Canada- Krystyna Rerak, 56, & Andrzej Rerak, 59, home fire, Georgetown, ON, 17 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The Runisher

Reaction score
Suspicious house fire turns to homicide investigation in Georgetown, Ontario, after neighbour's camera captures spine tingling footage of suspect sneaking undetected into garage as husband pulls in from work and garage door shuts.

Approximately 11 hours later the house goes up in flames and the couple is found dead inside. The bodies of Krystyna and Andrzej Rerak were pulled from the burning home in the early am.

So we have someone layng in wait, gaining access to the house presumably undetected, potentially in the house with the couple for nearly 12 hours until, a fire or multiple fires (potentially small explosions) are set to cover up the scene.

Andrzej Rerak was an engineering executive at the Canadian Boiler Makers Society. - one of the trade associations representing Boilermakers.

What are your thoughts??

Initial hunch this is somehow connected to his work....someone disgruntled and apparently psychopathic.

Creepy video
Video appears to show individual following vehicle into garage of Georgetown home where two people were later found dead

'Shocking': Couple found dead in Georgetown house fire identified

This is really chilling to watch! Clearly a targeted hit and really brazen to go in while they were driving into the garage as they could of easily been spotted or run over by the car if an altercation ensued. It looks as though they were confident that once they were inside they would be able to incapacitate them fairly quickly. IMO

Video appears to show person sneak into garage of Georgetown home where 2 people found dead

TORONTO -- New surveillance footage obtained by CP24 appears to show an unknown individual sneaking into the open garage of a Georgetown home where two people were later found dead following a fire.

Emergency crews arrived at the home on Hidden Lake Trail, near 8 Line and 10 Side Road, at around 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

Two people were found deceased inside the home.

On Friday, police said that as a result of an ongoing post-mortem examination, the deaths have now been deemed suspicious.

Video appears to show person sneak into garage

The footage obtained by CP24 was taken from a surveillance camera attached to a neighbour’s home and has since been shared with police. It shows a vehicle pulling into the garage of the home just before 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Once the vehicle pulls into the garage an unknown individual then emerges from the side of the home and walks in behind it.

Someone then exits the vehicle and appears to head inside the home, at which point the garage door closes. At the time the door closes, the individual that followed the vehicle into the garage was standing beside the passenger door.

rbbm.
Feb 26 2021
Police seek vehicle as part of investigation into fatal Georgetown fire - CityNews Toronto
Krystyna-Emilia-Rerak-Andrzej-Andrew-Rerak-Georgetown-fire-death.jpg

Photo of Andrzej and Krystyna Rerak, whose bodies were found following a fire in Georgetown on Feb. 17. HRPS/HO
''Halton police are looking to speak with the occupant of a vehicle seen in the area of a suspicious fire last week that left two Georgetown residents dead.

Police were called to a home on Hidden Lake Trail just after 5:30 a.m. on the morning of February 17. The house was fully engulfed in flames when police arrived before being extinguished by Halton Hills Fire.

A subsequent investigation revealed two people dead inside the home. They have since been identified as the homeowners, 56-year-old Krystyna (Emilia) Rerak, and her 59-year-old husband Andrzej (Andrew) Rerak.

A post-mortem examination concluded that the deaths of the man and woman were “suspicious” resulting in homicide detectives taking over the investigation.''

Georgetown-fire-car.jpg

Police say they want to speak with the driver of a newer model, white, mid-sized SUV that was seen in the areas of Orchid Avenue, Robinson Road and Danby Road and may have driven past the scene between the hours of 4:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. on the morning of the fire.

Police are also appealing for any dash cam or home surveillance footage in the area of Hidden Lake Trail between the hours of 6 a.m. February 16 to 6 a.m. February 17 to contact them.'

Hey @dotr is this the case where there is really chilling video footage of the intruder sneaking into the garage as the husband pulled up into it?
Yes, it is! (Hoping to find it on youtube.)
Video appears to show person sneak into garage of Georgetown home where 2 people found dead
''TORONTO -- New surveillance footage obtained by CP24 appears to show an unknown individual sneaking into the open garage of a Georgetown home where two people were later found dead following a fire.

