jeremy’s death. Jeremy was living in Edmonton at the time of his murder and arrived in Victoria to visit family on Saturday, August 28, 2021. On August 30, at about 5:00 p.m., Jeremy went out for dinner with his daughters at a downtown restaurant, then stopped at a pub in the 1100-block of Government Street. From there, Jeremy walked north on Fort Street back to his mother’s home on Carberry Gardens. Jeremy was last seen outside of the residence at 7:51 p.m. that evening. No arrests have been made in this investigation.

“We are thankful to all of those who came forward with information over the past three years” said VIIMCU investigator Cst. Elyse Patten. “The investigation continues, and we are once again asking those with information, who have yet to speak with police, anyone who may have seen a suspicious vehicle or person in the area of the 1000-block of Carberry Gardens in the early morning hour August 31, 2021, to please contact us.”

In 2022, Jeremy Gordaneer’s family, including his sister, Alisa, and his daughters, Clea and Sylvie, made a video in which they shared stories about Jeremy as a loving father and caring brother, and appealed for those who know what happened to him to come forward. You can watch the video here: Family Of Jeremy Gordaneer Appeals For Information In Homicide Investigation

If you have information about this homicide, please call VIIMCU directly at (250) 380-6211. ''

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!​

Have to wonder if any partying after the bar with people he didn't know?

Or did he invite someone over after the pub to hang out and things went sideways? Sounds like no forced entry so maybe someone he let in?

Aug 31, 2022
File: 21-35509The family of Jeremy Gordaneer, along with the Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit (VIIMCU), is appealing for information to assist with the investigation into Jeremy’s homicide in August of 2021.

Sep 7, 2021 VANCOUVER
Canada's tight-knit art world is reeling after the death in Victoria of multimedia artist Jeremy Gordaneer, in what police are treating as a homicide.

I'm wondering where his mother was and if she's the one who found him or if he called 911 himself.
Unsure if she was home or not but sounds like she wasn't home at the time?

I had assumed she lived in a house in Rockland (pricey neighborhood, at least it used to be for real estate) but sounds like she lived in an apartment. Seems like not a typical cookie-cutter apartment building but one those huge heritage houses that have been converted to suites within it (lots of those in Rockland).

I'm posing that thought because curious about access/camera surveillance in those types of buildings. Most wouldn't have cameras I woundn't think as most I think are privately owned...hard to say if separate entrance, or one key to main entrance then separate keys to suites. Screenshot of area 1000 area of Carberry Gardens as example of possible type apartments.

"...was found gravely injured in his mother’s apartment.. last seen outside of her building at 7:51 p.m. that evening"

1725248651146.png

I tried to match up the area from the news shot and Google maps (from 2017 so it's overgrown) and I think it's the same spot. Looks like possible houuse on the right? So possible separate entrances and easy to walk up.

I get impression attacker was known to him though :( I think that's why LE is using family statements to make a plea, to weigh on someone's conscience perhaps.

1725249569675.png1725249629733.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back