Found Deceased Canada - Johnson Redhead, 6, didn't arrive at class after school breakfast program, Shamattawa, Manitoba, 18 Sep 2024 *Active Search*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1726813066256.png

Shamattawa RCMP are searching for a missing six-year-old boy who hasn’t been seen since Wednesday morning.

Mounties say Johnson Redhead went to school that morning, attending its breakfast program until 9 a.m. However, he did not arrive at class after it ended, police say.

See linked article for more details, including:

* It is a forested area.

* 50 - 100 community members and local RCMP began searching Wednesday morning.

* An RCMP S&R team arrived Thursday in early afternoon. Canadian Rangers, Office of Fire Commissioner and Winnipeg Volunteer S&R have also arrived. Dogs and drones will be brought in.

1726814584280.png

KISCHIMATTAWOW PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT (SHAMATTAWA)

Posted on FB by the Wellness Coordinator for KTC

JC Sinclair

Yesterday at 5:23 PM ·
*****public service announcEment*****
Shammattawa First Nation
Johnson Redhead 6 years old-MISSING 24 hours as of right now Sept 19/24 11:15am
* 7:07pm- called RCMP in Thompson to alert them of situation. As of 8:42pm still no call back from RCMP.
* 7:45pm- ground search started at the school.
* 8:36pm- Sheri Ann Schweder-koostachin is on her way to the school to set off fire works in hope that it will show Johnson a way home.
She also has flashlights if you’re willing to look and need one!!
* 9:05pm- We still have not located Johnson. Still have not heard back from RCMP
* 9:11pm- called RCMP AGAIN. Waiting for a call back to have more resources. (No call back since 7:07pm when first call was made)
* 9:43 pm- RCMP called back stating they had been looking since 12:00pm Noon today and there is only one officer in the station that can’t leave. I asked the Sargent to remember there is a 5 year old boy possibly in the woods alone for the night. He stated that search and rescues will be coming tomorrow sometime. I told him that’s not good enough we need more. If they knew at 12:00pm noon there was plenty of time to arrange more then this. The officer stated he is going to call his Sargent. I stated I would be calling grand chief Walter Wasesticoot and Mko grand Cheif Garrison Settee.
* 10:08pm recieved a call from the Sargent RCMP: he stated that the reason for the search & Rescue not being deployed yet is because their plane is down and they are currently looking for a charter for their team to come. RCMP are requesting that everybody check their homes, their backyards, vehicles, anywhere that a small child could fit to eliminate your residence.
* 11:05pm- still no report of anyone finding Johnson. Police and community member a have been searching since 12pm Sept 18th/2024. It was realized that Johnson left the school between 9am-11am. Currently he has been missing for 12-13 hours. The phone lines are down in Shamattawa, people are still actively searching.
* Sept 19th/2024
* 5:05am- looking for more volunteers to continue. Still have not located Johnson
* 9:04pm I am looking for a support group to attend Johnson’s mothers house to provide her with emotional support. If you are capable please contact me.
* 10:20am-Lookimg for someone to meet @ Sheri Ann Schweder-koostachin to help start the ARGO’S & someone to help get the quads from the compound to be gassed up. WHO CAN HELP???
* 11:15 am- 24 hours missing.
* 2:02pm- waiting for search & Rescue services in Shamattawa.
* 4:00pm- search & Rescue is on the ground in Sham looking.
* 8:11pm- it’s getting dark again, Johnson has not been located. More resources are being brought in tomorrow

* 9:06pm-we are at 32 hours of Johnson Redhead missing.
Everyone is doing an amazing job. If you need any support, please contact me.

Looking for someone to set up a coffee station at the school for the people searching

* LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO GO DOOR TO DOOR**** 9:08pm still needing someone.
I am the wellness coordinator for KTC. I am hoping to arrange a Ground search for Johnson Redhead. From 7:45pm- till found, if your available to come
We are looking for people to check:
-the school area
- wooded areas around the school
-Road and wooded around to the dump

If you have older kids that can go out searching send em over! Every bit helps
If anyone has flashlights, please bring them out. If you are able to come help search please comment on this post or message me directly. If you have a flash light you can lend but can’t go search please message we can do our best to arrange pick up.

Lets get Johnson home together as a community.

Shamattawa RCMP searching for missing child​

September 19, 2024
Shamattawa, Manitoba

On September 18, 2024, at approximately 12:30 pm, Shamattawa RCMP received a report that a six-year-old boy was missing. Johnson Redhead had attended the local school and attended the breakfast program until 9:00 am, but did not arrive in class after the program ended.

A large-scale search was immediately initiated by community members and RCMP. Searchers combed through wooded areas, trails, roads, sheds, and construction equipment looking for the child. RCMP officers obtained video footage from the school in an attempt to ascertain which direction Johnson went or the circumstances surrounding him leaving school property.

ATVs and vehicles are being used to search as well as searchers covering areas on foot.

The RCMP Search and Rescue Team as well as the Office of the Fire Commissioner, with several volunteers from Winnipeg Volunteer Search and Rescue (WinSar) are en route to the community via air to assist with the search. The Canadian Rangers have also been engaged and will attend the community to assist with the search.

If you have information, please call Shamattawa RCMP at 204-565-2351, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477, or secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com.

there was another thread on this but it appears to be gone now - strange
very scary situation
he did not arrive at class? he's 6 - shouldn't an adult be taking him to class?
is class in the same building as the breakfast program?
is Johnson autistic? they should be checking water if so
the setting off of fireworks is a good idea - something they should think about doing in other cases IMO
no word on what surveillance videos showed?

How does this happen, surely he can't have just walked out Breakfast Club without anyone knowing? Seems like his teacher didn't realise he'd been in Breakfast Club that morning and perhaps thought he was off poorly. There seems huge time gaps between him not showing for class, being reported missing and a proper search getting underway imo. Hope they can find him safe

FB Post from Missing Children Society of Canada. FB Post from Kischimattawow Public Announcements (Shamattawa) PSA about JR's disappearance.

VERY remote area, search crews are being flown in.
The morning JR disappeared, the phone lines were not working due to a fire. (per comment from local on the post)

I am seeing comments that indicate JR was autistic, had run away from school a few days prior and was found walking without shoes. He is a First Nation child, this is a First Nations community. Here is image from Google maps of the area around the school. There is a river going across the bottom left corner of the image. 1726854483144.png

This is an information brochure for prospective teachers to this area. A lot of information about the school and community. extension://moflefeaglahaffdcfllaceiidcfmpdb/lib/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.mfnss.com%2Fmedia%2FDefault%2Fmedialib%2Fteach_for_shamattawa_2019_web.357d23163.pdf
Located along the north shore, where God’s River and
Echoing River merge, Shamattawa First Nation is a small,
remote, fly in community with beautiful scenery and an
opportunity to experience nature at its finest.
School serves pre-K to 12th grade. School starts 9 am, runs to 3:30. Approximately 400 students. Community is about 1,000 in city limits.
Average day
Teachers arrive at 8:30 a.m. and can either participate
in the school’s breakfast program or prep for classes
that begin at 9:00 a.m. Lunch starts at 11:30 a.m., and
teachers help their students catch the bus on time at
lunch hour and the end of the day. Classes resume
at 1:00 p.m, and the school day ends at 3:30 p.m. for
students. Teachers leave at 4 p.m.
So breakfast is 8:30-9:00 am. Then students go home at 11:30 for lunch, return at 1:00 pm. Teachers take students to bus for lunch.

During Covid-19 pandemic, the school was closed for 10 months. There is no Internet, so all students were retained in the grade they were in at the start of the Pandemic. They had a massive outbreak in the community, and the school was used to house the sick (just sharing background of school/community)

A lot of information being shared on the community FB, especially in comments. This little boy took bus to school with siblings and left at the end of breakfast. Nonverbal, autistic, FAS, from what I have gleaned on the community FB.
They are showing footprints found, First they look kind of big for this little tike and 2nd, is he now barefoot? OMG, Praying

Update - Shamattawa RCMP searching for missing child​

September 20, 2024
Shamattawa, Manitoba
News release

The search for Johnson Redhead, 6, continues.

RCMP Police Service Dog Phlex has arrived in the community with his handler and is involved in the search. Two drones are now in the community and being used and a helicopter will be en route as soon as the weather allows. In addition, more officers out of Thompson are also on their way to join the search.

"This search has not stopped in intensity from the moment we received the report up to the present," said Sergeant Mark Svaren, Shamattawa RCMP Detachment Commander. "Within minutes of the report, Shamattawa RCMP officers were engaged with the community in the search, and I cannot stress enough how community involvement has been strong and steady from the moment it was realized that Johnson was missing."

On September 18, 2024, at approximately 12:30 pm, Shamattawa RCMP received a report that a six-year-old boy was missing. Johnson Redhead had attended the local school and attended the breakfast program until 9:00 am, but did not arrive in class after the program ended.

A large-scale search was immediately initiated by community members and RCMP. Searchers combed through wooded areas, trails, roads, sheds, and construction equipment looking for the child. RCMP officers obtained video footage from the school in an attempt to ascertain which direction Johnson went or the circumstances surrounding him leaving school property.

ATVs and vehicles are being used to search as well as searchers covering areas on foot.

The RCMP Search and Rescue Team as well as the Office of the Fire Commissioner, with several volunteers from Winnipeg Volunteer Search and Rescue (WinSar) are en route to the community via air to assist with the search. The Canadian Rangers have also been engaged and will attend the community to assist with the search.

If you have information, please call Shamattawa RCMP at 204-565-2351, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477, or secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com.
–30–

Contact information

Phone: 204-983-8497
Email: RCMP.Media.GRC.Manitoba@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Manitoba RCMP Media Relations Unit

Tara Seel, Media Relations Officer
Sgt. Paul Manaigre, Media Relations Officer
Robert Cyrenne, Director Communications and Media Relations

www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/mb
Twitter @rcmpmb | @GRCManitoba

File number: 20241378152

Has anyone seen any kind of description of what the boy was wearing when he left? What colors searchers should be looking for? Any update on what the school cameras showed? These things are bugging me after reading through this thread.
4 days and not found yet. Such a little thing.
Unfortunately, I've been at WS way too long to not agree with the poster who said "the river". We've just seen this SOooo many times. The fireworks idea, I like for a child missing in wooded areas, but I'm worried with an autistic child it might scare him and drive him deeper into hiding.

Maybe a bullhorn playing a favorite cartoon or song loudly?
Oh please be found safe little guy.

He went to school on a bus with siblings. He had breakfast with other children, and I’m assuming his siblings were there as well having breakfast. Are there teachers or monitors keeping an eye on the children while they’re having their meal?

How does a 6 year old non verbal, autistic child, navigate from the “breakfast” area to his class? On his own? Does someone take him and if so where was that person?

He didn’t arrive in his class at 9:00 am and wasn’t reported missing until 12:30 pm.

He has run away previously per a post upthread and no one kept an eye on him?

Such a hugely vulnerable child. In that terrain, the river, the wildlife, the seclusion, it’s hard to see a good outcome.

Poor little guy.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member