CANADA Canada - Lloyd Larsfolk, 14, & John McCormick, 15, Caledon ON, Aug 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what happened to the posters on this thread? Why did all the posting stop?

I was curious about the gravel pit. How large was it? Could the boys have slid down and caused an avalanche that buried them? To what extent was the gravel pit searched?

Not sure if anyone is still around to answer but it just seems the most likely place for them to be. Many clues lead to this pit. I suppose the police would have the same thought and have searched it thoroughly.

This case seems to be solvable,I wonder what it would take to find out once and for all what really happened to those poor young lads?

Someone requested the pictures of me on the cliff, so I have posted them. If they are taking too much room, let me know and I will take them down.

These are the first pictures. I felt fine and was not scared at this time.

Note the rounded cliff behind me in this picture. The rest of the pictures are close ups of me on the rounded cliff. It was straight down.

This is negative number 31. (Remember there used to be only 36 frames on a roll back then,) I was asked to stand on the rounded cliff.

This is negative number 32. He told me to put my hand on the leg further out and lean over and look down.

Negative number 33. He demanded that I lean over more and look down. He became angry that I was not leaning over or looking down enough. I tried to comply.

Negative number 34. I became terrified at this point and begged to be allowed off the cliff. From this angle you can see how far off my foot was. Pebbles were falling from under my shoe.

Negative number 35. He told me to just run my hand threw my hair.

Negative number 36. Last picture on roll. He wanted me to take the pictures over again. I was too scared to move. When he came to ‘help’ me off the cliff he tried to throw me off.

I am trying to find the exact location of the site where Veronica Kaye was found in 1981. She was killed in 1980, her body was not found until a few months after the boys disappeared. Her murder is exactly like that of Yvonne Leroux. She was picked up in Mississauga. Her body was found North West of Bolton on the Caledon town line.

There was something happening in the Norris household at the time of the boys disappearance that I believe may have caused Norris to think about killing someone. I believe that it is likely that he would have visited the site where Veronica lay, or at least drive by there. I expect to find a straight path between the Norris house and where Veronica was found with the McCormick farm in the middle.

I want to thank the person who posted the location of the McCormick farm on Google Earth.

One of the spookiest posts I've ever seen on WS..

That could so easily have been a murder.

A four-part series in the Caledon Enterprise from 2011 sheds a little more light on the events surrounding the disappearance, if not the culprit(s). The author of the articles has taken a special interest in the case and, according to his web page, has a longer writing project about it in the works.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

On a Facebook posting about this case, a person who seems to be John McCormick's sister, Kim, makes a few interesting claims (especially #7. After reading the above-linked series, I suspect she is talking about George McCullough):
1. John Jr. was never sent to hospital by John Sr.
2. Joyce Mccormick was working the eving that John Jr. went missing
3. There were no footprints found in the gravel pit but the search dogs had found a scent
4. John Jr. room stayed intacted for years.
5. John Sr. cause of death was never determined - he had several medical conditions besides alcoholism
6. After John Sr. death I (KIM) inherited the property in 1987 and lived there for many years.
7. The suspect who is now deceased is not John Sr.
8. There had been no open holes on the property. The inground pool had been installed at least six years previous to the boys disappearance.

A four-part series in the Caledon Enterprise from 2011 sheds a little more light on the events surrounding the disappearance, if not the culprit(s). The author of the articles has taken a special interest in the case and, according to his web page, has a longer writing project about it in the works.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

On a Facebook posting about this case, a person who seems to be John McCormick's sister, Kim, makes a few interesting claims (especially #7. After reading the above-linked series, I suspect she is talking about George McCullough):

Nice to see you, CrimeSolver!
This case really can and should be solved, imo. those boys are somewhere and it is high time they were found!

