CANADA Canada - Joe Grozelle, 21, RMC student, Kingston, Ont, 22 Oct 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"He (the officer) has told us not to talk to the media, not to talk to anyone about this," said the mother. "We have to talk to someone.""

Where in the Canadian Constitution does it state that the military is allowed to violate freedom of speech provisions by telling folks to STFU ?

My heart goes out to this Mom on the loss of her son, and my Thanks go out to her for her courage in speaking out.

I recently found this information:

“I regret to announce the death in Afghanistan of Major Michelle Mendes, spouse of our Varsity soccer coach, Victor Mendes. Many of you may recall her as 22007 OCdt Michelle Knight, Class of 2001, BA Honours History. Details surrounding her death and issues regarding repatriation and any ecumenical service(s) are not available at this time. Lieutenant-Colonel Rod McDonald, a close friend of Vic’s, is providing assistance on behalf of the College."

From: http://www.rmcclub.ca/everitaswp/Index.php?cat=17&paged=3

Then I remembered where I had heard that name before:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/shadowsofdoubt/interview_mcdonald.html

So sad that there hasn't been any information/headway on Joe's case.

MOO

I have been watching this case with great interest from the beginning....I don't believe ((gut feeling only)) that he committed suicide.

I myself am not completely convinced RW had anything to do with Joe's death. I mean, Joe was a big guy and very athletic. He would have put up quite the fight, unless he fell victim to a sneak attack - I'm just thinking out loud here.
I can agree that Russell Williams is a waste of skin though - that much I'm certain on.

I think it is possible that Williams had something to do with Joe's death.

Hopefully, Joe's death is one of the cases that LE is "still working on", with regards to RW.

It's 2014 and for all appearances, no one has worked on Joe's case for several years now. Here's bumping for Joe.

this is just awful.....they never did publicly release the tox results did they

March 1, 2012

By mid-morning Wednesday, Ron Grozelle had already heard the tragic news that the body of Royal Military College cadet Mathieu LeClair had been discovered in the waters of Lake Ontario.

It cast Grozelle's memory back to 2003, when his own son, Joe, also an RMC cadet, was found in the Cataraqui River after being missing for 22 days.

LeClair was the manager of the RMC Paladins men's basketball squad. Joe Gro*zelle was a player on the same team at the time of his death.

Along with Grozelle's condolences come some serious concerns for how this latest death of an RMC cadet will be investigated - and who will do the investigating.

Military police are assuming the lead role, but Grozelle has objections.

"Their uniform comes first, then their job comes second," he said. "Based on my prior dealings with the military, I have concerns about the operations of the NIS and the military (finding) answers to incidents that occur."

http://www.thewhig.com/2012/02/29/man-wouldnt-allow-military-to-investigate

this whole scenario is very ''freaky'' given that both young men were involved with basketball and both found dead in the water.

In light of the events of this past week (W.O. Patrice Vincent's and CPL Cirillo's murders)....perhaps some pressure should be applied to look into these two mysterious deaths.

Palace Theatre play will explore disappearance, death of area student Joe Grozelle

A London theatre production will retrace many of the steps taken in a police investigation and coroner’s inquest to train a spotlight on the 2003 death of a local student.

The Palace Theatre will stage Veritas, a play about the death of Joe Grozelle – a native of the Chatham-Kent community of Ridgetown whose body was found in the Cataraqui River near Kingston’s Royal Military College, where he was a cadet.

this whole scenario is very ''freaky'' given that both young men were involved with basketball and both found dead in the water.

Hazing incidents? Hazing in sports is pretty violent and many males are assaulted in various ways, With the #MeToo movement recently coming out regarding hockey, I wouldn't be surprised if RMC has/had issues too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back