Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure I saw it in the charred burn pile on the tarp, but have no energy to find it now. ;)
I found the pic, but can't post it here. Do we know for certain that it's theirs? Makes just as much sense that it's LD's and K&B dumped it and the blue Lowe's pail from LD' RAV4 before they split.

Okay, just saw the pic of the computer at the torched camper pick-up site. I have no idea how to post it here.

How do we know it isn't LD's computer? K&B could have thrown it and whatever else out of the Rav4 before they split. There's a blue "Lowe's" pail there too do we think that's K&B's too?

It's possible. Seems unlikely. No evidence that they drove the RAV4 to the burned truck site, there is evidence that both owned computers. A professor traveling with something other than a laptop (or a tablet) would be a most improbable thing, IMO. Gamers like towers, professors like portable units, particularly those who have to catalog things in the field. Lighter the better. My tablet uses my phone when connectivity is available and I upload my stuff to the cloud.

but it's possible they simply meant to subdue the victims, but the victims were screaming and yelling and, being strangers to the area, K/B don't know who might be living nearby and hear. For some reason, my intuition (which can be wrong, obviously) is that one of them went psycho on the two victims and killed one of the victims without much forethought or any planning, and the other victim was killed to eliminate their testimony.

SBM

I could definitely see that unfolding. And them possibly deciding for the next crime that there could be no witnesses for that one either.

I am more than willing to consider your perspective and value it. People here in the states are asking the same questions, but we have a different relationship to our police (rather obviously).

I too think they needed to calm themselves after what I think may have been an unplanned pair of murders. In fact, since there are no eyewitnesses, we will never know exactly what transpired, but it's possible they simply meant to subdue the victims, but the victims were screaming and yelling and, being strangers to the area, K/B don't know who might be living nearby and hear. For some reason, my intuition (which can be wrong, obviously) is that one of them went psycho on the two victims and killed one of the victims without much forethought or any planning, and the other victim was killed to eliminate their testimony.

All so very possible...and funny you say intuition because it has been mine that says they didn't kill them. It's been in my gut the whole time and that is mainly what keeps me from believing it. Of course mine could be very wrong as well.

It is certainly very interesting to see all the different ways of thinking surrounding all of this. It is just unfortunate that it has arisen from some very terrible circumstances.

That's what I was thinking too. But, if I understand correctly, only the plastic pellets are sold in Canada? The price for a metal pellet gun isn't that different, and in fact, a non-Airsoft brand might be cheaper. We know that Bryer wanted a particular style, but I can't think of an Airsoft style that doesn't have knock-offs (as they are all knock-offs in the first place).

It's like how people say Kleenex when it isn't actually Kleenex. Or Windex.

We have the picture of Bryer with a realistic looking gun that is said to be some type of air gun, but my question is how would we know whether it is an actual Airsoft with plastic pellets? We don't know that.

Point blank, it could certainly incapacitate someone (perhaps not quickly) but we don't know cause of death for any of the victims and we do know that the suspects also had a very sharp knife. That could account for what was said about Chynna and her burial.

We don't even know if that gun was purchased at a store or at a swap meet or off some kind of Craigslist or other online listing. I am trying to account for the crimes based on the facts we actually have.
you can buy the .177 pellets in canada but the fps is capped at 395 for anything bought or sold in canada. i have my doubts AS could cross border w/his legal history but notion that you could bring a US airgun that shot 1,200 fps across border could very well happen. how lethal would it be used on a human is another question i have no idea the answer to.

I guess in my experience two 19 year men are more likely to be perps than victims. Just demographics.

I agree that a likely motivation for the death of a couple is a sex crime.

I misspoke as little, as I didn't immediately think they were murdered; I wondered if they were murdered or had been left in the woods somewhere alive. It just never occurred to me that a couple of teen would go camping and set their own rig on fire. That has to be a pretty rare occurrence. On the other hand, burned stolen vehicles are quite common.

Anyway, it was just interesting to me how two completely different conclusions were reached.

It's possible. Seems unlikely. No evidence that they drove the RAV4 to the burned truck site, there is evidence that both owned computers. A professor traveling with something other than a laptop (or a tablet) would be a most improbable thing, IMO. Gamers like towers, professors like portable units, particularly those who have to catalog things in the field. Lighter the better. My tablet uses my phone when connectivity is available and I upload my stuff to the cloud.

Are we sure it IS even a computer tower, or could it actually be something else? Just asking because to me it doesn't necessarily look clear enough to say for sure.

It's a myth that any airsoft handgun or long gun cant be deadly. They have been used in homicides as well as accidental deaths when the trigger was pulled against another person.

The US Safety Council states about 4 people every year are killed, and many more seriously injured with an airsoft weapon which now looks just like real weapons.

Airsoft guns have been used in armed robberies, rapes, and other violent crimes. Since they look just like the real deal the defendants are charged with being ARMED because they do have the capacity to gravely injure or even kill.

Airsoft guns have a high pressure capacity causing the metal pellets to come out of the gun barrel at a very high velocity.

