Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Scarpelli‏ @ScarpelliGlobal
The bodies have just been loaded on two separate RCMP airplanes. Will have video of the transport on @globalnews stations across the country tonight. #canadamanhunt

EBaahLIUIAEZwvH.jpg

7:03 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pt

I think that's just how he looked though. I was wondering why he looked so familiar. Then I saw people saying he looked like Martin Shkreli and I was like "yeah...I can see it." Keep in mind that when Martin Shkreli went on trial several jurors had to be dismissed because they said "he looks like a total ******* and I would rule him guilty on that alone."

[bbm]

LOL that's hilarious

I say let him talk, as unpalatable as it seems. He's digging himself a hole. A big hole that I believe will implicate him too.

If anything good comes of it, maybe he’ll be forced to get the mental health treatment he obviously requires. It’d probably be a huge relief to B’s other family members as well.

So every parent who buys their kid a computer or an airsoft rifle is a criminal. Got it. Come on, dude. Those are normal purchases for a parent to make for a teenager, and a lot of teenage boys are into those interests. We have no evidence that he bought Bryer anything that was used in the commission of any crime or that he was involved in any of their crimes. The police specifically said in their press conference there were no additional suspects being considered. Also, there is evidence that his son DID have a lot of misanthropy. We don't know if it came from his dad's influence or not, but considering he told his classmates he wanted to kill his entire family, probably not.

The people of Gillam are so sweet.
"So every parent who buys their kid a computer or an airsoft rifle is a criminal."

I didn't say that.

And the police specifically said today they are still looking at other people and possibilities.

Can't look up the article rn (I know it's posted in here somewhere) but in the articles where he talked about his "book," he mentioned diagnoses of schizophrenia, "delusional disorder," and possible autism.
I thought the diagnosis of schizophrenia was just something his wife called him and he became angry about that. It might not be an official diagnosis.

It’s unclear whether his ex-wife was the target of the harassment in each case, but Schmegelsky said in an interview that at least some of the charges were filed because the boy’s mother feared he would murder her, saying he was schizophrenic and was not taking his medication. He denies these allegations.
B.C. murder suspect’s father reveals details of troubled life in book

It says right in the article they are security camera images.
Except there aren't any security cameras at waist level, not at that store, or at any other store I've ever been to. You can see for yourself, at streetview, the front of the store is clear. For that angle to be taken, it would have to be right in front of the door. Google Maps

Ugh. This is so upsetting. It’s going to cause more pain for everyone involved.

Not so sure about more pain. Wouldn't you think there will be some relief? Knowing 1. They're dead. 2. They can't murder anyone else. I get what you're saying though - finding them alive, and bringing them to justice would have been the ideal scenario.

Tour guide Clint Sawchuk was cruising on the Nelson River, taking a group of tourists to the national historic site of York Factory on Friday, when he spotted a blue sleeping bag in the water, tangled up in some willows.

He knew the sleeping bag could be significant because he was one of handful of local residents who had been helping the RCMP scour the river and shoreline for any sign of fugitives Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod.

Mr. Sawchuk’s find, it turned out, led police to spot a wrecked rowboat later that day, which then triggered a concentrated police search on an area where two bodies were found Wednesday. The RCMP said they believe the bodies are of the two wanted men.

[...]

The sleeping bag was spotted around 11 a.m. floating near Port Nelson, where the Nelson River spills into Hudson Bay.

“They were on their way to Port Nelson to find the sleeping bag and that’s when they [spotted] the boat,” Mr. Sawchuk recounted.

The aluminum rowboat was severely damaged and had gone through Lower Limestone Rapids, RCMP Inspector Leon Fiedler told The Globe and Mail on the weekend. Police had last scoured the area by air three or four days earlier.

It’s not yet known whether Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod used the rowboat, but Friday’s discoveries touched off an intense police search of the shoreline and surrounding bush.

That search involved dozens of officers and several sniffer dogs. ATVs and a helicopter were used to help scan the rugged terrain and a dive team was brought in to scour the muddy Nelson River. A professional tracker was tapped to aid the manhunt, a source familiar with the investigation, who was granted confidentiality because they were not authorized to speak on the matter, told The Globe.

The exhaustive effort led police to find items linked to the pair, although the RCMP will not reveal what those items are.

How a river guide’s sharp eye, and a sleeping bag, triggered a search that ended the RCMP manhunt

So the sleeping bag, found near Hudson Bay, may or may not have floated down the river and had something to do with this.

But it led to discovery of the boat near Gillam, which also may or may not have something to do with this.

And discovery of the boat led to discovery of personal belongings on the shore.

The screenshots of the video from the Co-op store in meadow lake were shared on July 23rd with the public, 2 days after they were recorded walking out of the store. There isn't a surveillance camera in front of the store at waist level. So who video recorded them (when they weren't listed as suspects at the time), and then shared it with the police?
Two teens thought to be missing now suspects in three northern B.C. deaths

obviously there was indeed a surveillance camera there, just like there was one that filmed them from above walking through the aisles

Not so sure about more pain. Wouldn't you think there will be some relief? Knowing 1. They're dead. 2. They can't murder anyone else. I get what you're saying though - finding them alive, and bringing them to justice would have been the ideal scenario.
I was replying to the person who posted that Bryer’s father was doing an interview on Sunday. That is upsetting and will cause pain. Finding them today definitely gave most people some relief.

I was replying to the person who posted that Bryer’s father was doing an interview on Sunday. That is upsetting and will cause pain. Finding them today definitely gave most people some relief.

Oops, my apologies, I'm trying to catch up.

I thought the diagnosis of schizophrenia was just something his wife called him and he became angry about that. It might not be an official diagnosis.

Yes but he denied it all iirc.

Ok I found it:

"It’s unclear whether his ex-wife was the target of the harassment in each case, but Schmegelsky said in an interview that at least some of the charges were filed because the boy’s mother feared he would murder her, saying he was schizophrenic and was not taking his medication. He denies these allegations.

Schmegelsky writes in the book that a forensic psychologist diagnosed him as “delusional,” a conclusion he disagreed with. His lawyer described him as “autistic” at one point, he writes, and he was ordered to attend a crisis counselling centre but couldn’t afford to attend for very long as it wasn’t a government program."

B.C. murder suspect’s father reveals details of troubled life in book

I guess it's not definitive but he wouldn't be the first mentally ill person to deny their diagnosis. It sounds like there was definitely something going on.

Except there aren't any security cameras at waist level, not at that store, or at any other store I've ever been to. You can see for yourself, at streetview, the front of the store is clear. For that angle to be taken, it would have to be right in front of the door. Google Maps

As I pointed out to you several threads back, when you had this same debate going, that Google street view shot is 6 years old, so neither you, me , nor anyone else who hasn't been to that store and looked, has any idea whether or not there is a camera there now. And btw, a camera doesn't necessarily have to be a huge box that anyone could spot from the street. High definition cameras can be tiny now, and fit inconspicuously into almost anything, including a door frame. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member