Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...if they had run out of gas, what would they use? If they had a jerry can, surely they'd put gas in the tank. I guess they could have kept a can of gas just for that purpose. Which is strange. Maybe they had a can of diesel left from their own truck.

I would assume they needed an accelerant to get the kind of burns shown.

An empty gas can of fumes is much more combustible than a jerry can full or even half full of gas. Puncture the tank and let it leak out a little, fumes accumulate, throw a match and run.

It is an offense to improperly secure a firearm, in Canada, even in your own home. provide a firearm to an unlicensed person, in Canada. It is also an offense to provide a firearm used in the commission of a crime. Actually, there's a whole raft of charges potentially in store for anybody who inadvertently or purposefully allowed those teenagers to acquire the guns they allegedly used.

I think that's quite a stretch. All two guns point to is that they both wanted to have a gun for whatever reason....safety, robbery, OR, perhaps killing. All I'm saying is it does not just point to "wanting to kill others"

You're entitled to your opinion, that's all I can say about your comment :rolleyes:

Yes that roadside check and those 2 manning it say they searched the vehicle. Those 2 would have been the last 2 guys that KM and BS would have been in contact with before burning the Rav4. How were 2 guns in the vehicle missed in the search? I guess if the guns were pistols they could have been hidden on their person. Hmmm

Constables are looking for alcohol and drugs, but also did not see weapons.

The teens missed the check stop, and they were followed, and and pulled over.

The suspects did not get out of the car, answered questions, and drove away.

They were also seen leaving community short while later after getting fuel as they stated at the stop.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/first-nation-constable-stopped-homicide-suspects-1.5230779

tataskweyak-cree-nation-check-stop.JPG

A rookie band constable on a remote Manitoba First Nation says he saw the men who are now Canada's most wanted fugitives drive through his community's checkstop a day before police said they were wanted in connection with three killings.

The checkstop is set up to prevent alcohol and drugs from entering the community of about 2,300 on the reserve, which is located 711 kilometres from Winnipeg. bbm

Saunders said the men drove past the checkstop slowly and he caught up with them down the road where they stopped.

"I told them that you know you're supposed to stop ... and then they said sorry about that, the driver said sorry, and then I asked them where they came from and they said Vancouver," the constable, who started the role in March, said.

The constable said the two men told him they were going into the community to get gas. He said he informed them he had to search their vehicle — an SUV.

"I didn't see no camping gear, no maps, no weapons, no drugs or alcohol."

I've been thinking this as well. Dr. Dyck spent a great deal of time camping, for recreation with his family, and for his field research as a botanist. Running into a bear or two seems very possible.

Sure guns are relatively common with hunters and in redneck communities in Canada. But they’re definitely not so common in urban centres. IMO it’s very unlikely Professor LD would have been carrying a gun. Also, I don’t know many folks who take a gun with them on a camping trip, unless it’s also a hunting trip. I imagine that LD, like most experienced campers, practiced basic bear safety.

what are the laws in Canada for purchase of gun parts? could enough parts be bought to put one together? I assume the receiver is regulated if other parts aren't.

Easier to buy 2” metal/steel pipe and make your own banger shotgun. As for buying gun parts, as long as your a legal PAL holder you could buy parts. Expensive and overly technical way to obtain a gun though.

Can you even imagine how BS and KM families are feeling right now? The guns are enough proof for me that they did this. It was the only sticking point for me. I hadn’t heard of a gun being connected to them. Ugh. So why? What was the point? Did it go as planned? It was pretty anti climatic. Did they buy stolen guns? Maybe that is why they got the walmart jobs.

Most people who suicide are depressed, but it's also highly correlated with anxiety disorders and thought disorders like schizophrenia (which is a very painful mental illness). So the question "why suicide?" is answered within the mental health literature (and the first major study still holds: Durkheim's famous book entitled Suicide). You can spend your whole life studying it.

To me, the rise in suicide among young people is concerning.

Extensive suicide is my own specific interest (as well as variations in subcultures as to rates and types of homicides and sex crimes).

Double suicides like this are rare. Extensive suicides are becoming increasingly common (as a percentage of homicides) but are still rare.

Had that been done, there could have been additional fatalities.

I doubt the people doing the search were armed.
We don't know if they would have killed others as we don't know how much ammo they had left. Maybe they just had the last 2 bullets just enough to go and commit their suicides up in the bush?

Another what if ...
They were both working at Walmart together. Both on night shift. What if something at work ticked them off. Maybe they were bullied or someone said something upsetting to them or they were being fired for poor performance. So, they said heck with that, we are out of here and maybe that was the last trigger?

We don't know if they would have killed others as we don't know how much ammo they had left. Maybe they just had the last 2 bullets just enough to go and commit their suicides up in the bush?
Possibly, but personally I don’t think that’s likely.

It will definitely be interesting to know what they were armed with, and how many rounds were found on them.

They could have also started out with one gun and acquired the other from one of the victims. I would think at the very least LD would have had one if he was out in the wilds a lot for his own protection and so when they took his vehicle there was one to be found inside.

I know an awful lot of academics and I can assure you that they do not travel with guns. Guns and academics are two things that do not go together in one sentence.

Only my opinion of course, but I don't think they would have tried to kill the band constables. Way too high profile in that people would have noticed right away. These two seemed far more cowardly. Probably the same reason why the guy who helped them out of the mud didn't end up dead.

Me too, but the series of crimes now becomes comprehensible. The idea that guns are so unavailable in B.C. is also challenged (as many here said, hunting guns are in many homes). Did they steal them? Did someone loan them the guns?

Reserving ammo and keeping the guns dry shows a little planning. I'll be surprised if they had handguns, but not completely shocked.

Whoever these guns trace back to...must be a bit anxious right now.

I'm just very glad that the two guns have been confirmed, even if we don't yet know what type.

Given my theory these two began as experienced thieves prior to moving toward murder, they may’ve been stolen guns or bought on the black market.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/national-gun-trafficking-straw-buying-smuggling-firearms-1.5126228

I've been thinking this as well. Dr. Dyck spent a great deal of time camping, for recreation with his family, and for his field research as a botanist. Running into a bear or two seems very possible.

I had seen a lot of speculation that they might have gotten a gun from Mr. Dyck's vehicle, but I think we can assume they already had possession of the guns, or at least one of them, before they ever encountered Mr. Dyck since Lucas and Chynna were apparently killed by gunshots several days before the discovery of Mr. Dyck and the burning truck. (Of course that's if they indeed killed Lucas and Chynna, which I think most of us believe, but can't say for sure I suppose without the evidence.)
Jmo.

Why couldn't someone from BS's family own a gun? I mean, let's say a late husband had one, and it was locked away never used, rarely checked on -- a rifle, maybe, of some value. And then it was missing after a call about a truck on fire, and the keys to the gun cabinet were missing, too.

And women hunt, too.

Thank you for the link - that's the best map I've seen, with locations of boat, and suspects bodies. I don't think the suspects could make it thousands of miles across Canada, with maps, and not know that road ended near Sundance. I wonder if they had any other injuries (broken bones, cuts, scratches, etc), or were just exhausted, and knew they really were at the end of their trail.

Perhaps they shot each other. I imagine ballistic testing and the location of each gun matched to each bullet would reveal this and that likely hasn't been determined as yet. Just a thought ito another possibility

If so, one of the most incredibly rare kinds of "suicide" and had to be so carefully orchestrated as to boggle the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member