The criminals just remove the neon identifier tip making it look just like a real firearm.

Jmho

An airsoft gun only fires plastic bb’s, which at point blank range, can leave a welt.

I can’t find a single documented case where someone has been killed by one (they can take out an eye though.”

I think you are conflating “airsoft” with a bb or pellet gun.

With a well placed shot to the temple or eye, they can be deadly (the latter far more so).

There’s just no way that a weapon like that was used in this case.

An airsoft gun only fires plastic bb’s, which at point blank range, can leave a welt.

I can’t find a single documented case where someone has been killed by one (they can take out an eye though.”

With a well placed shot to the temple or eye, they can be deadly.

ahhh i was taking “airsoft” to be a type of proprietary or brand name. i didn’t realize it was an entirely different weapon (from b.b./pellet) all together.

ahhh i was taking “airsoft” to be a type of proprietary or brand name. i didn’t realize it was an entirely different weapon (from b.b./pellet) all together.
Haaa. Hence the “soft.”

BB guns fire metal. Pellet guns fire metal. Airsoft fires plastic bb’s.

The media seems to use “bb gun” interchangeably with “airsoft gun.”

Very different things though.

Last edited:
It’s mentioned many times here about KM’s family being well off. Wondering why then he was driving an old beat up truck with that old style camper?
From the pictures, it wasn’t beat up and still looked pretty nice. These old Dodge trucks with the Cummins diesel engines are still worth a good bit of money, even 30+ years old with lots of miles on them.

Believe it or not, this is a desirable truck for guys that age.

Okay, just saw the pic of the computer at the torched camper pick-up site. I have no idea how to post it here.

How do we know it isn't LD's computer? K&B could have thrown it and whatever else out of the Rav4 before they split. There's a blue "Lowe's" pail there too do we think that's K&B's too?

That's possible but seems more likely that a couple gamer teenagers would be carrying around a computer tower rather than a older outdoorsy botanist. Imo.

Are we sure it IS even a computer tower, or could it actually be something else? Just asking because to me it doesn't necessarily look clear enough to say for sure.

The picture posted to Global BC twitter account, that has apparently been removed, was clearly a computer tower. If you search up "charcoaled desktop computer Kam and Bryer" on google image search, the image is right there. First one for me.

Where does murder/suicide fit in?

Because that fits the definition of “foul play.”

"No further suspects being sought at this time"

Here's the reported statement about a murder suicide last year, it occurred right near the border of BC/Alberta.

"Lake Louise RCMP say that the deceased female was found inside a room at the Chateau Lake Louise on Sunday, and that there's sufficient evidence to suggest that her death is related to the death of a 52 year old New Brunswick man who was found deceased inside a vehicle near Field, just West of Lake Louise.

The two bodies were discovered on the same day, just hours apart.

A release from Tuesday says that no additional suspects are being sought in relation to these deaths.

Police in Lake Louise have said that the woman's death was a homicide, while Police in B.C have said that the male's death has been deemed as non-criminal."[/QUOTE]

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
One item of interest was spotted during the search of shoreline and brush where two bodies were found Wednesday. What that item is not being disclosed at the moment #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

1:49 PM - 9 Aug 2019 pt

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
RCMP searchers have wrapped up their search of the Nelson River shoreline and bush. They are now at the site of the torched SUV, where bits of metal and scorched keys had remained #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

EBjk04wWsAAxQSn.jpg

1:44 PM - 9 Aug 2019 pt

With a well placed shot to the temple or eye, they can be deadly (the latter far more so).

Can you direct me to a site that sells airsoft (brand) weapons? Because when I type "airsoft brand" in google, I get dozens and dozens of air gun brands (but not airsoft).

I am not conflating anything. I am blatantly and clearly stating that we don't know it was an "airsoft" in the first place (only the oddball father's words - and I'm claiming that people use the word "airsoft" to cover a wide range of guns - just google it yourself).

In fact, since I was given three "airsoft" guns (all of which shoot BB's and can easily inflict some damage to humans) I just went to check and I can't tell what brand they are (at all) but any markings on them. The person who gave them to me said they were "airsoft." But if you're telling me that Airsoft Brand never makes any guns that fire anything but plastic pellets, then I am telling you that many people use the word "airsoft" for things that are not airsoft.

But I'd like to see something from the brand itself, stating that it does not sell (in the US) airsoft BB guns. Go to amazon and type in "airsoft ammo" and you'll immediately see BB's, which is my point. Retailers and other humans use the term "airsoft" in multiple ways.

In the picture where Bryer is shown holding his gun in the family home, he has the barrel tip hidden under his left arm (as far as I can tell) so you can't see if the tip is orange.

The number of gamers who have realistic looking air rifles is legion. People think they are legal to carry on college campuses and at high schools (they are not, in California, but they are found all the time). Penalties for possessing them are much lighter, in any case, it's often not even charged.

I'll upload a picture later, but you can go to airsoft atlanta and see "airsoft BB" under ammunition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth