CANADA- Kelsey Ouellette, shot in vehicle November 5, 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

stonedgnome

Reaction score
1668705357331.png

"Police have ruled the death of a woman who was found near Edmonton's Jasper Avenue with multiple gunshot wounds a homicide.

Thirty-one-year-old Kelsey Ouellette was identified by police in an update on Friday, nearly one week after shots were heard in the Oliver community.

Ouellette, who was found in a vehicle near 116 Street, died at the scene.

An autopsy confirmed she was shot to death.

They said officers responded to numerous reports of gunshots in the area of Jasper Avenue and 116 Street at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday.

When they arrived, they found Ouellette inside a vehicle with gunshot wounds. Officers tried to treat her but when paramedics arrived, she was pronounced dead.

An autopsy was done on Nov. 10 and the medical examiner determined Ouellette died from multiple gunshot wounds."

Quoted from:
Woman shot in vehicle in Oliver area was victim of homicide: EPS

'Life-changing event': Police issue cryptic plea for tips after woman shot dead near Jasper Avenue."

Edmonton police believe a “life-changing” event six months ago may have played a role in a woman’s violent death.

Quote: “We’re confident that the people who are aware of this event and the events surrounding it will understand what it is,” Det. Jared Buhler told reporters Wednesday.
Quote: “To be honest, I’m speaking directly to the people who are aware of this event, because those are the people whose information we need.”

Quoted from:
'Life-changing event': Police issue cryptic plea for tips after woman shot dead near Jasper Avenue

Edmonton police release surveillance video related to homicide of 31-year-old woman

This case is local to me. I've been following it for a few days now, and I could not find a WS thread on Kelsey's murder case.

I am very curious of what information will come out regarding these police statements:

"Some of those people are likely, I believe, following the story closely in the media. We can't locate them at the moment, but we know they have information of relevance to the investigation."

He also confirmed, for the first time, that police believe Ouellette's murder was targeted.

"Our investigation suggests it was a planned ambush against a defenseless victim."

'Life-changing event' occurred before woman was shot, Edmonton police say in plea for info

"Investigators are calling a white Toyota SUV that was seen in the area at the time a "suspect vehicle" and believe it is the same as a 2016 white Toyota Highlander that was found burning later that evening in the area of 259 Avenue and 18 Street, a rural area just within the city's northeast boundary. Forensics will confirm the investigators' hypothesis.
According to police, the Highlander was stolen from northwest Calgary in August and, when found, featured an Alberta licence plate that was stolen from west Edmonton in early October: CKP5569.
The plate was ticketed by photo radar on Oct. 21 in the westbound lanes of Yellowhead Trail at 107 Street, leading police to believe the vehicle was in Edmonton for at least a few weeks prior to the murder. Buhler called it a strategy typically associated with gang violence. When asked if Ouellette's death was gang violence, he said, "All I can say in that regard is that there were people in Kelsey's orbit who are well known to police."
Ouellette, herself, was not known to police prior to being killed, Buhler added.
"I think it's fair to say this file is exceptional in that the victim appears to not necessarily been directly involved in criminal activity herself, but was for some reason, targeted."

1668705912030.png 1668705923380.png

Last edited:

WHITE SUV LINKED TO HOMICIDE​

The 31-year-old woman who had lived in Edmonton for "several years" was found in a vehicle near Jasper Avenue and 116 Street, near where she lived, Buhler said. Police found her after receiving multiple calls about gunshots ringing out in the Oliver community.

Investigators are calling a white Toyota SUV that was seen in the area at the time a "suspect vehicle" and believe it is the same as a 2016 white Toyota Highlander that was found burning later that evening in the area of 259 Avenue and 18 Street, a rural area just within the city's northeast boundary.

Forensics will confirm the investigators' hypothesis.

According to police, the Highlander was stolen from northwest Calgary in August and, when found, featured an Alberta licence plate that was stolen from west Edmonton in early October: CKP5569.

The plate was ticketed by photo radar on Oct. 21 in the westbound lanes of Yellowhead Trail at 107 Street, leading police to believe the vehicle was in Edmonton for at least a few weeks prior to the murder.

Buhler asked anyone – from community members who may have noticed the stolen SUV parked on their street, to someone who may have possessed it after it was stolen – to contact police.

"Understanding how that vehicle came to be in Edmonton, where it was in Edmonton, and how it may have ended up in the hands of someone who's willing to commit a violent offence like this is important to the investigation," he said.

"Someone may have given that vehicle to the shooter. They may have never known this was the intention. But now that you know the end result, my appeal to them is to do the right thing. We understand that people come in all shades of grey, and we're willing to look past that in this case to help bring some justice to this young lady's family."

Edmonton Police Service somewhat regularly finds vehicles burned after a shooting.

Quoted from:
'Life-changing event' occurred before woman was shot, Edmonton police say in plea for info

New information has been revealed. Her murder was apparently targeted, and connected to her boyfriend (a known drug dealer) who died a few months before she was killed:

That is just sad

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back