Good to see you too, dotr!:) I just popped in momentarily with that update. I still have not really regained my passion for this forum. I think I lost interest when the guy in Utah, who seemed to be a promising guy for Dennis Melvin Howe (killer of Sharon Keenan), turned out to be a bust.
I agree with you that this case is eminently solvable, even if the likely murderer(s) is/are deceased. McCullough's property on Hockley Rd. should be searched.

BBkcru9.img.jpg

"John Patrick McCormick was 15 when he was last seen with Lloyd Eric Larsfolk, then 14, playing at a farm in the Caledon, Ont. area on Aug. 24, 1981. John has blue eyes and blonde, short wavy hair, was 5-3 and 95 pounds. He is shown in an age-progression

Lloyd Eric Larsfolk has blue eyes, blonde short wavy hair with a stained front tooth that was darkened and discoloured. He was 4-9 and 79 pounds with a slender build and was wearing a blue, long-sleeve checked shirt with blue denim pants and brown boots. He has a small brown birthmark on the left side of one wrist. Anyone with information can contact Caledon OPP: OPP MPUB 1-877-934-6363; 1-705-330-4144; tips@missing-u.ca; opp.isb.resolve@opp.ca and refer to case MPUB20060066OPP."

BBkcogP.img.jpg

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/missing-children-in-canada/ar-BBjixpG

I would very much like to see the David Norris psychiatric progress notes but the photo or link is no loner available.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

The Doe Network: Case File 250DMON
JMcCormick.jpg
JMcCormick1.jpg
JMcCormick2.jpg

Left and Center: McCormick, circa 1981; Right: Age-progressed image of McCormick at an unknown age

John Patrick McCormick
Missing since August 24, 1981 from Caledon, Ontario, Canada.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: February 26, 1966
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    • Height and weight: 5'4"; 95 lbs
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; blue eyes. McCormick is right-handed, has freckles on his face and has a thin build.
    • Dentals: His upper teeth are straight and the lower teeth slightly crowded.
Circumstances of Disappearance
McCormick disappeared from his family's farm in Caledon, Ontario Canada on August 24, 1981.

The Doe Network: Case File 15DMON
LLarsfolk.jpg
LLarsfolk1.jpg

Left: Larsfolk, circa 1981; Right: Age-progressed image

Lloyd Eric Larsfolk
Missing since August 24, 1981 from Caledon, Ontario Canada.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: September 4, 1966
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0, 80 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: A small brown birthmark on the left side of his waist.
    • Clothing: Last seen wearing jeans; a blue and white long-sleeved shirt and tan canvas work boots.
    • Dentals: He has a darkened front tooth.
    • AKA: Eric

omg...I lived at lot 14 Second Line Caledon.....at that time...which was supposedly only a few lots from the suspected site where they were last seen. I remember talking to an old timer who had something to say about two kids being buried under a new barn back then.....talk to me.
Knightwriter

Aug 25, 2019
‘I just want to know what happened’: Caledon boys missing since 1981
"EDITOR'S NOTE: This is the first in a four-part investigative series into the disappearance of Eric Larsfolk and John McCormick Jr. in August 1981. It was published in 2011 around the 30 year anniversary of the boys disappearance. It's been 38 years since Larsfolk and McCormick Jr. were reported missing.

Lloyd Larsfolk reaches into his back pocket and pulls out his wallet. He digs into a slot with his aged thumb and slides out a folded piece of paper. Creased and cracked from age, the paper symbolizes his life for the past 30 years. A photo of his son Eric is on it, taken the day he won a bicycle from Dairy Queen. Below the photo is the toll-free number for Child Find and a description of what his then 14-year-old son was wearing the day he vanished – literally, it seems to Larsfolk – off the face of the Earth."