Emergency crews arrived at the home on Hidden Lake Trail, near 8 Line and 10 Side Road, at around 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

Two people were found deceased inside the home.''
''The footage obtained by CP24 was taken from a surveillance camera attached to a neighbour’s home and has since been shared with police. It shows a vehicle pulling into the garage of the home just before 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Once the vehicle pulls into the garage an unknown individual then emerges from the side of the home and walks in behind it.

Someone then exits the vehicle and appears to head inside the home, at which point the garage door closes. At the time the door closes, the individual that followed the vehicle into the garage was standing beside the passenger door.''

Yes, it is! (Hoping to find it on youtube.)
''TORONTO -- New surveillance footage obtained by CP24 appears to show an unknown individual sneaking into the open garage of a Georgetown home where two people were later found dead following a fire.

Two people were found deceased inside the home.''
''The footage obtained by CP24 was taken from a surveillance camera attached to a neighbour’s home and has since been shared with police. It shows a vehicle pulling into the garage of the home just before 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Once the vehicle pulls into the garage an unknown individual then emerges from the side of the home and walks in behind it.

Someone then exits the vehicle and appears to head inside the home, at which point the garage door closes. At the time the door closes, the individual that followed the vehicle into the garage was standing beside the passenger door.''

super creepy

This scenario is the reason why I always pull into my garage, hit the button to close the garage door while still in my vehicle (and the doors of the vehicle automatically lock whenI drive), watch the door close in my rearview, and only then turn the car off and exit the vehicle. I figure if I saw someone in the garage, and I was still locked in my vehicle, I could lean on the horn to attract neighbors’ attention or in a worst case scenario, just throw the car in reverse, floor it, and crash through the garage door. Always felt a little silly being so paranoid, but feel much less so after learning about this case.

Wow that's one of the most terrifying videos I've seen in awhile. Definitely makes you think about not letting your guard down when you get home. I admit I usually pull in, turn off my car, take time gathering up my stuff in my car, and this whole while, the garage door is open. Yikes, I think I am changing that behavior right now.

So is the thought that this individual made themselves known to the homeowners immediately and either killed or terrorized them right away, but waited awhile to start the fire?

Others, including dotr have also posted this update - Halton Regional Police now have a person of interest and are searching for the driver of a white, newer model mid-sized SUV (looks like a Volkswagen Tiguan to me) that was seen in the area of Orchid Avenue, Robison Road and Danby Road in Georgetown between 4:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on Feb. 17. The vehicle likely drove by first responders on the scene in the early AM of the murders.

My theory is still that this murder had something to do with Andrew Rerak's job at HSB Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company....maybe a claimant not having their claim paid out....the fire and possible explosions...

Something happened from the intruder entering the garage at 6:30 pm on Tuesday and the explosion/fire 11 hours later. Was gas available at the home? Did he murder them then turn on the gas for an explosion to occur? Did he come back and light the fire or stay the entire night? Surely more CCTV is available from the neighbor that had the original stream of their car coming into the garage and him sneaking into the garage that Tues. night. Probably where they got the info about the white SUV. Very creepy indeed.

Something happened from the intruder entering the garage at 6:30 pm on Tuesday and the explosion/fire 11 hours later. Was gas available at the home? Did he murder them then turn on the gas for an explosion to occur? Did he come back and light the fire or stay the entire night? Surely more CCTV is available from the neighbor that had the original stream of their car coming into the garage and him sneaking into the garage that Tues. night. Probably where they got the info about the white SUV. Very creepy indeed.
The timeline is very strange.

It was also mentioned that the bodies were found in the garage... That's a strange place to leave victims, especially if the intention was to cover up the murders to look like a house fire - Garages, esp those in which a raging fire (with explosions) originates, are an awfully weird place for a couple fleeing a fire to end up. Almost wonder if she and/or he refused to cooperate, and the assailant didn't gain access to the house while they were alive. Moving the bodies may not have been viable, depending on the assailant's strength and/or weight of the victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back