GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been following this case for a while now, just have not have time to post. I am truly saddened that these monsters felt that they had the right to end a beautiful promising woman's young life. How dare they. My anger rises as I know that here in Canada they will never truly be punished as they should be.
On another note:
While I truly believe that missing and or murdered Aboriginal/Indigenous Women is a real issue I believe that as a whole, we as a society need to look at violent crimes committed against the vulnerable/devalued members of our society. How many homeless, developmentally delayed people, prostituting members etc within our society have been subjected to abuse (or worse) due to their societal value? How many of them have been abused or worse because the perpetrators think no one will believe them, or that no one will even notice/care about what has happened to them. Until society actually values everyone equally there will always be the ones who are specifically targeted due to their status. If people feel that her death needs to be used as a means to propagate their own agenda then please, use it as a means to make examples of all those who are devalued, not just one particular group.
I agree so much with at least two-thirds of your comment. So well said.
congrats.gif

Reagrding the part bolded by me, I wonder if you have read the opinion piece at this link:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/trying-to-make-sense-of-loretta-saunders-death-1.2555237

I think they have a point. It's hard to say that they have no reasons to feel abandoned, or worse, sometimes.

Here are a few snipped parts:

Quote: ...
If you’re reading this, take it as my statement. I refuse to speculate about Loretta’s death. What I do know is that our society has discarded indigenous women and girls in much the same manner for generations. These people were playing out a script that we all know intimately, but never acknowledge.
And so we continue to look to indigenous peoples like the savages we imagine them to be. Meanwhile, Loretta is dumped in a ditch in a province that once paid European invaders for the scalps of Mi’kmaq women, children, and men, repeating a centuries-old pattern in ways that are much too familiar to be a coincidence, to be irony, to be senseless. But these are the most common qualifiers I read about Loretta’s life and death.

Yes, and there was kidnapping with death so both got the murder conviction. It seems that Loretta was killed in her apartment IMO. The police called this a homicide before her body was found. So they likely transported her dead body to NB. If Loretta was still alive before being dumped in NB, there could be an additional kidnapping charge and both would have the murder charges automatically. Since both are charges with first degree murder, I believe Loretta was already dead in Halifax at the hands of the two perps. JMO

//. Even if kidnapping or intent fails to meet the standard, forcible confinement could be used.

(5) Irrespective of whether a murder is planned and deliberate on the part of any person, murder is first degree murder in respect of a person when the death is caused by that person while committing or attempting to commit an offence under one of the following sections:
(a) section 76 (hijacking an aircraft);
(b) section 271 (sexual assault);
(c) section 272 (sexual assault with a weapon, threats to a third party or causing bodily harm);
(d) section 273 (aggravated sexual assault);
(e) section 279 (kidnapping and forcible confinement); or
(f) section 279.1 (hostage taking).

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-231.html

We can be quite sure that they won't do that, though.

They will quitely place him first in a similar area, but a distance away.

Only when it's too late to do anything will he be allowed to return home.

As they did with the murderer of Amber Kirwan--first Truro, then home to New Glasgow when he had 'full parole.' Only to brutally take Amber's life within 6 months.

// That monster is working on an appeal. It took 7.5 hours for the jury to send him away, which should have taken 30 seconds considering all the evidence.

I agree so much with at least two-thirds of your comment. So well said.
congrats.gif

Reagrding the part bolded by me, I wonder if you have read the opinion piece at this link:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/trying-to-make-sense-of-loretta-saunders-death-1.2555237

I think they have a point. It's hard to say that they have no reasons to feel abandoned, or worse, sometimes.

Here are a few snipped parts:

Quote: ...
If you’re reading this, take it as my statement. I refuse to speculate about Loretta’s death. What I do know is that our society has discarded indigenous women and girls in much the same manner for generations. These people were playing out a script that we all know intimately, but never acknowledge.
And so we continue to look to indigenous peoples like the savages we imagine them to be. Meanwhile, Loretta is dumped in a ditch in a province that once paid European invaders for the scalps of Mi’kmaq women, children, and men, repeating a centuries-old pattern in ways that are much too familiar to be a coincidence, to be irony, to be senseless. But these are the most common qualifiers I read about Loretta’s life and death.

I should have included further on indigenous women and indigenous children as devalued/vulnerable people, as well as the elderly, mentally ill, women, those who do not chose heterosexual relationships and young children. There are so many who fall under this umbrella, and I truly believe that society as a whole needs to value all equally no matter their socio-economical situation, life choices, disabilities, age, culture etc. Until then we will continue to see violent crimes committed against people who others do not view others as people.

IMO found her comment on this a bit odd...

Attachments

• victoria comment.PNG
    victoria comment.PNG
    71.3 KB · Views: 141
Omfg WoW. I wonder if that should be handed over to police. Comments about the killing of an Aboriginal woman then this with Loretta's death. Makes me wonder if she also killed melissa.

Think about it put the comment together with what she is charged with now.

WHOA! that's very interesting! Why would she be interested in the Melissa Richmond's case? Also, I thought that Loretta and Melissa look very similar to each other but it must just be a coincidence. JMO

The only things I have found about BL are family members Facebook pages.

Yes, I believe she was.

She was staying with a friend in Pembroke ON in 2012. Not sure if she was still there by 2013 though. Have to check fb using the pull down tab and photos she commented on.

She was staying with a friend in Pembroke ON in 2012. Not sure if she was still there by 2013 thoguh. Have to check fb using the pull down tab and photos she commented on.

Ah I don't know how to do that?!

Ah I don't know how to do that?!

OK, open up Victoria Love fb and type in "likes" or "commented on" beside her name and a drop down list of searches come up. Chose the one you want and start looking. You can do lots of searches this way: photos tagged in, photos of friends, etc but don't post the photos of other people here. You can summarize the info, etc.

Wow, I find this big time weird. So in Aug 2013 she was 'following' a case where a girl her age was left in a ditch. Husband arrested. Similar crime.

Why would VH voice 'no way he did it?' -- part of me wonders, could this be a sociopathic taunt from the actual culprit??? I don't know what kind of evidence they had on the husband--going to look this up now.

Secondly, many of us have been wondering how these two (VH & BL) thought they could get away with this... made me wonder: one way they could believe that would be if they already had???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back