CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangeworld

Reaction score
An Australian man and his American girlfriend have died in suspicious circumstances in Canada, sparking fears they may have been murdered.

Lucas Fowler is reported to be the son of senior NSW police officer, Inspector Stephen Fowler. He was found dead alongside his girlfriend, North Carolina woman Chynna Deese, in British Columbia earlier this week sparking fears of foul play.

Chynna’s sister Kennedy Deese wrote they pair were “homicide victims along a remote stretch of highway in Canada while on a road trip.”

An older style blue mini-van the pair was believed to have been travelling was found at the scene.

Canadian police are looking for anyone who saw the vehicle or offered assistance. They’re also appealing for anyone that travelled the stretch of highway around the time of the discovery to come forward, according to a RCMP media release.

3a2787b59f5c65af6f791d5450ed875f

673a3c10aa32ec585e2f11501db9cf48

Australian man found dead in Canada

Closed thread on suspects McLeod and Schmegelsky

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.energeticcity.ca/2019/07/australian-and-american-found-dead-along-alaska-highway/

Snipped...
...“We have lost our dear Lucas Fowler, son, brother, grandson and friend in the most terrible of circumstances. To lose someone so young and vibrant, who was travelling the world and just enjoying life to the full, is devastating.

To know his beautiful girlfriend, Chynna Deese of Charlotte, North Carolina, also lost her life in this violent event is too cruel. All our love and best wishes go to Chynna’s family and friends.

We are all now travelling to Canada to be with our boy and to bring him home.
Our deepest thanks for all your love and care. At this stage, we can only move forward a minute at a time, and those minutes are moving so slowly.

Please share this with all those who may have crossed paths anywhere in the world with these beautiful young people.”

Didn't they find the RAV4 while it was still on fire? If so they must have been there relatively recently, so I would assume that a larger perimeter was set to contain them.
Yes, but the Rav4 was found Monday night, July 22 and the public did not even know these two were suspects let alone not missing in northern BC until the next day.

There is train service that runs north to churchill and back, but I feel like they were long gone from the Gillam area by the time they were announced as suspects or reported sighted. If they are in another car heading south, they could try and find a place to cross the boarder into the US, which wouldn't be impossible

Southbound VIA passenger service only leaves Gillam on Thursdays and Saturdays. I suspect they are out of Gillam by now. Could have headed Northwards towards Churchill on a VIA I suppose--- that really is the end of the road. That train going north though would depart Gillam for Churchill today.

Winnipeg–Churchill train - Wikipedia

Please continue discussion of Lucas' and Chynna's case here.

The thread for the 2 suspects, McLeod and Schmegelsky, is now closed for further discussion there; they can now be discussed in this thread. I've added a link to the closed thread in the opening post #1 above if anyone needs to refer back.

re: linking the two crimes. They could have been linked by ballistics. That seems likely to me, actually. They could have found something in the burned truck that belonged to the murdered tourists. They could have surveillance video showing the suspects were in the same area at the time of the double murder. There are a lot of possibilities here. For the RCMP to name the teens as suspects they have something pretty solid, you can count on that. If they were merely suspicious they would have called them persons of interest.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine the families are in shock, and then denial. They may not appear to appeal to their sons for quite some time as they believe they're innocent. Right now, I doubt the boys are anywhere near a TV. If they have planned this out, they're probably escaping down Highway #6 to the city of Winnipeg which has a population of about 900,000.
And, we don't know the family dynamics. An appeal from their families might not matter to the perps.

I think they will be caught - just frustrating that it will take such effort (and stress on everyone).

jmo

I went back to see if Walmart in Port Alberni had ever been in the news. This is prior to the suspects working there.

https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/pepper-spray-incident-forces-port-alberni-walmart-to-close/

I also found online hunting and survival supplies, including dehydrated food, pellets for airsoft, bows and arrows, knives, etc. Having never been to the Port Alberni store. I don't know if they sell pepper spray behind the counter. I've seen it in other stores, but you have to take a cardboard bar code to the counter to get it.

It has been reported that coworkers were ordered not to talk to the media. It would be interesting to know what purchases these two made, or if there had been any problems. Hmmm, I wonder if they worked in the stock room. One outlet said they worked the night shift.

There is train service that runs north to churchill and back, but I feel like they were long gone from the Gillam area by the time they were announced as suspects or reported sighted. If they are in another car heading south, they could try and find a place to cross the boarder into the US, which wouldn't be impossible
Crossing the border was a thought of mine as well. I watched a video about people crossing undetected from Minnesota into Ontario so doing the opposite is probably fairly easy on foot or stolen ATV. Don’t forget the guy wanted for murder in TX originally from SD crossed into Manitoba according to LE and still hasn’t been found either . He also fits the description of the “bearded man” in a heated discussion with Chynna and boyfriend . The older man found murdered may not be the same bearded man talking to the couple .

Didn't they find the RAV4 while it was still on fire? .
Yes, but we don't know how long it took from the discovery of the vehicle until it was linked with the pair. The description of the Rav4 may have been circulating amongst law enforcement before that, but it was not public until the next day. And then, how long between figuring out a connection and getting road checks into place? If they already had a replacement vehicle before burning the Rav4, they could have left immediately.

Yes, once in Ontario and Quebec there are a lot of places they can go, a number of them go through places with higher populations. If they can even get to Thunder Bay or the Sault they could easily get lost in the city for a couple days until they needed to move on, and from there Sudbury, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, the East coast, etc, the rail system starts to diverge a lot more at Thunder Bay, with a lot of traffic headed in a lot more directions, LE nightmare
I highly doubt they'd be traveling by train. No way they could be anonymous in confined quarters with that many people around.

Thanks so much for replying, maybe I'm not as far behind as I thought! Has the other deceased man been identified yet?

not to my knowledge. Last I saw was an article quoting an RCMP officer that said they are still trying to identify him and his cause and manner of death has not been confirmed publicly because it's "not important at this point"

Thanks, just mapped this out, and it comes out at about 5000km, is that right, in a week?!

Totally doable, and often done, in Canada. That's 50 hours driving time over 7 days … with two drivers. Speed limit on the trans-Canada is 100km/h or 100km/h depending on the portion you're driving … and most drive above that.

Through Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, many of the secondary highways are also set at 110km/h … because they are flat, straight and generally in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl