CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah MacDonald‏ @smacdonald__
Sarah MacDonald Retweeted Sarah MacDonald

Good morning from #Iskut—80 km south of #DeaseLake. Murder suspects Bryer #Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod are now thought to be several province's east, but they've allegedly left a trail of destruction behind. @BCRCMP are still combing multiple crime scenes in the area. @GlobalBC

7:12 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

#UPDATE: We've now accessed the site where that truck—driven by homicide suspects Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod—was found, burning, near #DeaseLake last week. The body of an unidentified man, suspected to have been killed by the pair, was found a short distance away. @GlobalBC

EAOObTGVUAAyb7r.jpg

EAOObUOU8AI0Zkn.jpg

EAOObUMUcAAC9N4.jpg

12:23 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

To answer questions regarding the above photos of the active scene, with the burnt truck that was driven by #Schmegelsky and McLeod: we're told by @BCRCMP the truck's fibreglass camper melted in the fire. The structure on the left was built by arson investigators. /1 @GlobalBC

7:21 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

.@BCRCMP tell us that us that, as investigators methodically comb through the charred items inside the truck, they are laying them out on that blue tarp to log and keep track of them. Interestingly, a burnt computer is among the items. /2 @GlobalBC

As for the tent in the right foreground: that, too, was erected by @BCRCMP investigators on site. They've now been securing the scene—one of several still-active crime scenes—for nearly six days. Dozens of @BCRCMP members have now travelled to #DeaseLaketo assist. /3 @GlobalBC

I'm trying to think like these two, not that I really want to, but for the current exercise I am.

I wouldn't want to get on a train. I would feel trapped and exposed. The train would be a no no.

Bus....same deal.

I think I'm desperate now, because I have limited options. Trying to drive my way out of the Gillam area is going to tough due to limited routes. I've actually boxed myself in and LE is going to be everywhere.

Going on foot might be an option but it has more cons than pros.

Desperation is really taking hold. Funds are dwindling. Hunger may be setting in. They can't walk into a restaurant without fearing detection. Stealing, breaking into hunting cabins, camps, cottages is probably my go to now.

I think LE will get them pinned downed fairly soon.

Edited to add: The novelty of this is going to be wearing off. Disagreements, arguments are happening. One wants to do one thing and the other wants to do something else. One is faster and the other is holding him back. Their relationship is going to fracture. One may kill the other or they just go their separate ways.

I'm feeling that prison break where the two broke out of prison and it took a month or more to capture them. One was eventually killed but they did split up.

MOO
I think they are long gone from Gillam moo

Andrew Kurjata ‏Verified account @akurjata
A couple of clarifications to make on the situation in Gillam 1. A burnt-out vehicle was found approximately 70km north of the community. It has NOT been confirmed as the one that was driven by the suspects (nor has it been confirmed as not being the one driven by the suspects)

7:34 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

Andrew Kurjata ‏Verified account @akurjata
2. While Manitoba RCMP said they had information the suspects were in the Gillam area yesterday, they have not confirmed that 100 per cent, nor has anyone else.

7:36 AM - 24 Jul 2019 pst

Hop a freight train?
Is that even possible these days? I don't see many freight trains with wide open freight cars these days. Besides that, they would have no clue where the trains were going. Could just as easily put them back in BC.

back to the burnt dodge truck and camper. I understand the fiberglass would easily burn/melt but what about the bars or legs that hold the camper on and upright when off a truck. I don't see any of that in pic. do we think that metal would have burnt?

Hop a freight train?

Absolutely possible. This is SHOCKINGLY common, with folks 'travelling' across Canada in this manner and uploading their escapades to YouTube.

If they're still driving, they could make it across SK into Manitoba in 6-8 hours, assuming they're going east.

If they're headed stateside, they could be heading for Montana, North Dakota, or Minnesota.

I'm wondering if they placed LLE in border cities on alert?

Is that even possible these days? I don't see many freight trains with wide open freight cars these days. Besides that, they would have no clue where the trains were going. Could just as easily put them back in BC.

Most freight trains I see on the west coast are just intermodal shipping containers. They take them directly off the train onto a ship and vice-versa.

I have no clue - not my style of travel, lol. But just wanted to offer an idea about train riding that doesn't involve sitting in a passenger car with a ticket and fellow passengers.

Might fit their fantasy. I think it's a remote idea, but not impossible.

jmo

Not everyone may be able to access the Toronto Globe and Mail article mentioned above on links to far right ideology. The Globe, one of Canada’s most important newspapers, is mostly behind a pay wall.

The reference to the Airsoft rifle fits with Mr. Schmegelsky‘s father purchasing one for him.

Here is the key quote:

“The various accounts share similar imagery and themes, including the Communist icon, far-right politics, sexualized Japanese anime and the survivalist videogame Rust.

“The profile picture for the Illusive Gameing YouTube account features a modified Soviet flag, but its profile picture is the heraldic eagle of Hitler’s Germany, one of the most recognizable symbols of the Nazi regime. The page was active as of six months ago.

“Steam accounts associated to Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod were last active a week before their pickup truck was found, on fire, on Highway 37.

“An online Steam user confirmed to The Globe he talked to Mr. Schmegelsky regularly online. He recalled Mr. McLeod joining their online chats as well.

“The user, who asked not to be identified, provided photos, sent by the teenager, of Mr. Schmegelsky in military fatigues, brandishing what appears to be an airsoft rifle. Another photo shows a swastika armband, similar to those worn by Nazi SS officers. Another photo features Mr. Schmegelsky in a gas mask.

“The photos were sent in the fall of 2018, but the user said he stopped playing online games with Mr. Schmegelsky earlier this year after he continued to praise Hitler’s Germany.”

Full link if you can access it: RCMP search for missing teens now suspected in three B.C. slayings

Just trying to catch up after work! I am actually surprised that they didn't catch the boys yet. I keep feeling like it won't be long but they still keep going. Hopefully, soon they can close in before anybody else gets hurt. I can't imagine what their plan is...

@Moriarty great timeline! Could you move it over to this thread since so many people ask for timelines!

It's definitely possible and easy to tell which direction a train is headed in.

I don't know what to make of the RAV4 being set on fire. Way to announce your position, guys.

Totally doable, and often done, in Canada. That's 50 hours driving time over 7 days … with two drivers. Speed limit on the trans-Canada is 100km/h or 100km/h depending on the portion you're driving … and most drive above that.

Through Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, many of the secondary highways are also set at 110km/h … because they are flat, straight and generally in good shape.
They are way north of the transcan or even the yellowhead, but yeah, totally doable

Totally doable, and often done, in Canada. That's 50 hours driving time over 7 days … with two drivers. Speed limit on the trans-Canada is 100km/h or 100km/h depending on the portion you're driving … and most drive above that.

Through Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, many of the secondary highways are also set at 110km/h … because they are flat, straight and generally in good shape.

Cheers, Vern - hard to imagine from the UK (where 5000km would get me to Nigeria or Kazakhstan!)

Absolutely possible. This is SHOCKINGLY common, with folks 'travelling' across Canada in this manner and uploading their escapades to YouTube.

If they're still driving, they could make it across SK into Manitoba in 6-8 hours, assuming they're going east.

If they're headed stateside, they could be heading for Montana, North Dakota, or Minnesota.

I'm wondering if they placed LLE in border cities on alert?
I thought they had already passed through Sask and had reached Manitoba already.
Many lakes on US border too, especially in Minnesota. A lot of the border there is water, but it also partially a National Park and is patrolled.
An American criminal recently made it across without detection so def possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore