Found Alive Canada - L.S., 13, missing from Edmonton, AB, found alive in Oregon, 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She's been found!!

"A 13-year-old Edmonton girl who disappeared more than a week ago has been found in Oregon.
Edmonton police said in a news release that LS was found Saturday morning. Her family has been notified and arrangements are being made to return her to Edmonton.
The teen has been taken to a children’s hospital in Oregon for a precautionary examination, police said."

More at:

Missing Edmonton girl LS found safe in Oregon

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully LS was found!

"A 41-year-old Oregon man has been arrested and is to face charges of child luring, the release said. Other charges may be added as the investigation continues."

Missing Edmonton girl LS found safe in Oregon ; 41-year-old man in custody

Was not expecting to read that she was so far away from home. Probably not the first person to have been lured by this guy. I hope LS and her family are ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! This is unbelievable! Edmonton is a few hours north of me. Thank goodness she has been found but OMG she will have some recovering to do - as will her parents. My heart goes out to all of them. MOO

This article has more details:

"Police said they believe the suspect was in Mission, B.C., outside of Vancouver, for between three and four days."

"Edmonton police have faced questions as to why an AMBER alert was not issued in the case.

At the initial stages of this investigation, there was no evidence to suggest she was with someone, so this file did not meet the criteria,” Staff Sgt. James Vanderland of EPS’ Historical Crimes Section said in a Saturday news release, noting AMBER alerts require all of a tip of the suspect’s identity, location and vehicle description.

Dahlseide said by the time police gathered that information and were preparing an AMBER alert, it soon became apparent the pair were no longer in Canada.

“When we were able to identify the suspect male and a potential vehicle and started to work towards the AMBER Alert, the wheels really started to turn on the investigation and started to pick up speed,” he said."

Interesting that LE didn't realise she had been lured for a few days. They must have been communicating on a platform that instantly deleted itself or was very well hidden.

rbbm.
''A teenage girl from Edmonton, who was first reported missing over a week ago, was found safe in the state of Oregon Saturday, police say.

A man, 41, from Oregon has been arrested. The Edmonton Police Service say they will be charging him with child luring under the Criminal Code of Canada, though more charges may be laid as the investigation progresses, including charges from other police agencies, said Insp. Brent Dahlseide, of the EPS' major crimes branch, during a news conference Saturday morning.

"This was an intensive investigation right from the beginning," Dahlseide said.

"This is a happy ending to an investigation that was exhaustive and intensive; a very heavy week for family and friends, as well, not knowing where [the child] was."

Edmonton police partnered with multiple police agencies, including the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, Gladstone Police (Oregon), Oregon City Police and the FBI.

Dahlseide described the investigation as unique in that EPS does not often have to coordinate with police forces outside the province, let alone across international borders.''

''The child luring charge is the only one to be laid for now because Edmonton police believe it can be supported based on the online history, Dahlseide explained.

He does not know what charges U.S. law enforcement may lay.

Police also do not know how the girl wound up across the border.

Edmonton police, with help from the FBI, are working to map out the route the Oregon man took to get to Edmonton, as well as the route he and the girl — or routes, if they travelled separately — travelled to get to the U.S., Dahlseide said.''

"Edmonton police have faced questions as to why an AMBER alert was not issued in the case.

At the initial stages of this investigation, there was no evidence to suggest she was with someone, so this file did not meet the criteria,” Staff Sgt. James Vanderland of EPS’ Historical Crimes Section said in a Saturday news release, noting AMBER alerts require all of a tip of the suspect’s identity, location and vehicle description.

Dahlseide said by the time police gathered that information and were preparing an AMBER alert, it soon became apparent the pair were no longer in Canada.

“When we were able to identify the suspect male and a potential vehicle and started to work towards the AMBER Alert, the wheels really started to turn on the investigation and started to pick up speed,” he said."

Interesting that LE didn't realise she had been lured for a few days. They must have been communicating on a platform that instantly deleted itself or was very well hidden.
It takes time to get a production order for social media accounts and then for the response to come back.

The suspect has been named and the charges are listed in his jail booking information. Can we sleuth him now?
The suspect has been named and the charges are listed in his jail booking information. Can we sleuth him now?
His name is now available in US MSM as well.

Name is Noah Madrano and Yes he can be sleuthed. We just have to be 100% sure we have the right one as I believe there are a couple. I haven't had a lot of time to snoop but I'm pretty sure it is the one who's bio seems more associated with Oregon.

I would like to know if the few days in Mission BC was before or after her abduction. I am very familiar with Mission and it isn't far from me and I would love to know where he may have stayed or who he may have stayed with.

is this him? It is Portland Oregon based....

Noah Madrano

Noah Madrano​

Owner & Producer at Power T Productions​

Gladstone, Oregon, United States10 connections​

Join to connect

Sub-Human Intellect Theater

Sep 2012 - Present​

I developed and currently host the monthly comedy/variety/performance art program Sub-Human Intellect Theater, one of several rotating radio theater programs which air on Monday nights on KBOO-FM. I devise segments and episodes thematically and logistically, write plays and other performance pieces, book guests and other vocal performers, conduct prerecorded interviews, direct voice actors, and mix/edit the audio for broadcast. I run the board and mixer during my show while performing other required duties (such as answering the phone, playing promos/underwriting carts, monitoring and admitting access into building), and manage the show’s social media accounts.

Name is Noah Madrano and Yes he can be sleuthed. We just have to be 100% sure we have the right one as I believe there are a couple. I haven't had a lot of time to snoop but I'm pretty sure it is the one who's bio seems more associated with Oregon.

I would like to know if the few days in Mission BC was before or after her abduction. I am verI think y familiar with Mission and it isn't far from me and I would love to know where he may have stayed or who he may have stayed with.
I think it was before. I have a friend who works for border services and also used to live in Abbotsford and said he could have crossed quite easily into Washington State from Zero Avenue.

I think it was before. I have a friend who works for border services and also used to live in Abbotsford and said he could have crossed quite easily into Washington State from Zero Avenue.

Whether before or after, Mission is only 10 miles straight south to the Sumas border crossing. Gladstone OR to Edmonton AB would not require passing through Mission on the north side of the Fraser River at all. There is a reason he was in Mission for a few days, not just passing through.

Oh yes, I'm sure he was getting help from someone there otherwise why risk keeping her in Canada for so long. My friend at Border Services said they had the alert as soon as she was reported missing. If he was going to go through the legit border he would have been better to go right from Edmonton to Sweet Grass and could have been in the US before she was even reported missing. There was definitely something in Mission.
Whether before or after, Mission is only 10 miles straight south to the Sumas border crossing. Gladstone OR to Edmonton AB would not require passing through Mission on the north side of the Fraser River at all. There is a reason he was in Mission for a few days, not just passing through.

rbbm.
''Edmonton police released a statement writing that Smith and Madrano may have connected online. "This and many other details are still to be confirmed as multiple agencies continue with their investigations," the department wrote.

The girl went missing on June 24 after leaving her Edmonton home for school.

Police said they believe the suspect was in Mission, B.C., outside of Vancouver, for between three and four days.

Police in Abbotsford, B.C., said they obtained CCTV footage Friday at the request of EPS showing the girl at a fast food restaurant about five kilometres from the Sumas border crossing into Washington state.

When Abbotsford officers arrived, the girl and suspect had already left.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back