"Eric put in a lot of time at the greenhouse, but also many afternoons on the Niagara River casting his fishing line.
“He used to catch fish and sell them to men who were at the racetrack there, so it would look like they were fishing instead of at the track,” he said, adding a lot of American businessmen used to cross the border to go to the track, telling their wives various tall tales. “He was a really smart boy.”
May 11 2019
CRIME HUNTER: The agony of a missing child
Whatever happened to Cheryl Ann Hanson, 7, who disappeared from Aurora on May 31, 1974?
Or Marianne Schuett, 10, who was abducted on her way home her Burlington school on April 27, 1967?
crime5-e1557522272507.png

Pals John McCormick, 15, and Eric Larsfolk, 14, pictured, were abducted from a Caledon farm in the summer of 1981.

Nicole Morin, 8, met a monster between her mom’s West Mall apartment and the building’s pool where she was meeting a pal.
That was July 30, 1985.
And it happens to boys too.
Pals John McCormick, 15, and Eric Larsfolk, 14, were tearing around the former’s family farm in Caledon in an old beater. Cops believe the two boys were kidnapped and murdered on Aug. 24, 1981."
The prime suspect is as dead as a doornail. Answers may never come — for any of these kids."
rbbm.

Last edited:
https://andrewjlivingstone.wixsite.com/home/lloydandmeapersonalessay
"The anniversary of Eric’s disappearance was two months away—30 years gone as of August 21, 2011. At the time, I was the crime reporter for the Caledon Enterprise, a small-town Ontario newspaper."

"It always comes back to how Lloyd and his family lived on that country road for less than three weeks when it happened. Eric had signed up for his new school days prior to his disappearance. He was making friends—as many as one can meet when the closest house is a kilometer away, and the next one a kilometer after that. Lloyd had a new job. They had a nice home overlooking the rolling hills. Lloyd said before he even saw the house, he saw the house. In a dream, it came to him. He wondered if the dream knew what would come after the family picked the farmhouse as their new home."

"I finished my 8,000-word, four part series on Eric and John Jr.’s disappearance for the Caledon Enterprise three ago."

"Sometimes I wish I could just stop caring, forget how Lloyd feels everyday he wakes up, every time he sees a father and son laughing together, every time he lays awake in bed, wondering what if. But, I can’t, and I’m beginning to feel like maybe that’s okay. Most people have just forgotten about Eric and John Jr. But not Lloyd. And not me."
PART 1
‘I just want to know what happened’: Caledon boys missing since 1981
by Andrew Livingstone Caledon Enterprise
Lost Boys of Caledon – Parts 2 & 3
Final story in The Lost Boys of Caledon series

Hey guys i know its been a while, ive been following this case for years. I was frequently a visitor at the house that backed up onto the McCormick property, we only needed to cross a fence and the gravel pit to get to their property. We never did though, water always freaked me out. I know a lot about the area though.
My friend who lived there at the time said she found a human bone on her property in a rubble pit, im not sure how credible this is and they never went to the police with it, it very well could have been a animal bone from wild or a animal bone from the farmer that lived there. But if they are buried on the property... it could be theirs possibly dug up by an animal. I would love to see some ground penetrating technology done on the property as well as maybe a proper search of the pit? like someone said a hook may not have been able to catch. The McCullough's property possibly too. So many psychics have said theyre buried on the property why was it never investigated more? It just seems like the police didnt do so much and these boys deserved so much more than this.
I do think something happened to them, I cant imagine both boys running away and staying away and hidden for this long, the theory they hitchhiked to the Toronto Ex sounds unreasonable as it was 7pm when eric biked over and it takes about an hour and a bit to get to the Toronto fair grounds. I sadly do believe the outcome wasn't a good one for them. The family deserves closure.

omg...I lived at lot 14 Second Line Caledon.....at that time...which was supposedly only a few lots from the suspected site where they were last seen. I remember talking to an old timer who had something to say about two kids being buried under a new barn back then.....talk to me.
Knightwriter

Hi. It was not actually a barn but the father's workshop. No new barns were built in the area.

I understand how everyone has an opinion on what happened but please be respectful on what you write. I am a relative of John's and have spent time at the property. Not all information people post on here is correct..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYMRadio
Back