Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say two words to these people: Dylan Klebold. None of his friends or family would have thought he would become a mass murderer, but having the right personality type and emotional problems that he was having made him perfect prey for Eric Harris.

Please understand I hold Dylan fully accountable for his actions because he knew right from wrong and not coerced in any way, but I think he open to persuasion, and unfortunately it was Harris who persuaded him. It may have been possible if any other friend had persuaded him to do something positive, he would have ended up doing something productive and positive and found help for his depression.

So, it may be true that BS was not a bad person all by himself, but became one with the right encouragement.

I mean...the descriptions we've gotten of his behavior pre-murder spree don't really make him look like that great of a person either. Telling classmates in detail about how he's going to brutally murder them and his entire family, harassing and doxxing other video game players so badly that they ended up leaving the game, fighting with his mom to the point that she was afraid of him, losing friendships due to his incessant praise of Hitler and statements about "imagine if we were killing people in real life instead of just a video game?"

I think if anything Kam is more of the Dylan Klebold in this situation because he seemed fairly normal to everyone. Either that or he was REALLY good at hiding his true self. But I do agree that neither of them would probably have killed without the other. I agree with the theory a couple of you guys said, that Bryer had the murderous impulses but not the confidence to carry them out, and Kam had the confidence but his "dark side" was more buried, and they basically fed off each other and convinced each other to go through with it. A big reason why I think this is the case is that neither of them actually had a known history of violence leading up to the murders...threats and other questionable behavior, yes in Bryer's case, but not any known action relating to it. Up until this point he was just your everyday troubled teenage edgelord, and most of those end up growing out of it and don't actually harm anyone. JMO.

in Canada what is the time frame for someone, anyone, not just these guys, to be declared dead after missing, like for insurance purpose or remarriage purpose? I would think a lot longer than a month. why think these guys would be dead this fast? I do see how they could be, but them in fact dead without a body....

This explains it easily for BC and I think it depends on the circumstances.

The Process in BC for Declaring a Missing Person Legally Dead - Davison Law Group

As for insurance, the insurance company probably has it's own policies, and may require that family gets a declaration of death from the courts.

From experience I know that some things are 7 years from the point the person was reported missing (like money payable, insurance payout type thing) and a declaration of death was not required, and that was in BC. JMO

We still don’t know they didn’t burn the car and end up drowning in the space of just a few hours. The items being found is not proof that they were even alive the day after they dumped the car let alone still alive a day or two ago.

My impression was that they searched the area because aerial photos revealed the boat. Was the boat there on July 23 and no one noticed it until August 2, or was there a search because the boat was not there in early aerial photos and was there during a final aerial search of the area?

I can't believe that anyone is seriously shocked these two boys could have committed these crimes. Some young men, of all races and all economic backgrounds, sometimes commit violent crimes. This is nothing new.

Look at Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka, they "looked" pretty nice too, didn't they?

I think it's counter productive to attempt to psycho analyze either boy. At this point, I believe we may never know. It's not like the USA here where law enforcement is open with the media, things border on secretive when it concerns crime.

Living not far from the area, I believe they're dead. Two stupid, sheltered young men who thought they could outrun the RCMP. They were scared and found a boat. It could have been immediately after they burned the Rav-4, for all we know.

Both men chose willingly to go on the run, neither was taken hostage by the other. Surveillance video shows them shopping, witnesses claim they were making jokes after their killing spree that I think only ended because they're dead.

Good riddance, if you ask me.

Underestimating the currents, they wound up capsized. Bodies floated out somewhere and may never be found as that happens often in such circumstances. Or maybe remains eventually wash up to shore.

This explains it easily for BC and I think it depends on the circumstances.

The Process in BC for Declaring a Missing Person Legally Dead - Davison Law Group

As for insurance, the insurance company probably has it's own policies, and may require that family gets a declaration of death from the courts.

From experience I know that some things are 7 years from the point the person was reported missing (like money payable, insurance payout type thing) and a declaration of death was not required, and that was in BC. JMO
my thinking is just if there isn't enough for a court to declare them dead then maybe we shouldn't be so ready to assume. the guys could be playing a game with RCMP.

My impression was that they searched the area because aerial photos revealed the boat. Was the boat there on July 23 and no one noticed it until August 2, or was there a search because the boat was not there in early aerial photos and was there during a final aerial search of the area?

We know the boat wasn’t seen in earlier searches but that doesn’t answer the key question. Did they get in the boat the day they arrived in gillam and drown immediately and their belongings just washed up now or did they only drown in the last few days. Nothing else really matters. Either they died early on or they were under the cops noses for days.

I think "a third person did it and framed the fugitives" is a bit of a conspiracy theory and conspiracy theories are not allowed on the site.

Besides, why have these two ran and ran and ran to the ends of the roads and never once called home? They sure are acting guilty.
Conspiracy theories are allowed on the Steven Avery thread.

my thinking is just if there isn't enough for a court to declare them dead then maybe we shouldn't be so ready to assume. the guys could be playing a game with RCMP.

But we don't know what they could present to a court to have them declared dead or not. I am not ready to say they are dead until we hear more. It's also unclear to me if the RCMP are pulling completely out of Gillam or not right now, or if they are just scaling back. If they really think they are dead, they should be pulling the resources out of there, these 2 are not the only wanted criminals in Canada. JMO

OR they stored their personal items inside the water jug. This may explain why at first it was only the boat and jug reported, then later it was stated that several personal items were also found. If this is the case I am leaning more towards them being drowned, although (as I have stated repeatedly) I really hope they are found alive.

Good thinking..maybe the cell phone was in the jug or wallets.

On Tuesday August 6th 2019 at 12:47 AM, Williams Lake RCMP were called to a report of shots fired in the 1100 Block of Mackenzie avenue in the city.
Upon police attendance, they discovered an injured male in the driveway of a home on Mackenzie Avenue. The 43-year-old man was taken to hospital where he succumbed to injuries sustained.

Williams Lake RCMP - Police investigate early morning homicide

On Tuesday August 6th 2019 at 12:47 AM, Williams Lake RCMP were called to a report of shots fired in the 1100 Block of Mackenzie avenue in the city.
Upon police attendance, they discovered an injured male in the driveway of a home on Mackenzie Avenue. The 43-year-old man was taken to hospital where he succumbed to injuries sustained.

Williams Lake RCMP - Police investigate early morning homicide

Not a chance they are back in BC...would destroy the reputation of the RCMP forever if they were.

anyone have a link for the announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico