Found Alive Canada - L.S., 13, missing from Edmonton, AB, found alive in Oregon, 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was hoping we'd see something about his arraignment today, I suppose there's still lots of time but I'm anxious to see what the charges are once the DA gets to take a look at the case

Updated
Chris Owen, chief deputy district attorney, said Madrano is being held at the Clackamas County Jail and is expected to be arraigned at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

He will appear in court “on a felony information charging kidnapping in the second degree, rape in the second degree and sexual abuse in the first degree.

“It is our understanding the federal government will be initiating charges as well. Moving forward, we will work with our federal partners to determine the proper course of this prosecution,” Owen added.

Wow, poor kid ... disturbing details in the arraignment, looks like he spent a year grooming her.
Oh wow. That's so disturbing.

Trigger Warning** for the spoiler following:
For anyone not wanting to listen or cannot listen, it is claimed he
threatened to kill LS & "have sex with her dead corpse".

I'm surprised that a man from Oregon targeted a child from Edmonton. Part of me is wondering whether he viewed Canada as some sort of third world country where it would be easier to get away with kidnapping a Canadian child rather than one in his own backyard.

I'm surprised that a man from Oregon targeted a child from Edmonton. Part of me is wondering whether he viewed Canada as some sort of third world country where it would be easier to get away with kidnapping a Canadian child rather than one in his own backyard.
Did he think he would maybe be tried and sentenced in Canada, and maybe get a lesser sentence?

Did he think he would maybe be tried and sentenced in Canada, and maybe get a lesser sentence?
Maybe that's what he was thinking - that a crime initiated in Canada would be tried entirely in Canada ... if he was extradited.

I'm curious how it will work out. Will there be charges in both countries since crimes were committed in both, or has Canada handed the case to the USA?

If he had murdered her, he would be crying to have the case tried in Canada to take advantage of lighter sentencing law.

It sounds like the girl's father is unclear on whether the suspect will be tried in Canada or the USA. Perhaps he will be charges in both countries, and serve a sentence in both countries.

"An Oregon man arrested in connection to a missing Edmonton girl found on the weekend is being held under state charges including kidnapping, sexual abuse and rape, U.S. authorities said Monday.

Edmonton police said Saturday they will charge the man with child luring. As of Monday afternoon, the charge had not been laid. Additional Canadian charges may be laid as the investigation progresses, police said.

It's still early days when it comes to charges and truly understanding what happened and how it happened," [her father] said. "And as the days go by here, I'm sure that more is going to come out."

He said he is not concerned where the charges are laid. "If that means that he stays in the USA as he goes through the court system there, then that is fine by me."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back