GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wouldn't everyone that grew up in Ontario know someone that is in the military? Is there any information that Victoria lived in Petawawa and, if so, during what years was she there?

Hi everyone,

I'm a Nova Scotian who is now residing in Ontario. We are a military family and have met a few military spouses/members who knew VH personally. [modsnip]

Wouldn't everyone that grew up in Ontario know someone that is in the military? Is there any information that Victoria lived in Petawawa and, if so, during what years was she there?

I would like to answer you about everyone who grew up in ontario would know somone who is in the military.

No. We moved to Halifax NS from toronto and we knew no one in the military.

As mentioned VH herself posts on her VL Facebook page that she lived in Petawawa . I have a screenshot of the post were she talks about the best parts of the past year and lists moving FROM Petawawa in the first one . That and meeting her love Andrew.
That post is made on Jan 4. 2010

VH herself posts about living in Petawawa in 09 on her Facebook wall. She also moves back there in 2012 I think it is for a short time.
If you go onto the VL pg and go through the pictures VL commented on you will find that her sister is in the military

She has some comments on various pics with CAF members, and at least one who tags her in a pic.

Melissa was 28 years old when she was murdered and she had been married for 8 years. That means that she left Petawawa in 2005 and moved to the Winchester area, where her husband had a house.

It does not look like Melissa and Victoria were living in Petawawa at the same time.

If you go onto the VL pg and go through the pictures VL commented on you will find that her sister is in the military

Is there any way to tell whether that is a foster sister, or a sister from her original family?

Melissa was 28 years old when she was murdered and she had been married for 8 years. That means that she left Petawawa in 2005 and moved to the Winchester area, where her husband had a house.

It does not look like Melissa and Victoria were living in Petawawa at the same time.

It doesn't have to be when Melissa and VH lived there, the link could be VH and the husband living there. Maybe she knew him, and commented because she knew him.

Hi everyone,

I'm a Nova Scotian who is now residing in Ontario. We are a military family and have met a few military spouses/members who knew VH personally. I was told by one woman that she and VH were close friends a few years back when they both lived in petawawa. She said she was extremely shocked and sickened by what VH has done. That VH was not like this a few years ago and that she (VH) had been a great friend to her in the past. So based on that I'd say that she was in fact residing in Petawawa. I will ask her if VH was living with a DND member or worked for DND. Also the years she knew her there.

Ok so what I found out was that she was a bit of a mystery. She bounced back and forth between petawawa and pembrooke, had no fixed address (that she knew of), might've been a military 'brat' but didn't work for DND as far as she knows. Met her in 2007 and she was there for a few years after. VH told her she was going to school in Petawawa. In 2007 VH would of been 21 approx I believe. That's really all that was known about her.

It doesn't have to be when Melissa and VH lived there, the link could be VH and the husband living there. Maybe she knew him, and commented because she knew him.

It's far more likely that the husband that is currently in jail and who has been charged with first degree murder is responsible for Melissa's murder. The husband had six tours in Afghanistan and lived several hours away from Petawawa.

Looking at VH's Victoria Love fb account, I see a few comments from people that grew up with her or at least attended elementary school with her. Appears she grew up in deep river Ontario also in the Ottawa valley area.

It's far more likely that the husband that is currently in jail and who has been charged with first degree murder is responsible for Melissa's murder. The husband had six tours in Afghanistan and lived several hours away from Petawawa.

I don't mean to imply that she's responsible for the murder. I mean to imply that perhaps she merely knows the husband, so she posted "he didn't do it". They were in the Ottawa area. i'm in the Ottawa area and it was big news at the time so you couldn't really miss it. VH was in the Ottawa area - it's hard to pinpoint when but it's feasible it was around that time. If so, she would've heard about it, might have known him or known someone who knew him via military or other connections, and simply posted.

Ok so what I found out was that she was a bit of a mystery. She bounced back and forth between petawawa and pembrooke, had no fixed address (that she knew of), might've been a military 'brat' but didn't work for DND as far as she knows. Met her in 2007 and she was there for a few years after. VH told her she was going to school in Petawawa. In 2007 VH would of been 21 approx I believe. That's really all that was known about her.

//
Thanks for that post..

If she was not a ward of the court at that time; as she was a former foster child( which she probably wasn't as she was 21), it would be worth checking into OSAP records to determine any student loans.

One could pick up a good paper trail and begin to build a tentative timeline here by following the money,

We could try to open up a dialogue with her facebook friends and
bring them into the conversation here to fill in the blanks and develop leads.

Any suggestions ? My suggestion would be to post a websleuth link to this thread..

If we all had a workable time line on VH it would make things a lot easier if anyone want to do some comparatives with other cold cases as starting point.

//
Thanks for that post..

If she was not a ward of the court at that time; as she was a former foster child( which she probably wasn't as she was 21), it would be worth checking into OSAP records to determine any student loans.

One could pick up a good paper trail and begin to build a tentative timeline here by following the money,

Any suggestions ? My suggestion would be to post a websleuth link to this thread..

If we all had a workable time line on VH it would make things a lot easier if anyone want to do some comparatives with other cold cases as starting point.

Here's a list of schools in and around petawawa
http://www.petawawa.ca/index.php/resident-info/education

Possibilities: Algonquin campus and petawawa adult high school.

//
Thanks for that post..

I was a crown ward then left at age 21 about 12 years ago. but if I recall the age has now been bumped to 25 about 6 years ago. The program she would have been on is called (ECM or ECM25: Extended Care Maintenance).

I was a crown ward then left at age 21 about 12 years ago. but if I recall the age has now been bumped to 25 about 6 years ago. The program she would have been on is called (ECM or ECM25: Extended Care Maintenance).

Well I can't find proof of cas extending from 21 to 25. I know well before I left the care that there were talks about extending to 25. This was CASMT @ 33 CHARLES ST (no longer cas building)

Petawawa is a Military Town.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01