Found Alive Canada - L.S., 13, missing from Edmonton, AB, found alive in Oregon, 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most criminals don’t ever expected to get arrested.
I wonder whether he believed that abducting a child in Canada and sneaking her into the USA improved his chances of never getting caught. That is, did he think that USA police are pretty smart, so they might catch him, but Canadian police are Bob and Doug McKenzie-style RCMP?

I'm curious whether this is the first time that he's done something like this. It isn't the first time that a Canadian teen girl was lured using online apps and where suspicion was that she may have been taken across the border.

A year!? I hope the police can recover all the communication.
I heard on one of the news reports that he asked her to change apps fairly often, warning parents to be aware that online grooming is not one long conversation.

It seems to be a conversation that starts with a pedophile posing as a young boy and transitioning to different apps where he very likely has a different user name for each app. If that's the case, it would be hard for parents to identify that one person is coercing their child to consent to a dangerous decision.

I'm curious whether this was so sophisticated that she was coerced to do several things on the day of the abduction to ensure that no one knew where she was or what direction she took.

I wonder whether he believed that abducting a child in Canada and sneaking her into the USA improved his chances of never getting caught. That is, did he think that USA police are pretty smart, so they might catch him, but Canadian police are Bob and Doug McKenzie-style RCMP?

I'm curious whether this is the first time that he's done something like this. It isn't the first time that a Canadian teen girl was lured using online apps and where suspicion was that she may have been taken across the border.

Maybe he thought he was so smart that nobody would expect LS had crossed the border to the US? But not smart enough to know that it’s easily possible to trace the source of online communication from country to country, even just through cellphone towers and service providers.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was grooming several girls at the same time and unfortunately LS was the first to take the bait therefore his actions were guided based on opportunity as opposed to country of residence. Time will tell as more information becomes available meanwhile I hope the headlines may serve as a wakeup call of the possible dangers to parents and other young people at risk of falling prey to these types of despicable anonymous monsters on the other side of a keyboard. JMO

A lot of planning would have had to be done in order to bring her across the border. I wonder how long Noah and LS were communicating online and if this was what he intended to do going into the "friendship."
Her Dad mentioned within a article that Noah was communicating with her about a year on multiple social media platforms. He eventually confessed his love to her.

Her Dad mentioned within a article that Noah was communicating with her about a year on multiple social media platforms. He eventually confessed his love to her.

But I wonder if she knew the creep was actually 41 years old? I have my doubts. Maybe Noah passed himself off as just the driver and concocted some story that this supposed guy who was in love with her wasn’t old enough to drive or didn’t have a car?

It appears one thing all online predators have in common is they are very adept at lying.

Last edited:
Maybe he thought he was so smart that nobody would expect LS had crossed the border to the US? But not smart enough to know that it’s easily possible to trace the source of online communication from country to country, even just through cellphone towers and service providers.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was grooming several girls at the same time and unfortunately LS was the first to take the bait therefore his actions were guided based on opportunity as opposed to country of residence. Time will tell as more information becomes available meanwhile I hope the headlines may serve as a wakeup call of the possible dangers to parents and other young people at risk of falling prey to these types of despicable anonymous monsters on the other side of a keyboard. JMO
It's reasonable to believe that no one can get across the border without a passport and some conversation about covid. That's two conversations that he got through while abducting a child.

He abducted her in Edmonton and spent some time at the BC border before crossing - was he looking for the best border crossing and time where he would likely be waived through regardless of child in the trunk?

How did he get her across the border? Fake passport, or child in the trunk? That's a long trip. When did she realize that this was an abduction where she might have played a role in obscuring her relationship with the pedophile from her parents.

I wonder how long he was in Edmonton before he abducted her, whether he watched her for a couple of days. I wonder whether he told her to meet him at a coffee shop, whether he watched her while texting to tell her what to do next, whether he ensured that no one knew where she was when she vanished.

1657171736093.png

But I wonder if she knew the creep was actually 41 years old? I have my doubts. Maybe Noah passed himself off as just the driver and concocted some story that this supposed guy who was in love with her wasn’t old enough to drive or didn’t have a car?

It appears one thing all online predators have in common is they are very adept at lying.
I heard or read that he first presented himself as a boy her age. How that progressed to a man with a car, who knows. Perhaps he said he was the dad of the nice young boy she'd been talking to for a year.

I agree - he passed himself off as the man she should trust while she followed social media instruction texts from her 'same-age' boyfriend about where to meet his dad/uncle/driver. How far out of Edmonton were they when she realized she was in trouble. It sounds like a luring where she was a willing participant at the beginning. By the time they reached the USA border, she knew she was abducted.

Did she believe that the 'boy her age' lived nearby? What did she think as she was driven through the mountains to the USA border?

What was going on while they spent a couple of days at the BC/USA border? What caused the delay?

Was she told at any point during the luring that she could be a model?

this is a very interesting thought, I wondered the same and I can't wait to hear the detail - only because we will learn how to protect our children more.

“The father said his family has child controls on all their electronics and had talked about internet safety. They also monitored the girl’s tablet.

His daughter’s personality started shifting about one year ago, he said, and she became even more isolated just before she disappeared. In recent weeks, he had spoken with her about how different her online persona was compared to how she acted in person.

He thought maybe it was teen angst. Maybe his daughter was trying to figure herself out and this was just a phase.

Little did he know, the father said, that a stranger in another country was part of the problem……

……The father said he isn’t sure how his daughter’s communication began with the suspect. But they had conversations on multiple popular social media platforms.

The man gained a bit of trust with his daughter, the father said. “Then his hooks are in.”

The father alleges the man broke down his daughter’s spirit and self-worth, then used manipulation to isolate her from friends and family and her social network.

When his daughter’s self-esteem was crushed, the man welcomed her into his world, the father said. The man told her he loved her and accepted her…..

……Everything is stressful, he said. Going to see a doctor means rehashing all the awful things that happened to her. There are also interviews with police and future court dates.

“It’s a long road ahead,” the father said. “I really don’t know exactly what’s going to happen.”

Experts say the cross-border kidnapping case is rare, but there has been an alarming increase in reports of children being lured online.

The Canadian Centre for Child Protection, which runs the national tip line for reporting online child sexual abuse, said there has been a 120 per cent increase in reports of online child luring over the last six months.

“What I’ve realized is there is no regulation, no control of the internet whatsoever,” the father said.

Experts say one in three internet users in the world is a child — one in five in Canada. Many countries are pressuring social media companies to ensure platforms are safe for young people…..”

It sounds like the girl's father is unclear on whether the suspect will be tried in Canada or the USA. Perhaps he will be charges in both countries, and serve a sentence in both countries.

"An Oregon man arrested in connection to a missing Edmonton girl found on the weekend is being held under state charges including kidnapping, sexual abuse and rape, U.S. authorities said Monday.

Edmonton police said Saturday they will charge the man with child luring. As of Monday afternoon, the charge had not been laid. Additional Canadian charges may be laid as the investigation progresses, police said.

It's still early days when it comes to charges and truly understanding what happened and how it happened," [her father] said. "And as the days go by here, I'm sure that more is going to come out."

He said he is not concerned where the charges are laid. "If that means that he stays in the USA as he goes through the court system there, then that is fine by me."

I think the father is coming across as somewhat casually obtuse, rather than publicly announcing the truth of the matter - that justice would better be served if he’s charged in the US because his punishment will be much harsher so he possibly will never see daylight out of prison.

Notice this recent sentencing in Canada, similar charges, the perp gets 15 1/2 years, time off for served 3 1/2 years leaving a pitiful short sentence of only 12 years before possible parole. Because of the recent Supreme Court of Canada ruling, the sentences for SA, sexual touching and kidnapping are all served concurrently.

“The father said his family has child controls on all their electronics and had talked about internet safety. They also monitored the girl’s tablet.

His daughter’s personality started shifting about one year ago, he said, and she became even more isolated just before she disappeared. In recent weeks, he had spoken with her about how different her online persona was compared to how she acted in person.

He thought maybe it was teen angst. Maybe his daughter was trying to figure herself out and this was just a phase.

Little did he know, the father said, that a stranger in another country was part of the problem……

……The father said he isn’t sure how his daughter’s communication began with the suspect. But they had conversations on multiple popular social media platforms.

The man gained a bit of trust with his daughter, the father said. “Then his hooks are in.”

The father alleges the man broke down his daughter’s spirit and self-worth, then used manipulation to isolate her from friends and family and her social network.

When his daughter’s self-esteem was crushed, the man welcomed her into his world, the father said. The man told her he loved her and accepted her…..

……Everything is stressful, he said. Going to see a doctor means rehashing all the awful things that happened to her. There are also interviews with police and future court dates.

“It’s a long road ahead,” the father said. “I really don’t know exactly what’s going to happen.”

Experts say the cross-border kidnapping case is rare, but there has been an alarming increase in reports of children being lured online.

The Canadian Centre for Child Protection, which runs the national tip line for reporting online child sexual abuse, said there has been a 120 per cent increase in reports of online child luring over the last six months.

“What I’ve realized is there is no regulation, no control of the internet whatsoever,” the father said.

Experts say one in three internet users in the world is a child — one in five in Canada. Many countries are pressuring social media companies to ensure platforms are safe for young people…..”

What can the social media companies do? Maybe besides removing the ability to private msg?

I listened to the June 12th episode of his show and his co-host says "We'll be back tomorrow... unless YOU go to prison or something"... wow. why the hell would she say that? That's wild. MOO.

what time on the podcast is this at? I flipped through it but didn't hear it

NeverPersonal, do you know the timestamp in the podcast?

What can the social media companies do? Maybe besides removing the ability to private msg?

Good question! Maybe it’s a matter of the eliminating certain apps entirely which delete messages as soon as they‘re read? Either that or enabling it so parents/guardians are allowed access to read all messages. It’s seems a conflict to assure confidentially to underage minors using some of these apps, because then nobody has the means to protect them from the unscrupulous.

Although this particular dad believed he was adequately monitoring his daughter‘s internet access, IMO the sad fact is predators as well as teens are far more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the internet than the average parent. JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back