CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few thoughts:

1. They used a stolen card to purchase gas or food;
2. DNA evidence - when they were still missing persons, the RCMP may have approached family to establish a familial match. If this is the case, it might speak to motive due to connotations;
3. Video evidence from gas stations along route, or some form of communication via cell/SM.

I think all of these are great possibilities.

It’s solid, whatever it is.

Welcome to Ws Tipamith, thanks for the interesting link!
From your link, rbbm.
"The two have not been apprehended or charged, but University of Western Ontario criminologist Michael Arntfield said police need to revisit a series of disappearances in Port Alberni and greater Vancouver Island in case there are connections.

“Given this has garnered international attention, I would think they would be remiss to at least not assemble some sort of task force that would involve local police, and any police that are not the RCMP, and oversee front line operations anywhere it’s confirmed these guys have been,” Arntfield said.

Arntfield also works with the Murder Accountability Project in the United States, a non-profit formed in 2015 to track homicide data throughout the country."

"There are a number of outstanding missing persons cases on Vancouver Island, with three people in Port Alberni missing since 2016."

"According to figures from the Canadian Police Information Centre, British Columbia has a missing persons rate twice the national average with 2,500 unsolved cases since records began being kept decades ago. In the past five years, more than 150 people in the province have vanished."

We aren’t privy to the evidence that law enforcement has against these two, or why they are so confident that they are responsible for 3 murders thus far.

It’s a huge unanswered question, but I’m confident that there is strong evidence as to their culpability.

Dying to know what it is, and how the connection was made.
Agreed. Also very interested to find out who the man was they were supposedly arguing with and how he plays into the events. How unfortunate to come across these people.

I find this interesting, partly because of my respect for Michael Arntfield. It's hard to believe that they could be involved in this kind of violence dating back a few years, but...

Since yesterday I have been wondering about what precipitated this trip by KM and BS. I never believed the story of 'going up north for work' that BS told his grandma since he told his dad a different story the same day.

How do you go from being two teens looking for work to being suspected in the murder of a young couple three days later?

That seems relevant. I thought his hair cut was somewhat Hitler-ish but didn't want to say anything w/o knowing. It's a different style than most men wear these days.
BS also had a symbolic photo of some shield on his fb and it had a swastika on it. He was obviously promoting it.

Possibly heading west, new vehicle

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAQjsq_WsAAOHUy.png:large

EAQjsq_WsAAOHUy.png:large

JMO a perspective on border crossing in MN. I live in Northern Minnesota, literally at the end of the road in the central arrowhead. Border crossings in Northern MN are limited and most of the border is along the rainy river and into the Quetico and BWCA areas. This is a vast and unforgiving place and nearly impossible to traverse on foot in the summer. The crossings on roads are typically heavily guarded. Thunder Bay check-point is very narrow. MOO

Not really, ammo yes, but not guns. They stopped around the time the 1997 firearms act came into effect.

I've heard some rural walmarts still do, but I haven't seen a gun in a walmart for 20 years (Ontario)

The website sells airguns, air rifles and a Gamo pellet that says it offers lethal force -- for hunting.

Without a weapon to compare it to, unlikely.

Casings; I somehow don't think they picked those up to remove their evidence as all the scene photos from the numerous scenes seem to show disorganization. If they were left at the scenes, then comparison and establishment of the link between the crimes by RCMP via that means is totally possible.

No that's old news.
also reported here: https://www.ckom.com/syn/648/539190/b-c-murder-suspects-possibly-seen-in-yorkton-rcmp/
10 AM today and already out of date? Wow. Where are they now then? I haven't seen anything more recent.

editing to add that 10 AM central standard time is only two hours ago. Also:
"may be driving a white, four-door Buick vehicle with black rims and marks on the rear bumper.

The licence plate on the vehicle may be a Manitoba plate, with the number KES-288, RCMP said."

Last edited:
I'm sorry, the image of one of them wearing a Nazi uniform in my mind makes me think them capable of anything, specifically that thing. I don't think they want to go anywhere. I think they are exactly where they want to be: in an area with lots of aboriginal people. They went to Whitehorse and found it was literally "white" - 3/4 of the population is European origin. So they headed up "north, north, north, Eskimo north" as they used to say, to go find some natives.

Brevik succeeded in his plan because the island he attacked on was so isolated. A reservation is the same thing: one road in, one road out, miles and miles of bush and no help available for hours, even by helicopter.

I feel so sorry for BS's father because he had no clue. He was crying when the two were missing and demanding, "Go find them!" He was aware that his kid was interested in guns (Airsoft), his heritage (Eastern European?), Steam, all that...he just thought it was all innocent. He thought he had a good kid, and cried for him.

The presumption of innocence is a pillar stone of Canadian law.

To this point there has been nothing released to say that they are anything more than suspects, and should be considered dangerous.

Using Steam, playing with airsoft guns, and racial background are not permissible as evidence of murder in court, only premeditation, if that. Even if they are killers there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for all of these, including the fact that they are teenage boys.

Before Steam it was dungeon and dragons and magic the gathering. Just because you don't understand something a younger generation likes to do for fun, doesn't make it proof of premeditated murder or genocide

I've noticed on twitter that the everybody is considering them as murderers, which they MAY be, but so far they only they only suspects. As such, the jump to genocidal maniacs is a massive stretch, at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm